• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

British & Irish Lions vs Emirates Lions

Farrell looks like the same he does in every international match to me. He follows the ball looking for something out the back or an offload it's just that there is no magic happening in front of him today.

Easy work for BI Lions. Very well structured. Good option taking. Watson is a massive menace. He should start in the tests Imo. Rees Zammit is really a physical winger. He goes in at full tilt. Love the jerseys as well.

Since last Autumn Farrell being picked is the perfect example of a player out of form being picked purely on reputation.

Do reckon he knows that he's not playing well enough even if he'd never admit it?

Do reckon he knows that he's not playing well enough even if he'd never admit it?
Yes, and I think that he would admit it. For all of Farrell's faults he clearly holds himself and others to a very high standard and I have no doubt that he knows he isn't playing to that standard.

Last edited:
Since last Autumn Farrell being picked is the perfect example of a player out of form being picked purely on reputation.

Gatland pretty much confirmed in his press conference that was the case.

Don't worry lads. Aki will come on for Russell and Farrell will switch to 10 at some point (hands over head).

Gatland said some players were picked because they have credit in the bank. I think in Farrell's case it's Northern Rock.

Latest posts