• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 19/20: Semi-Finals

I would've liked another look at the kick too - looked flat at best in real time

I have a lot of time for Zebo
Horses for courses, I think he's one of the least likeable characters in the sport ha
**** on the pitch, and judging by his social media one off it too

I would've liked another look at the kick too - looked flat at best in real time

Horses for courses, I think he's one of the least likeable characters in the sport ha
I don't think anyone who's met him has a bad word to say about him. Doesn't take himself too seriously, but he definitely made a knob of himself about the fact he wasn't picked for Ireland after he moved to France for instance and I have very mixed feelings about his level of play.
I definitely think he's a better person than a certain Sarries talisman.

Already the Exeter game is much better than the first semi-final

Liked in Paris and Munster... Easily the least likeable places in both countries!

Nerves definitely getting the better of Exeter so far.
Seem to be struggling with the size of the pack,
They've got to set narrower/commit more to the tackle which then leaves more room for the flair in the backs

Seem to be struggling with the size of the pack,
They've got to set narrower/commit more to the tackle which then leaves more room for the flair in the backs
Definitely. Hoping that the bigger pack will tire out playing at this pace. Otherwise we could be in serious trouble.

Wouldn't surprise me to see SHC on early to up the tempo a bit

Early on it really looked like Toulouse were gonna pull away in this, but Exeter looking really good

That was a very stupid pointless kick by Exeter. Brilliant Tolouse breakout almost cost them a try.

Chiefs really fronted up massivly and the back 3 did well to contain Kolbe.

Chiefs doing the double in the year that Saracens get relegated might just cause Tony Rowe to jizz himself inside out

So i havnt really seen much at all of Racing, what are the match ups like and who will be the favourites? I know they have alot of big names but what about style of play?

The final is on my wifes birthday ffs! She is adamant we have plans that cant be changed...

So i havnt really seen much at all of Racing, what are the match ups like and who will be the favourites? I know they have alot of big names but what about style of play?

The final is on my wifes birthday ffs! She is adamant we have plans that cant be changed...
Chiefs are four point favourites which surprised me, Racing won't be bullied, will stick in games better than Toulouse and have some serious finishers. I'd describe them as a less effective version of peak Sarries.

They'd be my pick with the difference being their experience from previous near misses.

Racing have a lot of good players but it depends how well they gel as a side

Despite beating Saracens I don't think they look particularly unstoppable. Exeter surprised me with how they handled Toulouse.

I think the several month break and then earlier start has set the English sides (/Exeter) in good stead. Bit of a break to rest the bodies and then a good amount of games to get back into the swing of things.

IMO Toulouse are a bigger test than Racing, but you can never write a side containing the likes of Russell/Vakatawa/Thomas off

Racing have a lot of good players but it depends how well they gel as a side

Despite beating Saracens I don't think they look particularly unstoppable. Exeter surprised me with how they handled Toulouse.

I think the several month break and then earlier start has set the English sides (/Exeter) in good stead. Bit of a break to rest the bodies and then a good amount of games to get back into the swing of things.

IMO Toulouse are a bigger test than Racing, but you can never write a side containing the likes of Russell/Vakatawa/Thomas off
Chiefs delt with Toulouse how i expected them to and how they deal with most teams. Carry hard and again and again out the back make some ground and repeat. Or just front up and defend and defend till they make a mistake....they will tire before us mentality.

On another note i do like that nowell likes a carry from 5m pick and go, he doesnt just stand on his wing and wait for the ball to not come.

Latest posts