• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Challenge Cup 15/16 - Round 1

Sale Team: 15. Tim Jeffers, 14. Tom Brady, 13. Mark Jennings, 12. Sam Bedlow, 11. Charlie Ingall, 10. Nick Macleod, 9. James Mitchell, 1. James Flynn, 2. Neil Briggs, 3. Brian Mujati, 4. Jonathan Mills (c), 5. Andrei Ostrikov, 6. Magnus Lund, 7. Andrew Hughes, 8. Viliami Fihaki

Replacements: 16. Cameron Neild, 17. Jake Pope, 18. Ross Harrison, 19. George Nott, 20. Josh Beaumont, 21. Joe Ford, 22. John O'Donnell, 23. Nev Edwards

It's..erm...interesting!
No 9 replacement and Harrison having to cover tighthead is a worry!

Excited to see how some of the youngsters go - there's a buzz around Jeffers, Flynn, Hughes, Nott and Bedlow. Hopefully they can step up to the plate like others have in the past couple of seasons.
Ingall and Fihaki have impressed in the limited time they've had so looking forward to seeing them get a start.

I did expect more first teamers, though. Considering how much they've said we're going to make a real go of it this looks more like an LV= cup side.

Last edited:
Ensei are playing Connacht now in -18c

Anyway today were playing Agen today with quite a strong side I see there bottom of the top 14 but are they any good French fans we need a win

Last edited:
Connacht ran that one out 31-14. Bonus point win in the most unpleasant conditions imaginable with a partially second string side is a good result.

Do I work it in or just leave it on?

I think Billy will be better than Fraddie - much more well rounded.

Oh dear I'm sorry just a bit over excited that we won and forgot the moment. Also Agen sang the national anthem in the minutes silence so huge respect to them.

On Lewington he's played pretty well but having Maitland at 15 at fullback will make him even better

I'm disappointed with Toulouse's defeat. I had expected at least a losing bp.
I didn't see the match so can't comment on how well (or badly) they played.
The return leg in January now becomes even more important.
Next week we are at home to Oyonnax who are struggling in the Top14 so a winning bp is imperative.

Having looked at the team selected to play for Sale and then the result, can I take it, Olyy, that Sale are taking this competition as seriously as most of the French teams usually do?

Latest posts