• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

British and Irish Lions fixtures announced

N

nick_w

Best thing is, it all kicks off on my 22nd b-day, so maybe treat myself!

here is the list, comment and enjoy

30 May: Highveld XV; Royal Bafokeng, Rustenburg
3 June: Golden Lions; Ellis Park, Johannesburg
6 June: Cheetahs; Vodacom Park, Bloemfontein
10 June: Sharks; ABSA Park, Durban
13 June: Western Province; Newlands, Cape Town
16/17 June: Coastal XV; Port Elizabeth (Venue to be confirmed)
20 June: South Africa(first Test); ABSA Park, Durban
23 June: Emerging Springboks; Newlands, Cape Town
27 June: South Africa (second Test); Loftus Versfeld, Pretoria
4 July: South Africa (third Test); Ellis Park, Johannesburg

Saw it earlier today and have to admit good number of games!!!

However the firt tour game is 2 days before (correct me if I am wrong) the Final / Semi's of the Guniess Prem?

To me all the players need to be on tour together to bond etc, so I thought the Lions would have gone later to accomodate this!

Im there for the test matches its gonna be f***ing awesome. Nothing like a Lions tour and the last Sa tour was the best. Highveld XV sounds testing as first games are usually a bit iffy for the touring team.

However the firt tour game is 2 days before (correct me if I am wrong) the Final / Semi's of the Guniess Prem?

To me all the players need to be on tour together to bond etc, so I thought the Lions would have gone later to accomodate this!
[/b]

no your right. They have said that any players who may be in the Lions squad and in the finals will miss the first test. Bit of a silly move if you ask me. These players need to be together for as long as possible to build up that team bond as quickly as possible. There is of course the added worry of injuries that major players may get in the final, plus that famous problem of burn out.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

no your right. They have said that any players who may be in the Lions squad and in the finals will miss the first test. Bit of a silly move if you ask me. These players need to be together for as long as possible to build up that team bond as quickly as possible. There is of course the added worry of injuries that major players may get in the final, plus that famous problem of burn out.
[/b][/quote]
That sums the organisation of rugbys administrators up completely, cant imagine that happening in football. That has ****** me off big time. At least if glos get in the prem final it wont get in the way of the Lions tour,LOL

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]
That sums the organisation of rugbys administrators up completely, cant imagine that happening in football. That has ****** me off big time. At least if glos get in the prem final it wont get in the way of the Lions tour,LOL
[/b][/quote]

Who was it that said the club v country problem was over? It is a shambles.

Is it gonna be aired on Sky Sports or a terrestrial channel? I don't have sky sports lol :ranting:

WTF's the deal with having a test against the emerging springboks in between our first and second test?!
What kind of a squad are we gonna put out for that test?
Talk about fluffing out a tournament!

Latest posts