• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Challenge Cup 2007

W

wigan_rlfc

Fifth Round Results (the round the Superleague teams enter)

Sunday, 01 April 2007
Carnegie Challenge Cup
Dewsbury 28-46 Sheffield
Huddersfield 74-4 York
Hull 78-0 Hunslet
Keighley 16-26 Oldham
London Skolars 4-52 Wakefield
Rochdale 20-16 Celtic Crusaders
Swinton 14-47 Barrow
Whitehaven 36-8 Halifax
Widnes 24-34 Wigan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, 31 March 2007
Carnegie Challenge Cup
Catalans Dragons 70-12 Featherstone
Pia 8-64 Harlequins RL
Warrington 38-10 Hull KR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, 30 March 2007
Carnegie Challenge Cup
Bradford 24-16 Castleford
Leeds 72-10 Workington
Salford 64-4 Gateshead
St Helens 78-14 Batley

Jesus.H.CHRIST!!!! There are some huge scores up there! 5 scores in the 70's, a couple in the 60's and a 50 aswell!!! Wots the go?

****I've just come back to the thread and realised that there are teams that aren't in Super Dooper League...thats why there are such big score - SL teams vs teams theat aren't in SL!

So does it work the same in soccer(football) where a team that is going **** in SL, gets relegated to the lesser competition and the best team or one of the better teams gets promoted into the top grade???

So does it work the same in soccer(football) where a team that is going **** in SL, gets relegated to the lesser competition and the best team or one of the better teams gets promoted into the top grade???
[/b]

Yes

lol you didn't know relegation existed...anyway always fun to see the minnows against the giants - unless you're an underdog supporter that is - nothing wrong with a try fest here and there tis the magic of the Challenge Cup.

lol you didn't know relegation existed...anyway always fun to see the minnows against the giants - unless you're an underdog supporter that is - nothing wrong with a try fest here and there tis the magic of the Challenge Cup. [/b]

No, I was quite aware that relegation existed. Read my post properly and you'll know that.

I just wasn't sure about relegation in the Super Dooper League.

i was of course specifically referring to SL relegation - that's why teams like Leigh, Castleford, etc etc etc have mysteriously disappeared over the years

And the draw for the next round:

Whitehaven v Catalan Dragons
Warrington v Barrow
Leeds v Wigan
Hull FC v Sheffield
Salford v Huddersfield
St Helens v Rochdale
Oldham v Harlequins
Wakefield v Bradford

Matches to be played weekend of 11-13 May

Leeds 18 - Wigan 22

God that was edge of the seat stuff towards the eng. My heart was pounding.

I will give a full set of 5th round results when the rest of the games are played tomorrow.

Well the wakefield vs bradford game was nothing short of glamorous. Ahem...

I'm not sure whether the weather ruined anything or not.
Yeah there were a few handling errors, but all in all there was no creativity to the game.
Exactly as it was summed up at the end of the game, "Ugly".

I'm just hoping hte Wigan vs Leeds match from yesterday wasn't as bad as that or I may not even bother watching it.

The pleasure of humiliating them at Wembley in the first final back there would be all mine....