• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bull prop Bees Roux arrested

How many times does he have to say things like this before he get's the boot?
I'd have expected any other coach in the world to be sent packing after his comments during the Lions about gouging, but here we are 14months on and he's still at it

Edit: Just seen Jer1chos post. I think this'd be the best for SA Rugby, hopefully a new coach will have enough time to work with the team before the World Cup

First this whole Bees Roux thing blows me away with how shocking it all is. Then PdV comes in with his contribution and I'm starting to wonder what planet this man came from.

Yeah, I read de Villier's comment earlier. I get what I think he's trying to say. I think he was trying to say, that while they don't support what he has been charged of doing, they hope he is found not guilty as they support him as a person.

Despite this interpretation, what he says is unacceptable. He keeps saying really stupid things, and there comes a time where SARU has to way up what Peter de Villiers is really contributing. There has been a lot of doubt about his effectiveness as a coach, with many thinking his coaching staff are behind much of SA's 2009 success, on top of Jake White's already world champion team. Now if he's not there for his brilliant coaching (which seems very much the case) then he must be there because SARU's think having him as SA's head coach will improve SA's rugby reputation, having a man of colour in the highest coaching job in South Africa. Now that would be fine, if he allowed the coaching staff to play the dominant role in coaching, while he was the face of the coaching team, providing he didn't say such stupid, controversial and boarder lineing offensive things.

It must be so frustrating being a South African at the moment. I can't think of another coach in rugby history, that has been so widely considered an idiot. I think if SA have any chance of winning the RWC, they either have to stay with Peter de Villiers and hope for the best, or take quick action in getting Jake White in the position. Introducing a new coach would cause a lot of upset, and I think Jake White is a very qualified coach, who has coached many players still in the Bok lineup which will minimalize the effects of the transition. A totally new coaching team would cause too much disturbance to get an all ready shakey Springbok team on track. If you keep de Villiers as coach, I think SA will do alright in the RWC, all beit stll riding on he success of the previous administration.

Allistair Coetzee would be the perfect man to take lead of the Springboks. He has shown to be a good coach and the players respect him. I know the WP fans wouldn't be too happy about it but it would definitely be the next best option if White doesn't step up to the plate.

Looks like another charge of bringing the game into disrepute is in the offing. PDivvy really doesn't know when or how to STFU does he!!

What the hell is the matter with this plonker? Doesn't he recognise the damage his idiot outbursts do to the reputation of the game and South African rugby?

This topic is about Bees Roux being arrested I don't care about PDV go start a topic called "How much PDV is a clown" don't clog up an important topic about a player possibly having murdered someone with crap about SA's Super Mario lookalike coach.

This topic is about Bees Roux being arrested I don't care about PDV go start a topic called "How much PDV is a clown" don't clog up an important topic about a player possibly having murdered someone with crap about SA's Super Mario lookalike coach.

So, who appointed you moderator?

PdV's comments are related to the incident and therefore have relevance to this thread.

Yeah but the moment anyone mentions him and his comments it begins a big stupid argument about all the other outlandish things he's said, the eye gouging during the Lions games and the like have no bearing on the case.

I think PdV is doing a great job and should stay as coach of South Africa...

...at least until after South Africa have played England this November after which he can be fired all he wants!

I think PdV is doing a great job and should stay as coach of South Africa...

...at least until after South Africa have played England this November after which he can be fired all he wants!
Woah woah woah,
At least leave it until after the world cup ;)

I don't know why you're calling for his resignation though, he'll probably end up somewhere in the Sarries backroom staff :p

No no no we've got someone special at our team and apparently Venter has officially ruled out ever coaching the Boks stating that its a fools job.

No no no we've got someone special at our team and apparently Venter has officially ruled out ever coaching the Boks stating that its a fools job.

fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Okay I can't take you seriously when YOU HAVE LIPS LISTED AS ONE OF YOUR FAVOURITE GAMES!!!

What do you do? Sing "Dancing Queen" like some five year old girl or something?!

First off killing a person if its a cop or not and whether u thought he was trying to rob you is just plain disgusting. We need to remember that somewhere a child lost a dad and a mother a son and wife a husband. There are so much senseless killing in SA everyday that things like this is hardly shocking news and thats the major shocker , that we get use to reading such utter crap everyday. Lets forget a rugby player was involve and mpurne a death of a person.

Now secondly , yes it's very tiresome to defend PDV , everyday he makes it more and more difficult , in this case he was talking about how our guys needs to be focused from now to the WC , he should have stopped right there , instead he went on an talk about he Bees incident and how it can affect our rugby players (some of the Boks are friends and teammates) and as know he has a unique way of putting things. The way I read it , he said that while they done condone the actions the do feel for their fellow rugby player to what transpired , I likened it to something like if your brother or friend killed someone while drinking and driving , we all know its wrong and we dont condone the actions but we also feel for the guy as he is family.

Now I don't fully agree with PDV , yes I would feel similarly buuuuuut I wont say so until I know all the facts , for instance there are conflicting reports re what happened ,some now say the cop was trying to rob him and he retaliated. For the sake of the deseased I reckon they should have said nothing and just offer condolence if asked about it. Sa jaa , very stupid to talk about it , even insensitive but also blown a bit out of proportion by some media here in SA notably Keo and his so called journo's.

This is what PDV actually said. Still silly I agree to talk about a murder without any investigation , u see PDV problem mostly is he speaks without thinking , he wears his heart on his sleeve and he backs his guys no matter what. That and he talks alot of k@k !! LOL

"Nothing must stand in our way between now and the World Cup and the players have to be strong enough to deal with all kinds of psychological issues and domestic circumstances," said the outspoken coach who was cleared of a misconduct charge last month over his alleged claim that referees are under orders to favour New Zealand ahead of next year's World Cup. "For instance, how will the Bees Roux tragedy affect those who know him well? We must deal with everything that comes our way."

De Villiers revealed that the Springboks had discussed the Roux incident and sympathised with the uncapped prop. "We feel for all South Africans, especially rugby players, and while we do not defend the act [of Roux], we sympathise with the tragedy," he said. "It is an unfortunate reality that these things can happen to anybody. The team supports Bees 100 per cent, not on the deed, but rather on the circumstances that led to the situation developing.""

For the love of god please say 'you' instead of 'u'!

Okay I can't take you seriously when YOU HAVE LIPS LISTED AS ONE OF YOUR FAVOURITE GAMES!!!

What do you do? Sing "Dancing Queen" like some five year old girl or something?!

HAHA. Yeah, that's actually for my wife. She wanted a game so i got her that to sing along to. HONEST!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts