• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Can England retain the World Cup?

yep sure but the problem with england (after the coach we all know !!!) is that they had no vision of the after 2003 wc : they've been preparing their team for that competition about 3 or 4 years before but they did not do anything for the after period ... they knew dalaglio, j. robinson &co were about 30 years old ... but they did not do anything for the after ...

That all went ***s up when SCW resigned, when he proberby did know which players to bring through and nurture, and left Captain Charisma in charge, who's knows nothing more then "Leicester won a lot 5+ years ago, let's use their players".

May as well have asked the sports editor of The Sun to manage the national side.

england stand gud chance to win the world cup, whereas wales currently are struggling from injuries and plus depth in squad
henson aint up to it nowadays
nz will do **** they always do

What happend to the Welsh after their phenominal 6 Nations? They just haven't been the same? It's almost like England after winning the World Cup.

Mostly injuries that buggered them up, plus the in fighting/Ruddock resigning etc.

Wales have been in decline ever since steve hansen left and to an extent graham henry. Yeah they won the the 6N in 05 with ruddock at the helm, but all the hardwork had been done before him. That and a lack of depth too.

Seeing as we haven't really seen England play since the 6Ns, the four upcoming tests in November will be interesting to watch and now RA is on the staff, what changes are going to be made.

Think we will now what position England will be in after these, anything but four wins would be unacceptable.

Lets just hope they don't bring Dean Richards on board to as I hear he may be looking for a new job.

'Panic... I'm not panicing'

england are cack, if they win the world cup this time, ill carry out my threat of action against the english flag.

they aint f***ing good enought thst why

boring boring, old fat disgustingly ugly f***ing ********.

i hate england, cess pit of the earth

the cancer of rugby.

i love you guys on here tho, just hate england. the rugby team.... and the nation.

england are cack, if they win the world cup this time, ill carry out my threat of action against the english flag.

the cancer of rugby.

i love you guys on here tho, just hate england. the rugby team.... and the nation. [/b]

Elloquent

the cancer of rugby.

i love you guys on here tho, just hate england. the rugby team.... and the nation.
[/b]

what a geek

Thanks lora, indirectly you've managed to bugger up one of the best threads TRF has had in the last 3 months.

Have a cookie.

how can you seriously think england can win the wc, there not good enough, simple as.

end of discussion numb nuts.

England have left it too late to try and address the problems they've had recently. Their game plan that won them the world cup went to pot when Wilko got crocked, and they've not really been able to settle on a style since then that can win them games consistently. England aren't a poor team, they've got good players but they aren't as good a team as they were in '03 and alot of sides have improved a hell of alot (NZ, Scotland, Wales - though not that i'm saying Scotland or Wales will in the WC) and anything they do this year will probably be too little too late.

I will probably agree with that Gunner, but I still think there is hope for England to put in a "Decent" Performance, but I think the Autumn Internationals will be the key for them, i dont think they need to win, they need to play good rugby, and get the basics right which is what they have lacked for sometime now, but when they have got it right its looked good, and there have been these sparks of decent rugby...

I believe the Home Nations will have a good run in the world cup... Scotland have improved, and they had a fantastic 6Nations last year...

I'd be up for a Scotland England final.

Then it'd be a road trip to Paris!

<div class='quotemain'> two words... HELL NO! [/b]

Did you actually read the article???

or are you just like the rest of the pompus New Zealanders, who cant take it you do f*** all in world cups??? and will do f*** all in this one as well???
[/b][/quote]

LOL this coming from a person who supports England. Lets see the England team try and beat the All Blacks in the next 2 world cups. Its not going to happen seeing that at the moment England doesnt even know what its doing with itself and the 2011 RWC is going to be held in New Zealand and im sure the AB's are not going to dissapoint. Im willing to bet that the AB reserve team could beat England at the moment.

England have as good a chance as australia to be honest.
If they get a full strength squad of there they can match all the sides in the tournoment.
NZ are ahead by a mile at the moment. the reason being is they can play consistant football both home and away. im not saying NZ will win it. it would be foolish to say that. but they are doing everything possbile to make sure theyre ready for this world cup.

now as for people saying NZ will do **** in this world cup like always??
just remember this... australia are the only side to win more world cups than NZ.
NZ are the only side who have never failed to make the semi-finals.

Australia- Knocked out in 1/4's in 1995
South Africa- Knocked out in 1/4's in 2003
England- Knocked out in 1/4's in 1999
France- Knocked out in 1/4's in 1991
Ireland- Have never made semi's
Scotland- Made the semi-finals once in 1991
Wales- Made the semi-finals once in 1987

the worst NZ have done is losing in the 3rd and 4th playoff in 1999.
yeah, weve done nothing in world cups....

Yep we sure have done well generally at rugby matches... but world cups are abt TWO games for ABs...

Semi
Final...

If you can't finish it off, ur no better than the quarter finalists...

Our record there aren't flash.

Latest posts