• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Call Of Duty 5

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tommowins @ Nov 20 2008, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I might get this on PC but it needs a pretty good video card. Right now I have an ATI Raedon 9550, which isn't good enough. The system requirements are below, can someone tell me a decent video card which is better than the ones below and is at a good price (under $150)

Graphics: Shader 3.0 or better, 256MB Nvidia GeForce 6600GT/ATI Radeon 1600XT or better]

P.S. There are rumors they will combine Xbox360 Live and PC online multiplayer. Can anyone confirm this?[/b]

well it depends on the rest of your pc specs really. it sounds like you have an agp video card which probably also means you are on an older type of motherboard that won't support newer cpus or video cards. if you could I would suggest it is about time to upgrade your computer as the tech in your current one is getting pretty old going by the graphics card that is at least 4 years old now. if you must stick with your current pc I would definitely try and find a 7600 gt nvidia card you should be able to find one for $150 or less second hand and possibly where you are in the world brand new, but most likely a bit more brand new. alternatively if you have a 360 just buy the game for that.

Day Two playing Cod WAW.

Turned it on this morning and whadda ya know.....a new 20 mb update.

So I download and update.

After installing I go back to my mission "Burn em out" on hardcore (I think thats  what they call the second hardest setting).

I am halfway through the mission....the game says the new content is incompatible with the old.  I have to RESTART the mission.

So no probs...I do.

Before at hardcore it was fairly routine going through stuff.  This time with the new content I can't seem to move very far without getting killed all the time...there are tonnes of enemies.

I think they realised that people were finishing the missions too easily and made it tougher....yep...download the new 20mb update before you play this game on solo.  It is like tough going bullets not giving me much room to "walk" through the missions.

damn i wish i didnt update
i updated on day 1 - and i got owned on normal in some missions
i love online - and boy i'd be rich if i had a dollar for everytime i killed the king of the map, to have him hunt me down like its personal and make a fool of me - damn nerds

some more specs: Windows XP
1GB Ram
3.2GHz Intel Pentium 4
And of course the ATI Raedon 9550

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tommowins @ Nov 21 2008, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
some more specs: Windows XP
1GB Ram
3.2GHz Intel Pentium 4
And of course the ATI Raedon 9550[/b]

ok so yeah running some old tech there. I would definitely look into upgrading to a new computer if you can afford it. if you can't try and get a 7600 gt video card and another 1gb of ram would help you out a lot too.

Bloody lag...I am seriously pounding away at people and the bullets are not connecting!  They turn around and look at me bewildered wondering what all the noise is about lol!

I think I better play people in NZ...Radman where are you?

I am shocked that COD suffers from lag at all. Considering it was the most popular online game last year I thought they would be well up on it.

:bravo: <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 21 2008, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am shocked that COD suffers from lag at all. Considering it was the most popular online game last year I thought they would be well up on it.[/b]
It could be my connection perhaps....the lag is only slightly noticeable when it comes to firing bullets.  It is just that when I am playing Craig or Radman here in NZ my bullets do damage....when I play others it does not seem to be as effective.  Yet when I see the replay of them killing me I die so much more quicker with a few shots.

I check my connection after each game they put me in and I am in the lowest red bar...while everyone else is happily on high.  I have noticed that the better connections have tonnes of kills while the low connections often have the lowest.  So maybe I am just connected to the wrong random games.

Apart from that the game really is quite impressive and the lag is not noticeable when moving....it is just the bullets thing that annoys me.  I suppose I will wait for Craig to get the game. 

there is no lag if you change ur matchmaking settings to locale
GG â€" press square (well its x on 360) in the main menu of multiplayer, and u can change ur matchmaking settings to local region or locale only

You will then get no lag

I have been lucky â€" I can get some games on a UK host with no lag â€" but more often than not I just pick locale and its like playing split screen â€" no lag whatsoever

Although I have heard issues with ps3 online on CoD5
Which is why my xbox360 breaths life again……I got it on X360 and xboxlive is a squillion times better than psn, everyone has a headset, so its all happening

I found with psn 10% of people had headsets â€" so its boringly quiet, so tactics/thrash talk etc are redundent

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 21 2008, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
:bravo: <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 21 2008, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am shocked that COD suffers from lag at all. Considering it was the most popular online game last year I thought they would be well up on it.[/b]
It could be my connection perhaps....the lag is only slightly noticeable when it comes to firing bullets. It is just that when I am playing Craig or Radman here in NZ my bullets do damage....when I play others it does not seem to be as effective. Yet when I see the replay of them killing me I die so much more quicker with a few shots.

I check my connection after each game they put me in and I am in the lowest red bar...while everyone else is happily on high. I have noticed that the better connections have tonnes of kills while the low connections often have the lowest. So maybe I am just connected to the wrong random games.

Apart from that the game really is quite impressive and the lag is not noticeable when moving....it is just the bullets thing that annoys me. I suppose I will wait for Craig to get the game.
[/b][/quote]

<span style="font-family:Times New Roman">U will only get aussies and kiwis â€" green bars, and ur bullets exist

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Nov 21 2008, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 21 2008, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:bravo: <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 21 2008, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It could be my connection perhaps....the lag is only slightly noticeable when it comes to firing bullets. It is just that when I am playing Craig or Radman here in NZ my bullets do damage....when I play others it does not seem to be as effective. Yet when I see the replay of them killing me I die so much more quicker with a few shots.

I check my connection after each game they put me in and I am in the lowest red bar...while everyone else is happily on high. I have noticed that the better connections have tonnes of kills while the low connections often have the lowest. So maybe I am just connected to the wrong random games.

Apart from that the game really is quite impressive and the lag is not noticeable when moving....it is just the bullets thing that annoys me. I suppose I will wait for Craig to get the game.
[/b][/quote]

<span style=\'font-family: "Times New Roman"\'>U will only get aussies and kiwis – green bars, and ur bullets exist

[/b][/quote]
Lol!

Just had a game...there is this part where I see this guy come around the corner...I fire at him first and hit him from 5 metres away...he fires back.  I die.  On my kill replay THERE are NO bullets levaing my gun!!!  He just walks around the corner....sees me doing nothing but aiming...fires....I die.

So how do you get into my matchmaking preferences?  Or is that just an xbox thing?

Haven't got it yet, but hired it for two days. Had a $300 repair to my computer so am probably going to have to wait for it under my Christmas tree. :( It's great fun, didn't play online, was getting used to it through the missions. I'm one of those unlucky people who get motion sickness with FPS. On the plus side it seems to go away after a week of playing three 30 mins sessions a day. Then it's like my brain gets used to it, lol.

I liked the game and the weapons, it just does feel like more of the same in a lot of ways. I'd of preferred more of a british storyline though. I always liked the dogged attitude of the brits during WW2. They seemed like the were holding out against great odds with makeshift assets.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 21 2008, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It can be done on the 360, not sure about the PS3 though GG, sorry.[/b]
ARRRGHHHH!

OK I will look at it a bit more indepth....ARRRRGGGGHHH!

Welcome back Craig:)

GG - in the main multiplayer menu - before you press find match
look at the bottom of screen you will see an option for search preference
hit it up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Nov 21 2008, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
GG - in the main multiplayer menu - before you press find match
look at the bottom of screen you will see an option for search preference
hit it up[/b]
Nope...not on PS3...all I get it

PLAYSTATION Network

FIND MATCH
PRIVATE MATCH

CREATE A CLASS
BARRACKS
PARTY PRIVACY

does square do anything? as its blue/x on x360
it seems odd ps3 cant have this sensational option
it has set the bar for future multiplayer

Nope nothing...very disappointing indeed.

I have no idea why they would keep putting me with random people whose bars are all green and I am little red??????

I suppose that is what you get if you are on a network that is free haha!

Gee I just got owned again...this bloody lag.......shooting hardout at this guy and he again kills me...the same guy kills me three times because of my laggy bullets lol!  The last time I shot him from 3 metres away and on the kill cam it has me SHOOTING NO BULLETS!  If that ain't so bad my knife is swinging and making no connections arrrgggghhhhhh!  They must know "tanuvasa" has bad lag because when they see me they don't even bother shooting...they just run up and swing their knife...and I swear I am shooting them all over when they rush me lol!

yep its the curse of a bad connection
it may be free but now ur paying $89.00 for game with massive online flaws by the sounds of things
if u have red ping - get out and keep trying for green ping

I have had enough!!!  I am pumelling people bodies and they turn around and clip my knees...and they stand while I fall????  The replay shows my bullets clean missing??????  Not good not good at all.

Latest posts