• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

BT Sport extend Premiership deal

No... but McCafferty has openly stated that he would like the Premiership to be more like the EPL.

Both sides will always want a bit more than they have but we currently have a very workable relationship. The profits of doom like Cooky who were saying the PL was going to destroy rugby with its BT sport deal were proved to be wrong.

Not really... we have yet to see what they are going to push for in their renegotiation with the RFU.

Because they were far less well off before, and that several members of the PRL have been fairly open in their views that club rugby should wrest away power from the international game.

Because they were far less well off before, and that several members of the PRL have been fairly open in their views that club rugby should wrest away power from the international game.

wrest away power? The PRL is thriving and the England team has had a lot to do with that, I know its not PC to say this on here but perhaps the RFU and PRL have figured out its better to work together? there doesnt need to be an overall power base.

Working together is preferable to not working with each other.
Not having two seperate bodies is again preferable to both options, but that's by the bye...

The PRL is doing pretty well, not sure what measure you're using to say it's "thriving".
Again - various members of the PRL have openly talked about wanting more power and referenced the EPL many times when doing so.
I think you are being massively naive if you don't think the PRL wouldn't separate from the RFU if they had the means - the only reason they cooperate is because they have to for the most part.

Working together is preferable to not working with each other.
Not having two seperate bodies is again preferable to both options, but that's by the bye...

The PRL is doing pretty well, not sure what measure you're using to say it's "thriving".
Again - various members of the PRL have openly talked about wanting more power and referenced the EPL many times when doing so.
I think you are being massively naive if you don't think the PRL wouldn't separate from the RFU if they had the means - the only reason they cooperate is because they have to for the most part.

Its not about being naive rats, I heard all this last year: the PRL are a force for evil that want to destroy the RFU, the rugby championship would be the end of NH rugby and the deal with BT was the same as Judas silver but I have just not seen it.

There are some people on here who will never believe the PRL is anything other than a power hungry club of rich villians who hold their annual meetings inside a hollowed out volcano but when you consider the time, money and effort they have put into English rugby you have to take your hats off to them.

Latest posts