• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions League 2007/08

Liverpool 0 - 1 Marseille

Awesome, this is the first french club to succeed to win at anfeild !! Well done !
[/b]

:bravo: Marseille :bravo:
And GO Barcelona this year the champions league is for you

I think that this year Barcellona will win the champions league... inter and mlan warning......ronaldinho, messi and henry are 3 of the goodest players in the world..

I think that this year Barcellona will win the champions league... inter and mlan warning......ronaldinho, messi and henry are 3 of the goodest players in the world..
[/b]
Greatest, goodest isn't a word :) And yes, if they all combine together perfectly Barca will be unbeatable...

I don't think you can look past AC Milan winning the Champions League, in Kaka you have an icredibly talaneted individual who is not a primadonna. Although Barca may have better individuals in their side, I don't think they will combine as well as AC will

how do teams qualify for the champions league?

and are there teams from premier leagues?

how do teams qualify for the champions league?

and are there teams from premier leagues?
[/b]
It depends on how they finish in thier leagues, In the EPL the first two teams automatically qualify while 3rd and 4th go into Champions League qualifying matches before they can get into the group stages...

Champions league is back!

Rangers against Barcelona in Glasgow, thats a match I won`t miss.

well Barca may be unbeatable - but so are Rangers! :D

0-0 - not the most entertaining game ive ever seen, but considering some said we wouldnt get a point in this group to have 7 after 3 games is just incredible!

now, off to the Nou Camp - Easy! Easy! Easy! ;)

I really don't see what is so great about Barcelona at all, nor AC Milan, and don't have any reason to think that they have a particularly high chance of winning it this season. I'd be surprised if either of them do, actually. Having a few great players on a roster doesn't necessarily mean anything. Even though I'm slightly biased in favor of these two teams. ManUtd, although I'm biased against them, might have a good chance. A lot of it depends on who they end up playing in the knockout stages, where they are in the league, and what injuries they get.

The Rangers-Barca match was very exciting! I wanted Barca to win but IMO they didn't have much of a chance. Wouldn't have been surprised if Rangers got a late winner.

hope united do it, looks like Liverpool are going to struggle, Arsenal look good too. Winner will be from England or Italy I reckon, Madrid don't look too strong at the back and Barcas stars aren't quite clicking yet

I really don't see what is so great about Barcelona at all, nor AC Milan, and don't have any reason to think that they have a particularly high chance of winning it this season. I'd be surprised if either of them do, actually. Having a few great players on a roster doesn't necessarily mean anything. Even though I'm slightly biased in favor of these two teams. ManUtd, although I'm biased against them, might have a good chance. A lot of it depends on who they end up playing in the knockout stages, where they are in the league, and what injuries they get.

The Rangers-Barca match was very exciting! I wanted Barca to win but IMO they didn't have much of a chance. Wouldn't have been surprised if Rangers got a late winner.
[/b]

I agree with you. Barça plays very well but they use to win nothing important (only 2 Champions League). Playing good football doesn't mean you win. Arsenal is, for me, the best team in this first matches.

I think 2006 was certainly the best chance for Arsenal, they had a talismanic figure with Henry but now even though they're doing quite well, will that continue for the crunch games in the latter stages, I have my doubts.

I think 2006 was certainly the best chance for Arsenal, they had a talismanic figure with Henry but now even though they're doing quite well, will that continue for the crunch games in the latter stages, I have my doubts. [/b]

I wouldn't right them off so easily, especially in Europe. In the past the rest of the team shrunk away from the challenge and got fixated on Thierry.....if he was in one of his pouty moods or the refs weren't protecting him that it all went pear-shaped. They are a more rounded team now with more character and experience.

That said the true test of their mettle will be in January away from home when some team is getting in amongst them. That's traditionally when they go to pieces.

as for rangers - barca - Cousin should have score near the end, but thought he was offside so didnt take his time over the shot.

also, if bazza's leg was 2 inches longer then rangers would have been 1-0 up!

I hope we win it this year. The most successful team in the world and we've never won the CL.

Latest posts