• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Can Ryan Kankowski be the solution for the midfield crisis?

TRF_Ezequiel

Kanko Krazy!!!
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
I know it might sound weird suggesting this, but do you guys think Ryan Kankowski might be suited to play inside center for the Sharks? And does he have it in him to actually make the Bok squad in that position?

He has been playing at the back of the scrum for years and being a forward, it might sound weird, but I have some good arguments.

1. He is incredibly light on his toes and has serious pace
2. He knows how to tackle
3. He already scores center tries (intercepts, sprints beating full-backs etc.)

This might solve some issues since we are struggling a lot in Durban with finding a good center-pairing. And is it that weird to suggest this? Kankowski has been pretty good as a Sevens player and over in Cape Town they have a guy named Nick Koster doing the same ;)

Its a difficult won because he is a very useful player to have as a number 8 because he can pick and go with great pace and strength but i suppose he could play centre as well but it would take a long time for him to feel comfortable there. I would say that at the end of the season move him to the centres play him as a centre in warm up matches and see how he plays there if he is no good then he can play back row again but it is worth a try

Latest posts