• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Muliaina Arrested

Because she's the victim and has done nothing wrong?

I agree.

If someone feels sexually assaulted - they shouldn't have to weigh up the pros and cons of coming forward, with media attention.

I also feel the accused is innocent until proven guilty - and so should have been arrested with some discretion.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) works independently from the police. The police merely assist the CPS with any investigations and arrests. It was the CPS that thought the case warranted investigation and took 7 months to throw out a case which had no evidence. Blame the CPS, not the police, for this.

Sigh....

The police have still handled it incorrectly by dragging him out of his club in front of the media. It surely should of been pretty clear from the outset this was never going to get a rape charge or conviction so why yell it from the mountain top like they have. How hard is it to contact Mills's manager or the team manager and get him to come into the police station?

How hard is that?? It simply is not hard which is why I still say these cops (or the CPS if you want to argue over nothings) had ulterior motives at heart!

Weather its the CPS directing the cops to do it this way or not it makes little difference it was handled incredibly poorly.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree.

If someone feels sexually assaulted - they shouldn't have to weigh up the pros and cons of coming forward, with media attention.

I also feel the accused is innocent until proven guilty - and so should have been arrested with some discretion.

Just another reason they should never of blown it up out of all proportion.

Sigh....

The police have still handled it incorrectly by dragging him out of his club in front of the media. It surely should of been pretty clear from the outset this was never going to get a rape charge or conviction so why yell it from the mountain top like they have. How hard is it to contact Mills's manager or the team manager and get him to come into the police station?

How hard is that?? It simply is not hard which is why I still say these cops (or the CPS if you want to argue over nothings) had ulterior motives at heart!

Being what exactly?

But he's done little wrong. And by right shouldn't the police of set up a meeting in private and dealt with this in private instead of doing the big public arrest after a match so?
A. Tuilagi was up in court a few years ago in Ireland for assault. It went to court here and nobody had a clue until day of court case because he turned up. All the investigation was in private.

Which is why no prosecution?

I am not saying that it did not happen but there are many instances of "victims" making false accusations which have caused serious reputation, financial and/or relationship damage unnecessarily.

For such a relatively minor crime on weighing up the balance of likely successful prosecution/penalty, the police should have gone for a low key approach and anonymity for the defendant as has been suggested.

Their high handed approach was carried out with the intention of causing huge embarrassment to Mils whilst garnering maximum exposure to show the police are doing something.......anything!

Being what exactly?

1) to smear the AB's and New Zealand rugby.

2) to drag this out while England and Wales are going great guns in the WC for media fodder.... oh wait....:rolleyes:

3) for the coppas involved to make a name for themselves.

Take your pick. I'll take number one.

2) to drag this out while England and Wales are going great guns in the WC for media fodder.... oh wait....:rolleyes:

Apparently Mark Reason picked all of them except number one, but then again Marks a wan.er

If you truely believe this then I think it's probably time you took your medication.

Do you need a tin hat to stop "The Man" from stealing your thoughts too?

Seeing as you're convinced that this is a conspiracy to smear your boys, what are the constabulary going to get out of this? How high up does this go? Maybe it was a direct order from COBRA? Maybe Bond will uncover it in his next instalment?

This is absolutely priceless you precious precious little snowflake, bless your simple mind.

Muliaina said he felt "aggrieved" at the treatment he'd received and, earlier this week, he thanked the club, family, friends and even strangers for supporting him through a difficult period.
"Not being able to comment publicly has been very frustrating. While I understand the police have a job to do, the manner in which I was arrested I find difficult to understand."

His lawyer, John Charles Rees, QC, said Muliaina's prosecution was "outrageous".
Simon Porter, his New Zealand-based agent, and New Zealand Rugby Players chief executive Rob Nicol were also critical of how Muliaina was dealt with during his arrest – calling it policing "at its worst."
Porter said: "It was simply unnecessary to drag him off a rugby pitch under intense global media scrutiny. Unfortunately, it was a demonstration of police grandstanding at its worst."

How about you guys above explain how these perfect little welsh coppas of yours come to the conclusion that it was a good idea to arrest Mills under the known circumstances?

Theres pratically nothing I can think of you can say to persuade me that its anything other than one of the three things I mentioned!!

Last edited:

I've heard of Global Zionist conspiracy, Global Patriarchal conspiracy, Global Financial conspiracy but a global anti-NZ rugby conspiracy? hahahaha

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and pretend you were joking.

Can someone explain what Muliaina is supposed to have done?

- - - Updated - - -

This is absolutely priceless you precious precious little snowflake, bless your simple mind.
@Groundhog. His accusation of a conspiracy against NZ rugby is one of the stupidest things i've ever read on the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Muliaina said he felt "aggrieved" at the treatment he'd received and, earlier this week, he thanked the club, family, friends and even strangers for supporting him through a difficult period.
"Not being able to comment publicly has been very frustrating. While I understand the police have a job to do, the manner in which I was arrested I find difficult to understand."

His lawyer, John Charles Rees, QC, said Muliaina's prosecution was "outrageous".
Simon Porter, his New Zealand-based agent, and New Zealand Rugby Players chief executive Rob Nicol were also critical of how Muliaina was dealt with during his arrest – calling it policing "at its worst."
Porter said: "It was simply unnecessary to drag him off a rugby pitch under intense global media scrutiny. Unfortunately, it was a demonstration of police grandstanding at its worst."

How about you guys above explain how these perfect little welsh coppas of yours come to the conclusion that it was a good idea to arrest Mills under the known circumstances?

Theres pratically nothing I can think of you can say to persuade me that its anything other than one of the three things I mentioned!!

Of course his legal team are going to take that stance. Wouldn't be worth their money if they didn't come out fighting.

I think you'll note that none of us have ever said anything along the lines of the police involved being perfect. There are circumstances behind the scenes that none of us are privvy to. You, however, are under the delusion that this is some kind of conspriracy to smear NZ rugby. Thats the interesting explanation that we're all dying to hear.

These cases are so difficult. But one thing's for sure, an outbreak of common sense is needed. From everybody.

Latest posts