• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Can England retain the World Cup?

two words... HELL NO! [/b]

Did you actually read the article???

or are you just like the rest of the pompus New Zealanders, who cant take it you do f*** all in world cups??? and will do f*** all in this one as well???

<div class='quotemain'> two words... HELL NO! [/b]

Did you actually read the article???

or are you just like the rest of the pompus New Zealanders, who cant take it you do f*** all in world cups??? and will do f*** all in this one as well???
[/b][/quote]

As DC posted;

clz6.jpg

this is going to turn into a N.H vs S.H alright... let us calm down...
and look at it over again...

England: I agree with Charlie, they got one year can they pull it off? I cant see that one coming though..

New Zealand: THE best team AT THE MOMENT, can they keep their form? they have a good chance at that, a better chance than most.

French: They're going to be one of the favourites, anyone gets pumped up playing at home... especially when you play in front of your nation...

But about who to put your money on...
I'm not biassed, but i'm gonna go to the Allblacks.. you cant skip the fact that they've only lost one game this year, first loss in 15 games, and i only have the team to blame, they are over confident at the moment, and hopefully His Highness King Henry would slap each one of them and give them their wake up call!!!
The Allblacks will make it through to win their second William Webb Ellis...
If not, I want 50 minus rep point...

their confidence is their strengh and their weakness ... look at brazil in soccer, before the 2006 wc they were the grand favourites ... and they lost in 1/4 ... if the all blacks want to win they must be humble and think they'll have to play this wc. its quite hard when you are so strong.

Let's all be honest:
1. England won't win the world cup.
2. Ireland will win the world cup.

It's not as complicated as you've been making it.

Let's all be honest:
1. England won't win the world cup.
2. Ireland will win the world cup.

It's not as complicated as you've been making it.
[/b]

let's all be honest :
1. England won't win the world cup
2. i like your sens of humour :):):)

Why Wont England win the world cup, dont just say it EXPLAIN your reasoning, discuss it a bit...

Please do put your arguement across so I can argue back

Why Wont England win the world cup, dont just say it EXPLAIN your reasoning, discuss it a bit...

Please do put your arguement across so I can argue back
[/b]

Ooookay...well, I won't knock the English Players...The Guinness Premiership is highly enjoyable to watch, and an excellent brand of Rugby style, but, let's be honest, the men behind the men, so to say, have not made good decisions. Wilkinson has been injured so much it looks as if God doesn't want him to even see a game of rugby, they lost all of the senior member's of the old squad, and while the young players are great in their own right with their respective club teams, something is just missing when they all put on the white shirt with the red rose. This whole Rob Andrew thing might prove to be brilliant, but not till 2011.

Ireland, on the other hand, are brilliant. Although they lost to the All-Mighty-Blacks, they played them quite well. They pulled off the Triple Crown last year, Munster and Ulster did well, and Let's be honest, O'Driscoll and D'Arcy are a heck of a combo. On their day (which they do have off days) no one is better at the line out, which has proved to be huge for my guinness inhaling brothers. Plus, God likes the Irish.

Counter argument please.

pffff do you know it's not sufficient ? i'll say : yachvili, heymans, jauzion, traille and casteignede ... do you want more ??? ok let's add betsen, brusque, thion and captain pelous ... you get enough ?
i'll be honnest i'dd like to have o'driscoll ... but he's not a whole team !!!

Richie McCaw.

I Win.
[/b]

:) nice argument

but this is only part of the thread ... england won't retain the wc because : you've got no fly half, no full back and your 1st line is not what it was before ....

And this is based on what evidance???
[/b]

getofmeland, the point at the moment I think is that England is a bit like Wales there's no stable team in the sense that with the retirements and the injurie, A. Robinson has not stabilized a core group of players that get used to play together and on which to build up.

Last November England showed some good test Rugby versus the SH sides but after that during the 6N and the June test no quality was shown especially in the backs that were almost unable to perform two passes without knocking on.

I will actually agree with that cos in my article i mentioned about the importance of getting this core group of 22 players together and playing on a regular basis as a unit... I think if they can do this as soon as possible they would have a chance of winning the world cup, or just even having a good world cup to build on... We did have a respectable performance in the SH tour and a poor six nations... We need some with the same influence as Martin Johnson as captain...

but this is only part of the thread ... england won't retain the wc because : you've got no fly half, no full back and your 1st line is not what it was before .... [/b]

So who are Charlie Hodgson backed up by Shane Drahm and Josh Lewsey backed up by Mark Van Gisbergen? I know your not the sharpest tool in the box, but by reckoning we definately do have 2 players of the highest standard in both positions.

And what the hell is a "1st line"?

<div class='quotemain'>
but this is only part of the thread ... england won't retain the wc because : you've got no fly half, no full back and your 1st line is not what it was before .... [/b]

So who are Charlie Hodgson backed up by Shane Drahm and Josh Lewsey backed up by Mark Van Gisbergen? I know your not the sharpest tool in the box, but by reckoning we definately do have 2 players of the highest standard in both positions.

[/b][/quote]

euh sorry but what the hell does it mean ? I know your not the sharpest tool in the box, but by reckoning we definately do have 2 players of the highest standard in both positions ??? i don't understand that ...

1st line is the 2 props and the hooker ... forwards if u prefer ... in french they are called first line, 2 second rows are 2 line and flankers+n°8 are 3rd line ... as simple as that mate !!!

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

"1st line" is the direct translation of the French naming of the front row. Similarly in French locks are second line while the flankers and the 8, the back row, are the third line.

Ah, thanks Don! :D

Anyway, as for the fronty row... Again, it's not what it could be because the wrong selections are still being made;

Vickery, Thompson and White are the wrong men for the 1st choice. Consider players like Sheridan, Freshwater, Barnard, Stevens, Chuter, ***terall and Mears; Any combination of which would tear almost any other front row in the world to shreads, yet AR is such a dopey gimp that he picks the best players from 4 years ago instead of the now.

I've said it time and time again but have lost faith in the management for seeing it happen; England have more then enough quality to field another world cup winning team, but they need to be picked first and foremost by a compitent instead of the media which knows f*** all of what it speaks.

Latest posts