• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Chamipionship semi finals

People in glass houses.................you wind yourself up in contradictions!!! It is good for the game.......it was good for Sale, It is good for Toulon and it is good for Bristol......
It was good for Bristol at the time too, as well as the vast majority of other sides.....15 years ago. Times are very different now.

Wplayoffs built in the lower leagues for ages, got promoted with some controversy over ground etc., actually played pretty well in the premiership (better than Falcons and Warriors this season by a long shot), relegated and lost a lot of their bigger names, but have built back up to here.
Bristol went down, rebuilt...nothing, built....nothing, built....nothing, and now they're trying to buy success.
Absolute rubbish.

Bristol finished third in the then GP after promotion, more than Sale have achieved in that period. Bristol have twice finished top of the Championship , and twice failed in the playoffs including the season LW were promoted after they finished fourth. LW weren't the best team that year, just the most successful in the playoffs. Now Bristol have finished top for the third time, been the most consistent side again (thus most suited for the AP) and set records for attendance in the championship league structure. Bristol have been building for years, just like many of the other Championship clubs

For a Sale fan to begrudge Bristol success because they have a backer is most hypocritical. It's not as if Sale is a profitable business and doesn't need external investment to operate, or "buy success" as you put it splashing the cash around like there's no tomorrow signing the likes of Cipriani. Last season you were in the relegation battle so a little humility wouldn't go amiss. By your standard surely you bought success this season by signing better players than the last to avoid said battle again. Also of interest to you, when LW were promoted they actually had a larger playing budget than Bristol as reported around the time yet average attendances of 4000 lower than them. How do you think a club like LW operates if not also from wealthy backers?

Take them chips off your shoulders.

Last edited:
well for what it's worth i'd like Bristol to be Premiership, the Bath Bristol Rivalry was always fantatsic,a nd they've produced some quality players over the years - Simon shaw, Josh Lewsey, Paul Hull, Sturart Barnes etc....

well for what it's worth i'd like Bristol to be Premiership, the Bath Bristol Rivalry was always fantatsic,a nd they've produced some quality players over the years - Simon shaw, Josh Lewsey, Paul Hull, Sturart Barnes etc....

Watch your language

More ex Bristol; Andrew Sheridan, Olly Kohn, Mako Vunipola... I think things may have been very different had they had a backer like now and retained their players instead of seeing them poached by wealthier clubs in the Prem.

More ex Bristol; Andrew Sheridan, Olly Kohn, Mako Vunipola... I think things may have been very different had they had a backer like now and retained their players instead of seeing them poached by wealthier clubs in the Prem.

I can understand people moving, vunipola and co would never have played international if stating at bristol.

that might change now.

I can understand people moving, vunipola and co would never have played international if stating at bristol.

that might change now.

Exactly, as good as Mako was for us it was in his best career interests to move and nobody blames him for it, especially since hes now becoming an England regular and impressed on the Lions tour.

Of our current squad I see potential internationals in Ben Mosses, Mitch Eadie for Scotland, The Slowik brothers (mainly through the law of averages of the number of countries theyre eligible for)

Exactly, as good as Mako was for us it was in his best career interests to move and nobody blames him for it, especially since hes now becoming an England regular and impressed on the Lions tour.

Of our current squad I see potential internationals in Ben Mosses, Mitch Eadie for Scotland, The Slowik brothers (mainly through the law of averages of the number of countries theyre eligible for)

Braley already gone or not good enough? Also, what about Jack Wallace? Remember there being a lot of fuss about him...

Anyway, I'm hoping Briz finally make it.

Braley already gone or not good enough? Also, what about Jack Wallace? Remember there being a lot of fuss about him...

Anyway, I'm hoping Briz finally make it.

Braley's issue is he'd not getting game time. In current squad and in next years he'll be 3rd string behind Tipuna and Baldwin and next year behind Peel and Baldwin. That said he's still young and he's a local lad so it might come down to how much he can learn from the more experienced guys over the next year or so.

Wallace missed early part of season after an injury, now he's playing he has done well, has a good step on him and can kick well. Dunno how far he will go, might depend on staying fit but could get into a Saxons squad in a season or two

Absolute rubbish.

Bristol finished third in the then GP after promotion, more than Sale have achieved in that period. Bristol have twice finished top of the Championship , and twice failed in the playoffs including the season LW were promoted after they finished fourth. LW weren't the best team that year, just the most successful in the playoffs. Now Bristol have finished top for the third time, been the most consistent side again (thus most suited for the AP) and set records for attendance in the championship league structure. Bristol have been building for years, just like many of the other Championship clubs

For a Sale fan to begrudge Bristol success because they have a backer is most hypocritical. It's not as if Sale is a profitable business and doesn't need external investment to operate, or "buy success" as you put it splashing the cash around like there's no tomorrow signing the likes of Cipriani. Last season you were in the relegation battle so a little humility wouldn't go amiss. By your standard surely you bought success this season by signing better players than the last to avoid said battle again. Also of interest to you, when LW were promoted they actually had a larger playing budget than Bristol as reported around the time yet average attendances of 4000 lower than them. How do you think a club like LW operates if not also from wealthy backers?

Take them chips off your shoulders.

.......and eat em with your fish!!!

Latest posts