Bristol v Paris

A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">
Bristol.png
Bristol v Paris
Paris.png
</div>

Paris will be looking for a repeat performance against English oppositon this weekend as they go in search of their second win in this pool. Having secured a bonus point win against Harlequins, Galthiés side should see no reason why the same isn't possible this time round as well.

Bristol need to bounce back sharpish following their heavy defeat in the end, despite a promising start in the Welsh capital.

Teams have yet to be announced.

Here's the teams

Bristol: L Arscott; T Arscott, Higgitt, Brew, Lemi; Hill, Perry (capt); Clarke, Regan, Hobson; Winters, Hohneck; Blowers, El Abd, Ward-Smith. Replacements: Blaney, Crompton, Llewellyn, To'oala, O'Riordan, Strange, Taumalolo

Stade Francais: Jeanjean; Saubade, Mirco Bergamasco, Liebenberg, Arias; Skrela, Fillol; Parisse, Martin, Mauro Bergamasco; Papé, Du Plooy; Ledesma, Szarzewski (capt), Montanella. Replacements: Blin, Attoub, Weber, Milton, Charlon, Bouhraoua, Messina.

It looks pretty bad for Stade français. 9-0, 65 minutes. Skrela missed two penalties.

A typically English boring game, pick-and-go, waiting for the penalty, absolutly no backlines game... The ref don't allow quick pen, that's strange.

17 - 0 to Bristol after an interception try by one of their centres. It must have been a boring game for Stade to not have scored a point >_>

In ******* rain you're never going to have a flowing or open game though - and in fairness it's not boring when your team is winning using the forwards tatics. Blowers and Ward-Smith both had a stormer for Briss today, controled the breakdowns well- That won them the game.

forward game is always boring when it's played throughout the entire game, whoever is playing it.

and in fairness it's not boring when your team is winning using the forwards tatics. [/b]

It's never boring when your team is winning, despite what tactics they use. Stade Francais fans will be annoyed with the way Bristol played, but they should be more annoyed that their team couldn't adapt to the conditions and pull off a win. At least this means Cardiff remain on top of the pool.

Its going to be interesting when some proponents of moving gradually towards rugby-lite start proposing that games be postponed if the conditions do not suit open, running rugby.

I don't really see why anyone should be annoyed that a team presented with conditions which would make trying to throw the ball around frankly suicidal, opted instead to shove it up the jumper and play a more forward orientated game.

If Stade did adapt to the conditions, they would have played a similar game to that of Bristol's and to be fair they have a kicker in Skrela who normally keeps the scoreboard ticking over with accurate penalties.

At the end of the day, when the pitch resembles that of a boating lake at Butlins, you can hardly demand a ragingly fast game of open rugby can you? I mean, what are you suggesting? Call out the Fire Brigade to pump the water off of the pitch? That every rugby stadium in Europe be required to have a roof?

I repeat, I think it's always boring, even if "your" team wins (and Stade Français is really not "my" team).

I notice it did not rain all the time, just at the begining and in the end. More than the forward game, it's the "wait the opposite side make the fault" tactic I dislike.

I know SF was unable to adapt its game but, even if SF'd managed, and even if SF'd won, it'l have been a boring game.

Don't think I say that because I may be disappointed of the result. I'm not, I'm really not a SF's fan or a chauvinist spectator. It's just I don't like that kind of rugby. ;)

Yesterday, if Yachvili'd have missed his last kick, making a Saracens victory, I would surely be as pleased as I was when he succeed.

If you don't like that sort of rugby, you're pretty much f***ed between october and April in the NH. The conditions mean running and spinning the ball at this time of year is only for the reckless and the foolish.

Any Stade Français loss is a great game.
[/b]

:D :D :D

Fabien Galthié had a grat smile on his face before the start kick... I'm sure he will say they losse because of the rain :lol:

Stade were a typical french team today.No heart for the dog when away from home.Its alright handing out hidings in paris but the top boys can do it on the road. Weak mentality i feel.

No well played Bris from anyone then as it is on every other forum (hell even Barf fans have been praising)? Instead here we get bashed for not throwing the ball around in awful conditions - if you don't like it then there's another game for you: rugby league.

I'm so proud of the boys today, I'm off to get even more drunk. :bravo:

A great performance by bristol they just shut down the SF game and didnt let them out of the there 22. I laughed when i saw Mark Regan celebrating winning a scrum. :lol: Rugby Union is a multi-faceted game it isnt just all about throwing the ball about its about rucks,scrums,mauls etc if you do not like that aspect i suggest you start following rugby league.

great result for Bristol, i'm sure the fans will remember it for years. I was pretty surprised because it's not like Stade are reknown for the weakness of their pack.

On the subject of style of rugby, games like that are not boring imo. There is a different kind of excitement to seeing a game more like a battleground between two packs to a game with many moments of magic and imagination. Bristol's performance seems to emulate some of the world cup success stories in style too.

great result for Bristol, i'm sure the fans will remember it for years. I was pretty surprised because it's not like Stade are reknown for the weakness of their pack.

On the subject of style of rugby, games like that are not boring imo. There is a different kind of excitement to seeing a game more like a battleground between two packs to a game with many moments of magic and imagination. Bristol's performance seems to emulate some of the world cup success stories in style too.
[/b]
We have to keep in mind the cultural approach regarding that game.
English can take pleasure with a match made of fight around the pack during 80 minutes where French find it quickly boring.

Latest posts