Champions League Thread Part 2

Well.......that was fun

Rangers did well against Villareal 2-2 but there gonna struggle in the next leg

Ajax 2-2 Inter Milan
CHELSEA 1-2 Barcelona
RANGERS 2-2 Villarreal
Werder Bremen 3-2 Juventus

High scoring night after last night!

Yeah should be a pretty interesting second with all these ties, will be good to see them live as well.

Was Lampard booked tonight?

Don't think so. "phases" the offside rule is becoming a farce, judging by what was allowed to go on at Ibrox!

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Feb 22 2006, 10:19 PM
what happened?
Rangers cleared their lines but Forlan was stood offside... Riquelme made a break, touched the ball into the path of Forlan who put it in. You would need to see it to understand how ridiculous it was.

I'm kind of getting the idea but when Rangers are concerned my sympathies are never that high, :lol:

It does seem to be taking the **** alright, once they removed the non interference thing back in the 90s that seemed to sort the problem but now they're just going too far.

FIFA need to get round a table and sort it - the World Cup could be a farce otherwise, especially the smaller nations who will fall for it for sure.

not quite for Real, there may be big changes on the way this Summer but even the current squad can overcome a 1-0 defecit at Highbury

Messi: I'll Silence Mourinho's Mouth

Lionel Messi has vowed he wants to "silence the mouth of Mourinho" when Barcelona host Chelsea in their Champions League clash tomorrow.

The Argentinian teenager was the subject of vehement criticism by Blues boss Jose Mourinho who accused him of play-acting during the incident which saw Asier del Horno sent off during the first leg at Stamford Bridge.

However, the 18-year-old has hit back adding he had given Del Horno the run-around until the Chelsea player's challenge which earned him the red card.

Messi told the Daily Star: "I want to produce the biggest match of my life against Chelsea to silence the mouth of Mourinho and his players.

"They claim I am an actor. They are wrong. I am a professional footballer and I have received many kicks this season. The actors are for the cinema and not for sport.

"I do not want contact with Mourinho because he was deceptive with me through his behaviour. He should look at the bruises on my legs.

"Del Horno has also had a lot to say about me but so he should because he got nowhere near me on the pitch until he fouled me."

Messi's team-mate Deco has warned the Catalan side just to focus on their own game and not be provoked on and off the pitch by Mourinho who he claims has created a persona.

The Portuguese international told The Sun: "They will want us to fall into their traps on and off the pitch but we cannot afford that.

"Mourinho has created himself this 'football personality' which he changes into when he wants to heat up a game or provoke opponents.

"That's not what he is like as a man or a coach when you play for him. But he has his own way of preparing for big games like this.

"We won't get involved in such foolishness. Our strength will be in playing our own game and repeating the level of concentration we showed in London."

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/060306/4/hoam.html

Go on my son!!

The mind games continue....

I have a feeling Chelsea are gonna cop a football lesson tomorrow night :D

Chelsea are going to school in the Camp Neu.

Than Liverpool are going to get a 1-1 draw with Benfica. and go out.

And Arsenal will win against Real.

You heard it here first! :D

Barcelona will go through but people seem to be basing their predictions on a dislike of Chelsea and their money, I think it'll be a tough game for the Catalans and my prediction, useless as they are, is that Barcelona will win in extra time.

Latest posts