First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Glasgow v Sale
La Rochelle v Exeter

Pretty open pool here, Exeter are probably the standout name but have struggled at this level. Glasgow don't have a pack good enough to make a proper impact but a quarter final is well within their capabilities. La Rochelle were decent in their first season in the competition, not as good last year but wouldn't put a cup run past them if they can get off to a good start at home this weekend. As for Sale, who knows, maybe they'll even win a game and make Munster's scouts go wild.

Last edited:
Glasgow v Sale
La Rochelle v Exeter

Pretty open pool here, Exeter are probably the standout name but have struggled at this level. Glasgow don't have a pack good enough to make a proper impact but a quarter final is well within their capabilities. La Rochelle were decent in their first season in the competition, not as good last year but wouldn't put a cup run past them if they can get off to a good start at home this weekend. As for Sale, who knows, maybe they'll even win a game and make Munster's scouts go wild.

Chiefs maybe favourites but on current form their not, not sure form of Glasgow or La Rochelle. Sale are an odd one with the 3 Du Peez brothers playing well but form up and down. The 2 English clubs could really go either way in this.

Chiefs have the squad to do well but who knows whats going to happen.

We've got a few injuries/unavailabilities to contend with as well

Like these lads are all injured but not sure of the severity/who's available (i.e. Beaumont is deffo out, Harrison got KOd in the last game so probably out, Solomona pulled a hamstring a few weeks ago so probably back?):
Harrison, John, Beaumont, Sam James, Ashton, Solomona

Unavailable due to RWC stand down:
Curry, Wilson (maybe?), Faf, Lood (also injured)

It's arguable that all 10 of those players would be in our first choice 23.

If non of the above available then I think:
Morozov, Webber, JCW
Evans, Philips
Ross, B. Curry, D. duPreez
Papier, AJ
McGuigan, Rohan, L.James, Yarde
Hammersley

Akker, Rodd, Oosthuizen, JL dP, Neild, Cliff, RdP, Redpath

Though I'm hoping John is fit, cause our scrum was super shaky with Oosthuizen at 3 (he's a 1 really), and I think one of Ashton/Solomona will probably be fit. Maybe even Wilson on the bench for Neild (or maybe Postlethwaite, depending how they feel about Jean-Luc in the donkey row)

16.11.19_Glasgow_Away_HCC_TeamNews_Insta.jpg

Didn't even consider that Rohan might miss out - damn you Odogwu!

Edit: Turns out Rohan doesn't play on plastic pitches due to his previous injuries - damn you fake rugby stadiums!

Last edited:
Sale are going to be a tough side this year once everyone is back. Think that Glasgow have found the perfect time to play them.

Interesting to see if Exeter **** the bed in Europe again or if they have found a formula to compete on two fronts now, they have not had the best start to the season though.

Losing BP is more than we deserve considering how utterly terrible we were

La Rochelle have gone backwards under their new management. They've lost the fluency they had in their backs play under Xavier Garbajosa. They should never have let Xavier go to Montpellier and offer him the head coach job. He is the one who transformed La Rochelle. Gibbes and OGara are undoing it all..

Damn as much as I want to hate them for poaching our player I need to support them now unfortunately because they basically poached my favourite Sharks players. And then they are our namesake rugby team and then also seeing The Curry twins playing with the du Preez twins might make me think it's probably one of the strongest packs in the comp. I wanted to watch the Sale Sharks game yesterday but Supersport does not air it.

How did Dan and Jean Luc do? Are they up to form yet? Doing the offloads and mad double tackles yet? Where can I watch full replays of champions cup games?

Damn as much as I want to hate them for poaching our player I need to support them now unfortunately because they basically poached my favourite Sharks players. And then they are our namesake rugby team and then also seeing The Curry twins playing with the du Preez twins might make me think it's probably one of the strongest packs in the comp. I wanted to watch the Sale Sharks game yesterday but Supersport does not air it.

How did Dan and Jean Luc do? Are they up to form yet? Doing the offloads and mad double tackles yet? Where can I watch full replays of champions cup games?

I didn't see the Sale game this week, but they've made a huge impact in the opening weeks of the Premiership. Dan's been better than Jean Luc, but both have been very good.

Great start by chiefs, and epic intercept by slade.

Terrific all round team performance . It'll be good to get another win next week and not have to try to play catch-up, as is usual in Europe.
Wasn't much of a fan of O'Flaherty 12 months ago, but hes starting to impress me more and more. Shows the depth of the squad looking at the bench and all those not in 23 .
Dollman, Devoto, Hill, Woodburn, Townsend,Kvesic, Witty ,Holmes, Francis, Skinner all missing.

Latest posts