• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Burnout Revenge

B

bluesfan

Man I am loving this game, this kills Burnout 3 in every department! I wasn't that impressed with burnout 3 but this game has impressed me! Only played it for a few hours, so can't go into detail but you can "check" traffic that i in your way and use it to take your opponents down. The crashbreaker is awesome, you can see the shockwaves of your detonation rip through the crowd of twisted metal and just throw everything in an outward motion.

Hi Bluesfan,

I didn't really like Burnout 3 to be honest, so i probably won't get this unless i play a demo or something.

Ps2 Magazine's gone and given it 10/10 though

Originally posted by bluesfan@Oct 3 2005, 11:53 PM
Man I am loving this game, this kills Burnout 3 in every department! I wasn't that impressed with burnout 3 but this game has impressed me! Only played it for a few hours, so can't go into detail but you can "check" traffic that i in your way and use it to take your opponents down.
Yeah that was the biggest ting lacking in Burnout 3 imo. Should improve the game immensely.

totally unrealistic imo but still hella fun
<
was playing it til about 3 last night, i am a bit jaded this morning.

it is fun but i wonder how long that will last

I'm getting it today. Finally got Blic yesterday, pretty good. I think the career player is a bit too easy so far. Is it me or does the ai go a little easier on your created player?

And , to keep on topic, burnout iz teh rox

Played it at my mates house the other day, thought it was a lot harder. In some cases its better for the game, and in some other ways its worse. Burnout still has that arcadey style to it, with a shiny new look, lovely new cars, and more graphically boating landscapes.

Im going to buy it soon....
<
but skint....
<

The worst part about Burnout Revenge is that now that you get boost for ramming into cars going the same way as you, there is no point in driving on the wrong side of the road, as the risk just isn't worth the reward...

You drive on the wrong side of the road for the reward?

I just did it for fun.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Oct 29 2005, 09:28 PM
You drive on the wrong side of the road for the reward?

I just did it for fun.
Yeah but what's more fun? Driving on the wrong side of the road, or bashing a ute into an 18 wheeler causing a traffic jam.

If you crash into cars then you slow down, if you go into oncoming traffic you crash.

You need all the time you can get, expecially on burning laps, you have to take shortcuts, and miss alot of cars and use A LOT of boost to gain gold.

But bashing the cars around is a laugh especially traffic attack mode.

I personally prefer burnout 3. Burnout 4's crashes don't seem as impressive as the burnout 3. They have also spoilt the Crash mode. Wtf is the boost timing crap at the start of crash mode all about?

Originally posted by gjohn85@Oct 30 2005, 10:01 AM
I personally prefer burnout 3. Burnout 4's crashes don't seem as impressive as the burnout 3. They have also spoilt the Crash mode. Wtf is the boost timing crap at the start of crash mode all about?
That's EA for you.

To be honest, I wish I'd never sold Burnout 2 sometimes.

Burnout 2 was class, and Burnout 3 was even better.

Burnout 4 will be mine, but hunting Burnout 2 is the current mission objective.

And that boost thingy in Crash.....It determines whether or not you go quicker or slower into the crash which can really change the total damage.

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Oct 30 2005, 10:16 PM
And that boost thingy in Crash.....It determines whether or not you go quicker or slower into the crash which can really change the total damage.
Yes I know what it does, I just prefered it when u had to collect ther boost icon in the 3rd.