• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Can they put in classic teams into the new 2012 game!!

sionepani

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
New Zealand
I want to see teams like the 95' boks or 90's auckland blues or 87' all blacks. Teams that were awesome in their times. Can anyone else think of any others they should include?

Wales' 70s team... My avatar my give my bias away though!

NZ 1996 in my opinion was the greatest team on paper.

the reds of 1996-99. regularly topped the super 12 and had players like john eales, tim horan, toutai kefu, jason little, dan herbert, ben tune. i think it would be better if you could unlock players rather than teams. hb could pick 50 or so great players and the better they are the harder it is to unlock them. then you could use them in your normal roster or a special game mode.

Am I the only one that thinks that these would be really difficult to integrate in relation to modern teams? Even someone as recent as Lomu would be difficult to include given the impact he made would be reduced massively since we've moved to the stage where players of his size and speed aren't as uncommon.

England 02-03

Lions 74

Give them stats relevant to their standing in those days and let rip.

I think i'd prefer to see a few classic players from around the world as unlockables instead of classic teams... how about:

Cristian Cullen (New Zealand)
Colin Meads (New Zealand)
Sean Fitzpatrick (New Zealand)
David Campese (Australia)
George Gregan (Australia)
John Eales (Australia)
Percy Montgomery (South Africa)
Francois Pienaar (South Africa)
Joost van der Westhuizen (South Africa)
Pichot Augustine (Argentina)
Rupeni Caucaunibuca (Fiji)
Serge Blanco (France)
Philippe Sella (France)
Jason Leonard (England)
Martin Johnson (England)
Jason Robinson (England)
Gareth Edwards (Wales)
Ivan Francescato (Italy)

It would be great to have vintage uniforms, balls or even stadiums! I'd love to see 1987 Eden Park as well as 2011 Eden Park!

@ Dan The Man

Nice list

Os du Randt (RSA)
Brian Lima (SAM) ???

:) well, just my favourite Legends that you've missed hehe

Can't miss the chiropractor in a classic/legend team?=

fiji 70's

smashed any team that set foot in fiji...true story...

actually...they lost one game to new zealand by a last minute try...18- 17

but hey, at least we beat british lions ;)

Last edited:
And lost to the Maori twice.

And Ireland

And Austalia

And England

And Tonga

And France.

lmao they shud at least put in the fiji 82 - 1984....undefeated. Then we got our invite to the 1987 world cup! ;) ...but we only made it to the qaurter finals

Last edited:
Percy doesn't play no more mate, he retired at the end of the 2007 Rugby World Cup

He retired mid 2008 with the Stormers
I remember this because I was going to go for his autograph when they came to Wellington
he retired a few weeks prior to that match :(
I was wondering why Joe Pietersen started that match

@ Dan The Man

Nice list

Os du Randt (RSA)
Brian Lima (SAM) ???

:) well, just my favourite Legends that you've missed hehe

Can't miss the chiropractor in a classic/legend team?=

Of course... Brian Lima!!! how did i forget about him?!? Yeah, i thought about du Rant but i already had a few Springboks... I think that if "Legends are included then it needs to be spread out so that players outside Tri and 6 Nations are present. But yes Brian Lima is a must!!! Tacking - 99 :D

Surely incorporating a tool where players of the game can make players/team themselves like the Fifa 11 Creation Centre would be the best bet. It gives us the ability to create the classic players/teams/kits etc online then download them straight to the console.

Probably tricky to link the systems. I think NCAA Football 09 or 10 was the first time that was done.

What could be a better idea, and also tying in with 08 would be to have unlockable challenges where you can play as classic players in a their famous scenarios/story mode. But actually, just play as those players (like be a pro). So maybe Wilkinson's drop goal in 03, stransky's drop in 95, Lomu's 4 tries or whatever in 95 against England. Maybe have 15-20 classic licensed player scenarios. A chance to re-live, or change history as such.

I mentioned this before but the classic matches in Rugby08 have no value to me since they are played with the recent squads. That should definitely change (if possible of course)

Latest posts