• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Campese´s comments

P

paco1

Well, David Campese said something like this: "To be honest, the match between Scotland and Argnentina is not rugby. It will be very boring. A quarter final with such a low level is not great advertising for rugby"

This triggers some thoughts:

1 Campese , obviuosly, is far from being a bright thinker as he was as a player. And, maybe, as a local newspaper said, he is very bored with life right now.

2 He might not remember that in the 80´s (when he palyed his best rugby) and in the late 90´s (when he had just retired) Australia had to borrow 2 international players from a low level country like Argentina. Enrique Rodriguwz and Patricio Noriega, 2 great props were who tempted by ARU because of their own low level in the front row and their own shitty props. I still remember Australia touring Argentina, with Campo, lynagh Poidevin, Nick farr Jones ect. and drawing against SIC a local club, suffering a pushover try (1988) in the last play. And some ausie packs destroyed by pumas when they lost 18-16 in Buenos Aires(1997).

3 Anyway maybe Campese thinks that is boring to watch Scotland`s passion and great tactical and defensive game or Argentinas will to defend and low tackling. Maybe because his dislike for tackling is what denies him from being a truly great. Such ads Michael Jones, Gareth Edwards, Hugo Porta, and many more.

Ignore him mate....he is what we call in this country "A bellend".

In todays dailytelegraph he previewed each of the quarter-finals and acutally praised Argentina. However he did pretty much say Scotland just adopt the game plan of running around like chooks with their heads cut off.

I think these are the comments:

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/stor...5006067,00.html

Argentina v Scotland
Calling all insomniacs - this dirge should cure your problem.

Argentina will play their pick-and-drive tactics in the forwards all night, with high balls the only variation.

Throw in a couple of dropped goals, plenty of penalty goals and perhaps a try or two, and the Pumas will be into their first WC semi-final.

As for Scotland, their style has me baffled.

I can't work out what they're trying to do when they get their hands on the ball.

I get the impression they have no idea either.

[/b]

Campo's a bit painful when he keeps squealing "I'm bored", but his analysis is correct.

Arg have some wonderful players in the backline, but there's no reason to think they'll build tries instead of relying on the high ball. Whatever works for you.

And Scotland are crash-ball addicts, creating very little. So he's right there as well.

Arg defence to get back to normal after the two tries from Ireland, and it should be over by the start of the 4th quarter. Unless Arg give away a huge number of penalties.

Argentina v Scotland

Argentina will play their pick-and-drive tactics in the forwards all night, with high balls the only variation.

Throw in a couple of dropped goals, plenty of penalty goals and perhaps a try or two, and the Pumas will be into their first WC semi-final.

I can't work out what they're trying to do when they get their hands on the ball.

[/b]

Campo's a bit painful when he keeps squealing "I'm bored", but his analysis is correct.

Arg have some wonderful players in the backline, but there's no reason to think they'll build tries instead of relying on the high ball. Whatever works for you.

And Scotland are crash-ball addicts, creating very little. So he's right there as well.

Arg defence to get back to normal after the two tries from Ireland, and it should be over by the start of the 4th quarter. Unless Arg give away a huge number of penalties.
[/b]

Are you sure this is all that he said?? Maybe he talked some more to another paper.

Anyway I don`t think it will be a boring nor a low quality match. In fact it could be a real thiller. An there will be some superb players on the field, on both sides.

What is a bellend???

<div class='quotemain'>

Argentina v Scotland

[/b]

[/b]

Are you sure this is all that he said?? Maybe he talked some more to another paper.

Anyway I don`t think it will be a boring nor a low quality match. In fact it could be a real thiller. An there will be some superb players on the field, on both sides.

What is a bellend???
[/b][/quote]
Why is it so hard for people to do a simple google search?!?!?!

A bellend is another word for penis.

usage: Paquirri has a bellend on his forehead

boring, low quality?

well BOTH sides have a good chance of winning, and will enter the game with the attitude that "someone will win this, so why not us?"

and as for low quality - the quality of rugby on display here will be much better than it was in, say, England v USA!

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

Argentina v Scotland

[/b]

[/b]

What is a bellend???
[/b][/quote]
Why is it so hard for people to do a simple google search?!?!?!

A bellend is another word for penis.

usage: Paquirri has a bellend on his forehead
[/b][/quote]

Ha, ha, very funny mate. You might as well change your name to bellend-head?

google search: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bellend

he is an ignoramus, he proves it time and time again! too cocky is what he is

He's got a point though. He's not saying that they are bad teams or bad players, he is simply saying they are playing a style of rugby that is counterintuative to what fans want to see and to what many of us believe to be what rugby is all about. Everyone wants to see a running, attacking game of rugby and neither of these teams provide that. What Argentina does is very effective and plays to their personel, but I don't really want to see chip and chase, defensive rugby. Argentina have fantastic players, but they insist on keeping the game tight to the chest.

The only way I can think of this match being boring is that The Pumas will probably win by 30 points or more.

And take John Kirwan's words... "Argentina can go all the way, without a doubt". I think this is true, The Pumas look a class act right now.

I don't care what that twat Campese thinks, he's a moron with a receding hair line.