Cars don't you just hate them

Getofmeland

The Dorset Drinker
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Bath
I am now officially ****** off with my car...

Last week, I had a bill of over £400 on my car, which I didn't mind as it is all wear and tear items, but yesterday I went to move my car and my Gearbox has gone, I am unable to change into any gear now...

Just need to rant...

So currently without car and now have to try and find the time to get the car fixed, oh and thats not forgetting the money!!! ARGH!

Don't you find it a wee bit of a coindence that you just had your car 'fixed' recently?

An old teacher had a court case against a repair shop, because they would fix something, and then tinker with another so that it fails after a couple of days/weeks of use

My car keeps making a "popping" sound whenever I turn to the left and boot it slightly - A problem when accelerating at a roundabout.

Still, it cost me £1200 2 years ago, has only cost me about £500 for brakes and tires since then so doesn't really owe me anything. Be nice if I could keep it going for another year or 2 if possible though.

The amount of parts I've replaced on my car it's pretty much not the car I bought in the first place

Cars are bloody money pits

My Focus was just over 3 years old when the Cam tension Pulley "gave up" (i.e. The fuckers at Ford didn't build it properly) and the entire engine collapsed in on itself.

£2000 worth of repairs later and I now own a £1200 Puma with over 100k on the clock that makes funny popping noises when it turns left...

Bullitt for some odd reason I imagine you actually drove this:

Large%20Image.jpg

or this ....

10%20Inbetweeners%20car.jpg

* Yellow Car for the less intelligent.

Last edited:
I've never driven a house.

Driven a canal boat which is similar, but never bricks and mortar.

I am now officially ****** off with my car...

Last week, I had a bill of over £400 on my car, which I didn't mind as it is all wear and tear items, but yesterday I went to move my car and my Gearbox has gone, I am unable to change into any gear now...

Just need to rant...

So currently without car and now have to try and find the time to get the car fixed, oh and thats not forgetting the money!!! ARGH!

Was there any tell tell signs that something was wrong with the transmission before the gearbox died? It's very odd for a gearbox to just die whilst standing still. Infact, it's quite unusual for gearboxes to fail atall. Were you having any problems with the clutch slipping, as it would be more likely for the clutch to give up the ghost that the gearbox. A clutch plate doesn't cost all that mutch, and it's nowhere near as hard to replace.

The first thing you should do is check the clutch fluid level, if that's low, or if there's a leaking pipe somewhere it'd be impossible to change gear. Check the clutch master cylinder to check there's nothing broken (we had a Rover, where the master cylinder had ripped itself from the bulkhead, so that when the clutch pedal was pressed, it wasn't engaging the clutch, just moving the master cyclinder). Finally, if you can get underneath the car, check the clutch linkages where they enter the clutch housing (between the engine and gearbox). Make sure the linkages, and the arm that sticks out from the clutch housing can move (they can sieze).

What car is it?

Depending on the age of the car (I assume it's not all that new considering the recent repair costs), if it is the gearbox, find a breakers yard and buy a second hand one from a written off car and get a garage to fit that instead (a small one man mechanic should be willing), or ask the garage to source a second hand gearbox. There's no point forking out silly money on a new gearbox for an old car. Should save you quite a bit, although a gearbox change will cost a hefty sum on labour alone.

Buy Japanese - unbelievable engineering. Get decent tyres. Change oil regularly. Happy motoring!

The 350Z is American manufactured by a Japanese owned Company. The Same as a Ford Puma is German manufactured by an American company or the Jag XF is British manufactured by an Indian company.

Besides, you drive a 350Z fans and your life will be over pretty quick. They're not renowned as ideal for "showing off" to get girls...

What you need is a Lime green Beetle to get the girls...... Leads them into a false sense of security then pow pow pow :p thats how you do it

Ah, the fabled Chris Evans in a Morris Minor trick! :lol:

Can't believe this hasn't shown up yet

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts