• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Can they put in classic teams into the new 2012 game!!

to solve everyones classic team just make them dlc's and make tons of them

If there is a problem getting the licensing, an player-edit/create mode would be a good alternative but I am sure someone else posted that already ;)

This is a good topic, but it has no relevance as this won't happen very soon. In this release almost for sure. But it would be indeed an excellent experience to recreate classic matches with the original teams. The challenge mode in Rugby 08 was a great idea, I learned about some classic encounters that to my shame I never heard about. But the fact that you played with the current line-up took away all the fun out of it.

So if somehow this feature will be implemented in the game, these is my wishlist:

Original team line-ups
Original T-shirts of the respective era
Original Stadiums
Original Rules
Original Ball and Player Dynamics according to weather and era.

That is a tricky thing, the rules... Will it even be possible to create the rules in a way so they are suited for every era.

Also, since the World Cup has only been there since 1987, it might be cool to have some teams from the 70's and 80's like the B&I Lions that toured South Africa in 1977 or the Springbok squad with players like Naas Botha

Yeah, that's true. It's possible to turn off rules and all so it should be possible. Guess I was not thinking clearly ;)

I think i'd prefer to see a few classic players from around the world as unlockables instead of classic teams... how about:

Cristian Cullen (New Zealand)
Colin Meads (New Zealand)
Sean Fitzpatrick (New Zealand)
David Campese (Australia)
George Gregan (Australia)
John Eales (Australia)
Percy Montgomery (South Africa)
Francois Pienaar (South Africa)
Joost van der Westhuizen (South Africa)
Pichot Augustine (Argentina)
Rupeni Caucaunibuca (Fiji)
Serge Blanco (France)
Philippe Sella (France)
Jason Leonard (England)
Martin Johnson (England)
Jason Robinson (England)
Gareth Edwards (Wales)
Ivan Francescato (Italy)

It would be great to have vintage uniforms, balls or even stadiums! I'd love to see 1987 Eden Park as well as 2011 Eden Park!

Add to this list

Brian Lima,Peter Fatialofa (Manu Samoa) Gota have Peter Fats in there.
Joeli Veitayaki (Fiji) This guy was that big ass prop

This is a great idea - you would have to have 1973 Barbarians

Latest posts