• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bryan Habana

hey guys just read this off a yahoo sports page...(http://au.messages.yahoo.com/sports/rugby-discussion/1739?p=4)

Fastest Times for the 100m

1.Tonderai Chavangha-10.2
2.Brett Stapleton-10.3
3.Bryan Habana-10.4
4.Brent Russell-10.5
5.Joe Rokocoko-10.6
6.Doug Howlett-10.7
7.Jonah Lomu 10.8
8.Rupeni Caucau-10.9
9.Solly Tyibilika 10.91

so habana is fastTT, but i think his acceleration is y in my opinion is his biggest selling point. and if u guys doubt and say he is just an opportunist and doesnt create a play for himself please watch the video post link by TheBokke http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw8y7j8edpA

just my opinion [/b]

These times maybe wrong because Jonah Lomu admitted himself that 10.8 was taken from a hand watch and his best official time was 11.8 which for a man his size is still very impressive.

As for the other times I'm not really sure about but Habana is very quick and a awesome player hope to see him give us some highlights this weekend against the Fijians.

bryan habana is the best player of SA... [/b]
Thats a bit rich don't you think? Explain how he is the best... I've never need any overly impressive kicks or creative play making skills. I've seen him run with the odd chip and chase and is very agile, which he is the best at in the SA team, but the best player overall????

believe that if it(he,she) represents a new generation of players in his(her,your) position(place)

yes im confirmed bryan habana is the king of the wing

your actuation in the world cup 2007 is exellent

Woah, 10.4s on the 100metres, didn't know that. One hell of an athlete, for sure; but from that list, what impresses me the most, is the 10.8 by Jonah Lomu... Considering his size, he's (was) a train!

Hope he won't run that fast on sunday vs Argentina!. He's the best wing actually in all the world, and it's going to be a big trouble for Pumas

How can the KING OF WINGS not score a single try against Fiji in the Rugby World Cup quarters. King of wings usually score at every game in the world cup much like Jonah Lomu, Rupeni Caucaunibuca, Vilimoni Delasau, Shane Williams...those are real king of wings....a winger is a finisher...he should be looking for work and should always look to score.l
Habana wasnt even close to scoring a try against Fiji.

We therefore come to the conclusion that HABANA is FAAAR from being the KING OF WINGS. Most likely just another bloody upstart whos been in good form. Or just a cheapskate like Paulse

That is an interesting question. I don't think there is an outright answer I think I will keep Habana on the wing. But to move him to inside or outside centre could give him more opportunities. I sometimes feel our wings do not get the best quality balls. It is a tough one.

Even though I'm a Hurricanes and All Blacks supporter I can't help but be excited everytime he gets the ball cause 9 times out of 10 he'll do something special.

I'd say he is the best winger in the world right now he won the Super14 for his team and his international strike rate is awesome. I would say Roks but he didn't get much Super14 this season so can't really rate him.

For anyone looking at the times I wouldn't really believe them cause as I've stated before Jonah Lomu admitted on a tv programme "This Is Your Life" that he never ran an official time of 10.8 that was taken from a stopwatch.

Habana's time might be accurate cause he does look extremely fast but I'd like to know what USA winger Ngwenya's times are cause we all seen him shimmy pass Habana.

Even though I'm a Hurricanes and All Blacks supporter I can't help but be excited everytime he gets the ball cause 9 times out of 10 he'll do something special.

I'd say he is the best winger in the world right now he won the Super14 for his team and his international strike rate is awesome. I would say Roks but he didn't get much Super14 this season so can't really rate him.

For anyone looking at the times I wouldn't really believe them cause as I've stated before Jonah Lomu admitted on a tv programme "This Is Your Life" that he never ran an official time of 10.8 that was taken from a stopwatch.

Habana's time might be accurate cause he does look extremely fast but I'd like to know what USA winger Ngwenya's times are cause we all seen him shimmy pass Habana.
[/b]

I saw one game where a winger started catching up to Habana on the sprint. I can't remember who it was. I think habana is fast but a bit overrated when it comes to his speed. There are a few faster than him.

Habana is an awesome winger. It is not only his speed, but also his all-round athleticism. No other winger in the semi-finals comes close, and he may prove the difference between the sides if SA make the final.

Habana's just a real cocky *******. He just wanted to cover his arse when he said that he woul never let "something like that " happen again. well sure! USA is out!

Habana's just a real cocky *******. He just wanted to cover his arse when he said that he woul never let "something like that " happen again. well sure! USA is out! [/b]

In the worlds of Jeremy Clarckson.
You're wrong !,wrong wrong wrong !

Habana went and had a chat with Ngwenya and even told him he was impressed, cocky he is not believe you me.

Also whoever made the remark about Paulse needs to be castrated, he's the second highest try scorer behind Joost, that is he -was- untill Habana overtook him during this world cup. Habana will most likely become the highest try scorer in Springbok history in the shortest amount of games, he allmos has a 1:1 strike record, that's nothing to sniff at.

Actually come to mention it, Paulse has like over 60 tries for WP in his currie cup lifespan too, and he hasn't even played 70 matches, another strike rate habana might abolish with the bulls.

Good word listen to you people, the man gets outpaced once by another winger and suddenly he's overrated. Have you people even watched the Samoan game ?

his defence is strong, nothing wrong about it, I could find you some excellent videos of him doing some bone crunching tackles on the defence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWHpgfHHsxk...ated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvu2Llp2d4Q...ated&search=

If you can find it watch some of the tries he's scored against Samoa in the pool stages.
[/b]

I also heard that Habana has pretty good upper body strength and that he is quite strong in the bench press. He is the only player that can run fast holding the ball with both hands.

Habana a cocky *******, pfft! Whatever. He's never uttered an arrogant word in his rugby career, in fact his modesty is well documented in many leading rugby magazines.

Is Habana the king of wings? No. Lomu will always be king. King, queen, prince and duchess of york all at once.

BUT, does Habana dazzle the crowd nearly every time he touches the ball, has he got the most tries at the tournament (barring Mitchell who got a few against Japan!), has he got a near 100% strike rate in test matches, does he make bone crunching tackles? The answer to all these questions is YES.

And the man benches 165 kg's. Respect if you don't mind.

Latest posts