Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Classic 2

• Side

• Total voters
Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 19 2005, 09:01 AM
IT IS THE VIEW ALL SPORT IS WATCHED ON.
You're like a goddamn cartoon with your side view.

You're playing with toys in front of your face and smashing them over and over with your tongue hanging out and a pile of drool at your feet.

Do you actually play the sport from the side? Of course not, no one does, it's a ridiculous thought and would require giraffe like necks.

Classic 2 is champagne. Side is snot.

Here endeth the lesson.

<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<

Classic 2 i watched a video on side he had the wing open but he didn't know were it was because he couldn't see it and got tackled easy try on classic also easy to control fly plays

If Captain America you truly believe this - I think it is because you have not watched rugby all your life. If you lived and breathed it from birth you would NEVER play up and down view.

<<like a god damn cartoon>>? You are exactly the same with your stupid f%$#ing view...the only difference is you find me more grating b/c I am actually have authentic and factually-based (on real-life games) reasons for using the side view.

If you played Jonahs etc up and down then you are a friggin' amateur.

In the Jomah's Auckland competition every game was held in side view. One guy questioned this and the whole room laughed until he left. True story.

You want a rugby game that feels like Maddens? Fair enough....but one that looks like it going up and down? Stupid.
<

<<here endeth the lesson>>

!!
Oh please that is pathetic. You haven't strung one decent argument together.

Unless your have a two inch tv you can see enough up field...get over it.
Its guys like you who make it impossible to play comps etc or have rugby in the EA gamer of the year etc....Can't do it b/c some reject always screws it up.

All right, Clanton, you called down the thunder -- well now you got it.
--Wyatt Earp.

(well, Wyatt Earp in 'Tombstone.')

Originally posted by Los Lover+Feb 19 2005, 10:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Feb 19 2005, 10:15 AM)</div>
You want a rugby game that feels like Maddens?[/b]

Lost Lover,

I've looked high and low for where I said I want a rugby game that feels like Madden. I couldn't find it. Possibly because I never said it, nor do I want it. Let go the Madden beast, it is unfounded.

Originally posted by Los Lover+Feb 19 2005, 10:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Feb 19 2005, 10:15 AM)</div>
I think it is because you have not watched rugby all your life.[/b]

Slight difference between watching rugby and playing it, genius. I feel that this style is more akin to actually playing the sport, with defenses and the field view right in front of you. That's all I need for my argument. I play the sport.

But thanks for this gem:

Originally posted by Los Lover in the nitpicking thread
A sports SIM therefore must be played in simulation of the game experience - i.e. SIDE VIEW.

...what? Now, do you play rugby or just watch it?

Originally posted by Los Lover@ again
You haven't strung one decent argument together.

I have, and I've never even brought up the kicking aspect -- not that I need to because from the looks of it, kicking just might suck in Rugby 2005 no matter which view you use.

Having said all this . . . I'm a big fan of JLR and its side view camera. But that's because that was more of an arcade.

Now, I haven't played Rugby 2005 yet, but you wouldn't shut up about sideview this and sideview that in every one of your posts -- I had to take up a contrary position.

And as it has turned out, I think Rugby 2005 looks to be sim enough to play from the actual sim-view -- which is behind the attack, on the field perspective -- does that make sense or is it too clear of a point for you to understand?

<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover the poet
@
In the Jomah's Auckland competition every game was held in side view. One guy questioned this and the whole room laughed until he left. True story.

You're up there with Hemingway in your story telling.

<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover biting off more than he can chew

Its guys like you who make it impossible to play comps etc or have rugby in the EA gamer of the year etc....Can't do it b/c some reject always screws it up.

The world is getting smaller, so should we ever happen to be in the same timezone, let alone same country, at some kind of competition/tournament/whatever and we get the chance to play each other -- after a friendly, good-natured handshake (afterall, we are gentlemen) . . .

. . . I will beat you in any view you choose.

<

I doubt it.

Unless analogue undoes me.

See, I didn't mention side view...whoops.

Thing is, you may play rugby...I did but don't anymore...but when you are playing the game - sim or not - it's just a game...a game that simulates televised rugby. By maintaining side view, I adhere to that principle and this adds to the experience of mimicking world class rugby that IS only experienced live or on television. Unless you happen to be Carter or Gregan or someone and I will concede.

Anyway, the classic 2 view is miles away. That;s not what a game feels like - unless you're flying a chopper or something.

I played ET's rugby league up and down, I played that Amiga rugby game up and down, I played JLR for a while up and down - probably six months or more - until I realised. Thus I have played and experienced both views over an extended period.

Without the tilt I wouldn't be nearly as happy, but with it I think it's the best. Classic 2 is however better (at a glance) than broadcast.

I trust you play the game with out commentary or button options for set moves or bars for mauling etc....you don't have these when you're out there playing on the field. They would detract from you being out there on the pitch.

Ooooo..........wouldn't take on the Cap, Los Lover. He will undoubtedly come out and do what can only be known as "laying the smackdown" on you.
<

Defeat would only come with believing him to be right and myself wrong...I do not...therefore I cannot be defeated.

Maybe if he does a Tron he can actually play in the game through the utter realism of classic 2 transporting him into a fourth dimension. Either that or he could just sit high up and forward on the edge of his seat squinting at the television and praising the fact the game's 'just like amiga only with cooler graphics.'

Yeah...whoopdy doo.

Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 19 2005, 10:01 PM
Thing is, you may play rugby...I did but don't anymore...but when you are playing the game - sim or not - it's just a game...a game that simulates televised rugby. By maintaining side view, I adhere to that principle and this adds to the experience of mimicking world class rugby that IS only experienced live or on television. Unless you happen to be Carter or Gregan or someone and I will concede.
Ah yes, Analogue just might be your kryptonite!
<
<

I understand your point completely, and with sideview (and if the graphics are fantastic and the gameplay ultra smooth) it's like watching a proper match -- but you're in control. And that's totally cool and no doubt I'll play a couple of matches with it like that until I get a feel for this game. I mean, who knows what is actually going to be the best until we've got our hands onCAN'T BELIEVE THE UK GET IT BEFORE THE STATES. THE UK? WTF?

Sorry, still a little bitter that I have to wait til the 9th of March.

Anyway, I'm not Carter or Gregan, and I doubt my wife fantasizes about those guys, but, I maintain that if this game is sim-enough, the Classic 2 will be best for simulating being on the pitch, which is where I love to be even if I can't be on it.

I've only just started playing the sport again (I've got the bruises to show for it too), but what I'm trying to say is that I've been waiting for a rugby vid that simulated that aspect of being behind you're attack very well. JLR and WCR were more fast and furious -- side was best. Rugby 2001 was hit and miss in either perspective. Maybe 2005 will get it right (for my liking).

As for not playing with set-move buttons, mauling bars -- until EA/HB (or even Swordfish) come up with voice recognition software so they can hear me yelling at my television (as I do on the pitch), "We're doing Blue Devil but miss the fullback!" "Get in there!" "Get back!" "Drive" "Outside!" -- well they're going to have to give me more buttons to mess around with.

I stopped listening to commentary when they took away Bill McLaren.

Dude, that voice recognition software idea for shouting plays would be awesome.

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 20 2005, 08:36 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 20 2005, 08:36 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Feb 19 2005, 10:01 PM

Ah yes, Analogue just might be your kryptonite!
<
<

I understand your point completely, and with sideview (and if the graphics are fantastic and the gameplay ultra smooth) it's like watching a proper match -- but you're in control. And that's totally cool and no doubt I'll play a couple of matches with it like that until I get a feel for this game. I mean, who knows what is actually going to be the best until we've got our hands onCAN'T BELIEVE THE UK GET IT BEFORE THE STATES. THE UK? WTF?

Sorry, still a little bitter that I have to wait til the 9th of March.

Anyway, I'm not Carter or Gregan, and I doubt my wife fantasizes about those guys, but, I maintain that if this game is sim-enough, the Classic 2 will be best for simulating being on the pitch, which is where I love to be even if I can't be on it.

I've only just started playing the sport again (I've got the bruises to show for it too), but what I'm trying to say is that I've been waiting for a rugby vid that simulated that aspect of being behind you're attack very well. JLR and WCR were more fast and furious -- side was best. Rugby 2001 was hit and miss in either perspective. Maybe 2005 will get it right (for my liking).

As for not playing with set-move buttons, mauling bars -- until EA/HB (or even Swordfish) come up with voice recognition software so they can hear me yelling at my television (as I do on the pitch), "We're doing Blue Devil but miss the fullback!" "Get in there!" "Get back!" "Drive" "Outside!" -- well they're going to have to give me more buttons to mess around with.

I stopped listening to commentary when they took away Bill McLaren.

Dude, that voice recognition software idea for shouting plays would be awesome. [/b]
Yeah fair enough..
<

wow...longtime to wait till the 17th - with days like weeks, it feels like we're getting it a month later than everyone else!

<

oh well....

<

Watched the videos again - like side still, but definitely think the up and down is good if you play it that way...like, it's a good representation of it.

Haha! Side is losing the poll too! quire surprised....but feel like gayguy etc about it.

Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 20 2005, 03:54 PM
Haha! Side is losing the poll too! quire surprised
Yeah, I'm surprised about it too. I thought everyone would be going for it because the sideview in Rugby 2005 looks much better than the sideview of Rugby 2004. Kinda has the same feel to it as WCR where you can see more and it's not crowded.

It does look good, and when Locks first posted clips of the demo (obviously sideview) it looked great. Just, when I saw the Classic 2, the Wales v NZ and especially the recent Aus v NZ -- man, I hope this game plays as well as it looks, in any view!

17th? Oh man. You have my sympathy. That doesn't make sense at all.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Feb 18 2005, 04:49 PM
Definitely love side view...ala JLR!

JJ..you forgot to mention that the side cam stops at the 22 and pans across with the play. Very significant feauture.

Well done EA for incorporating this almost JLR cam!!! Without this cam I would probably have felt a bit sad about the game.

Did you see Roko and those people at Eden park playing the game on the side view? Looked awesome. Even my wife at first thought she was watching a real game.....and that was having the news camera filming a TV screen!

One month to go
gay-guy with a wife......something ur not telling her??

She knows all about "it" and she wouldn't have it any other way.

I take it you're from Manawatu?

why isnt side winning!?!?!

its rigged this pole is rigged.....rigged i tell ya it reeeeeeeeeegged!!!!!

damn u bundeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

I think I'm gonna wait till the game is released - Rugby 2001 was better with the end to end camera, but WCR and Rugby 2004 were both better with the side camera.

Just vote side now then and help us out!

Poll useless by game's release.

thankx

Latest posts