• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 2019/2020: Pool 4

Vakatawa is class in everything he does. To think he was left out of the last 6N for players like Doumeyrou and Bastareaud. And he made the WC only as a last minute replacement...

Teddy Thomas is another glaring omission. How did he not make Japan.

Saracens not taking europe seriously this season? Rested most of their team it seems.

-22pts in the league as of tomorrow, so it's not surprising.
Rest all their England players and focus on the prem

Does that make this seasons champions cup slightly tainted if the current holders are not really competing due to factors which are completely external and not relevant to the comp?

Does that make this seasons champions cup slightly tainted if the current holders are not really competing due to factors which are completely external and not relevant to the comp?
I think our wins are probably more tainted.

Yeah it's tough to **** on Sarries in Europe. I strongly dislike them as a club, but numerous French sides have proved it's not as simple as investing huge sums in the squad. They bring talent through and identify the right players to sign and foster what looks like a very well gelled team that like each other on a personal level too.
I do think they wouldn't have been able to assemble and hold that squad of top English internationals had they had an even playing field in relation to other English teams at the same time though. I'm happy they were punished in England, but you do have to admire how well the club is set up for success.
What do people reckon they'll do for the rest of the games? There's an argument that they will target the rest of the games on the basis Paris away is their toughest match, but then again to not even get within an arsed roar of a point....

Yeah it's tough to **** on Sarries in Europe. I strongly dislike them as a club, but numerous French sides have proved it's not as simple as investing huge sums in the squad. They bring talent through and identify the right players to sign and foster what looks like a very well gelled team that like each other on a personal level too.
I do think they wouldn't have been able to assemble and hold that squad of top English internationals had they had an even playing field in relation to other English teams at the same time though. I'm happy they were punished in England, but you do have to admire how well the club is set up for success.
What do people reckon they'll do for the rest of the games? There's an argument that they will target the rest of the games on the basis Paris away is their toughest match, but then again to not even get within an arsed roar of a point....
I'd say they'll run with what they have for the time being before seeing where it leaves then and potentially reassessing then. The team they had out last week would probably comfortably deal with the Ospreys.

Oh contraire, previous years editions were tainted due to the exclusion of the Italians (just like the RWC). This year its for real a European Championa Cup!

0_Ospreys-v-Southern-Kings.jpg

Telling my kids these were the All Blacks.

I don't like Finn but once he's not opposite Johnny Sexton he's lovely to watch and genuine class.

Why don't you like him? He's a nice bloke on and off the park, not arrogant and yes he is maverick and can have the odd wayward game but that's what you get with him. Is it because he's not Finn O'Russell (Leinster & Ireland)?

At Racing Finn is able to showcase what he can do behind an excellent pack. Something he's not able to do at international level unfortunately.

Why don't you like him? He's a nice bloke on and off the park, not arrogant and yes he is maverick and can have the odd wayward game but that's what you get with him. Is it because he's not Finn O'Russell (Leinster & Ireland)?

At Racing Finn is able to showcase what he can do behind an excellent pack. Something he's not able to do at international level unfortunately.
He's best mates with Zebo. If ever there was a sign of bad character.

Latest posts