• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Chamipionship semi finals

Leeds are an absolute joy to watch.

Very excited about Will Spencer getting more game-time for Bath next season.

Am enjoying this but Leeds have missed too many kicks for comfort..........

Wow, Welsh has really stepped up this last 5!

Terrible missed tackle from the Leeds #15 for the first of the two quick tries - he should fit in well at Gloucester next season :lol:

Getting tighter than.....................leave it at that Tony!

Guess that Welsh deserve that as they were higher in the league but gutted.........................!

Yeah, I wanted Leeds (or Roth) to get through.
Mad decision to go for the DG so far out - no way he was hitting it over from 50m (or catching the ball, apparently).
Well done to Welsh though.

Gutted for Leeds - would have been a far better addition to the premiership than yet another roaming London satellite club.

Gutted for Leeds - would have been a far better addition to the premiership than yet another roaming London satellite club.

They are not there yet.......Bristol will have a say in that!!

Problem with Leeds is the lack of support being in the RL heartlands..............I have been there many times and we spectators introduced ourselves to each other..................!!!

I know... I expect Bristol to dispatch them relatively easily.

The fact it's even possible for them to come back up ****** me off somewhat.

I'd prefer Welsh to come up, I think.

Welsh built in the lower leagues for ages, got promoted with some controversy over ground etc., actually played pretty well in the premiership (better than Falcons and Warriors this season by a long shot), relegated and lost a lot of their bigger names, but have built back up to here.
Bristol went down, rebuilt...nothing, built....nothing, built....nothing, and now they're trying to buy success.

Why is us having money suddenly an issue for people. Bit lame to pen us as bad guys just because we have the means to look to get promoted and compete in the Premiership, a place a club like us belong. We have a loyal fan base (averaging at least 4000 more per home game than Welsh, a club whose fans wont travel the hour to Oxford just because they went down).

Why is us having money suddenly an issue for people. Bit lame to pen us as bad guys just because we have the means to look to get promoted and compete in the Premiership, a place a club like us belong. We have a loyal fan base (averaging at least 4000 more per home game than Welsh, a club whose fans wont travel the hour to Oxford just because they went down).

Just say Sale=Kennedy=Sale=Money!!!

Just say Sale=Kennedy=Sale=Money!!!
Blackhurst and Kennedy actually :rolleyes:
Kennedy came in to back the club from going bankrupt at the start of professionalism as we had to move away from Heywood Road to stay in the prem.

and we did well enough before he came along. All but two (or three?) clubs in the premiership have backers, but it's different when you buy promotion. There was a lot of negativity about Jersey coming in to the RFU Championship (and yes, from Bristol fans too) because they'd essentially bought their promotion, this is no different.

Last edited:
So it is ok to have backers to stay in the top league but not to get into it? Strange..............

Last edited:
Have they though? I mean I'm not 100% up to speed with things but I've got the impression that the majority of their money has been spent on money for next season. Robinson and Jones aside, who else did they bring in for big money that will have significantly helped them out?

The reality is that English club rugby needs more clubs with large financial backers if they're going to compete with the French. If Bristol have the financial clout to be in a position where they're challenging Saints, Sarries and Tigers then more power to them.

So it is ok to have backers to stay in the top league but not to get into it? Strange..............
This is something that happened 15yrs ago compared to this year.
Bristol had income from elsewhere before, they've just found themselves a new(/extra?) sugar daddy more recently (or the previous one decided to spaff all his cash away now?).
It's like the toulon situation, where they were a pro club before and then a rich guy comes in to play with them.

This is something that happened 15yrs ago compared to this year.
Bristol had income from elsewhere before, they've just found themselves a new(/extra?) sugar daddy more recently (or the previous one decided to spaff all his cash away now?).
It's like the toulon situation, where they were a pro club before and then a rich guy comes in to play with them.

People in glass houses.................you wind yourself up in contradictions!!! It is good for the game.......it was good for Sale, It is good for Toulon and it is good for Bristol......

Latest posts