• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Centralised team/player database idea

ok quit it guys, please :)

This thing sounds like a great idea and i cant wait to get my teeth into it.

ok quit it guys, please :)

This thing sounds like a great idea and i cant wait to get my teeth into it. [/b]

No worries, I am not even bothering reading his posts in this thread so no doubt that will be bother him more than anything i have to say in reply :bleh!: Really can't be bothered banging my head against a brick wall when there's more productive things to do :wall:

<div class='quotemain'> ok quit it guys, please :)

This thing sounds like a great idea and i cant wait to get my teeth into it. [/b]

No worries, I am not even bothering reading his posts in this thread so no doubt that will be bother him more than anything i have to say in reply :bleh!: Really can't be bothered banging my head against a brick wall when there's more productive things to do :wall:
[/b][/quote]

Well,

I guess that's the message board equivalent of putting your hand on your ears and screaming "I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALA".

Please grow up :rolleyes:

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> ok quit it guys, please :)

[/b][/quote]

Well,

I guess that's the message board equivalent of putting your hand on your ears and screaming "I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALA".

Please grow up :rolleyes:
[/b][/quote]

No it's the message board equivalent of walking away quitely and letting you waste your time entertaining yourself with your own sense of importance :toss:

Darhf I couldn't agree more with you :bravo: [/b]

Aggreement or disaggrement, I've got two kids under the age of six that give me the same kind of level of intelligence in their arguments equal to what Dahrf gives.

Aggreement or disaggrement, I've got two kids under the age of six that give me the same kind of level of intelligence in their arguments equal to what Dahrf gives.[/b]

You are entitled to your opinion and I respect it but I still think that his advice was good: use existing tools, focus on application functionality.

<div class='quotemain'>Aggreement or disaggrement, I've got two kids under the age of six that give me the same kind of level of intelligence in their arguments equal to what Dahrf gives.[/b]

You are entitled to your opinion and I respect it but I still think that his advice was good: use existing tools, focus on application functionality. [/b][/quote]

It's not his advice I was adverse to. It was his response to my ego when I didn't want to take his advice and do it the way I wanted to. Then he goes on to patronise me.

He is welcome to start his own project and have it up and running if he wants to and we can see who gets there first.

There are no finished existing tools. There is an editor by woosah that is work in progress. I am totally thinking about application functionality which is why a new editor is being developed rather than constant patching of an old. I fail to see what is so hard or requires the help of the google team in editing stats of players and team arrangement in a nice graphical way that makes it quick and easy to work with. Instead of the database being in a local file the database is on a server that can be accessed by more than one user.

It's not a free for all idea where xxx hundred people can all get involved and cause a giant mess. Just a simple way to download a new roster file without having to export and import all over the place.

It's not his advice I was adverse to. It was his response to my ego when I didn't want to take his advice and do it the way I wanted to. Then he goes on to patronise me.

He is welcome to start his own project and have it up and running if he wants to and we can see who gets there first.

There are no finished existing tools.[/b]

OK, I don't want to argue about this.

OK. I read through the entire thread again as I got to the point where i stopped reading Darhfs post so i wouldn't get involved in ***-for-tat arguments.

I'll concede that I may have over read into some things but not without justification. That line about "non-existentent aggression of my ego" really bugged me :p And from there on it was apparent that whatever I was going to say was then going to be construed as defensive only further justifying that remark.

I get your point on the google documents thing but i don't see the online server part as that much extra work that it shouldn't be an integral part of the editor. There's a new and improved editor on route (with or without the online connection) so people can either like that or lump it cos I am doing it anyway.

So let's just make peace at that,.

OK. I read through the entire thread again as I got to the point where i stopped reading Darhfs post so i wouldn't get involved in ***-for-tat arguments.

I'll concede that I may have over read into some things but not without justification. That line about "non-existentent aggression of my ego" really bugged me :p And from there on it was apparent that whatever I was going to say was then going to be construed as defensive only further justifying that remark.

I get your point on the google documents thing but i don't see the online server part as that much extra work that it shouldn't be an integral part of the editor. There's a new and improved editor on route (with or without the online connection) so people can either like that or lump it cos I am doing it anyway.

So let's just make peace at that,.
[/b]

Great; Peace accepted.

Can't wait to see your editor, it looks very promising :)

Latest posts