• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Chelsea fans knife rugby aces...

Abosloutely disgusting.

Reminds me of when Baths' squad gave David James a kicking outside a Dublin bar.

Lads this is a sick attack and well even though I don't like Ryan Lamb no player deserves that.

I just glad rugby has the better craic and come's out better for it.
Like in soccer England get a reputation of been good supporters but trouble yet in rugby they're know as great craic and not a bother.

But this carrying knifes rubbish has to be clamped down

Agreed Bullit regardless of what it is the actions should be dealt with severely

Typical chavs, all cowards who need weapons to hide behind. Lets hope Cameron cuts their benefits and they all either starve to death, stop breeding like rats, or get jobs and start being proper men.

typical scumbag mentality ..if you cant beat a guy fairly stoop to whatever level nessisary in order to look "hard" in front of his other delinquent mates

This is pretty terrible news...

I hope they're all charged and locked up for a while.

To be honest this doesn't surprise me. Rugby players, like it or not, have a reputation for being idiots when on a night out!! They just messed with the wrong people this time!!!

Many of the posts so far revel in the violence dished out initially by the rugby players but then change their tune when it gets too much for them!! Wake up and tune in FFS....if you get involved in a street fight don't expect Queensbury rules....

What i don't get is how so many on here think it's perfectly acceptable for a 15 stone rugby player to knock **** out of a far smaller guy yet it's not acceptable for said guy to lift a bottle to even the playing field!! ??

Having seen the lack of respect Rugby players out on the lash give other punters i cannot say i have any sympathy for the guys injured....

ps. The Sun story seems to be factually wide off the mark re. knives, what started it etc.......no surprise there then!!! lol.

The bar tender claims that the Rugby players weren't out for a fight. I agree with you in the sense that the initial violence wasn't something to celebrate, but if you pick a fight with a large group of rugby players, and you get delt to, don't come back with dangerous weapons. It's not like you can say "those poor harmless football thugs". They were, according to the bar tender, the ones out for a fight. Who goes looking for a fight while in fancy dress?

After reading other reports they all say that the football fans attacked the rugby players.
If this was the case, then yes, the football fans deserved the kicking they got. Don't want to get battered by a 16st rugby player? Don't pick a fight with a 16st rugby player, it's as easy as that.
To go back later and stab them with whatever it was is just cowardly, ridiculous, pathetic etc.etc.etc.

Seems that you've signed up specifically to defend the hooligans/badmouth rugby players

To be honest this doesn't surprise me. Rugby players, like it or not, have a reputation for being idiots when on a night out!! They just messed with the wrong people this time!!!

Many of the posts so far revel in the violence dished out initially by the rugby players but then change their tune when it gets too much for them!! Wake up and tune in FFS....if you get involved in a street fight don't expect Queensbury rules....

What i don't get is how so many on here think it's perfectly acceptable for a 15 stone rugby player to knock **** out of a far smaller guy yet it's not acceptable for said guy to lift a bottle to even the playing field!! ??

Having seen the lack of respect Rugby players out on the lash give other punters i cannot say i have any sympathy for the guys injured....

ps. The Sun story seems to be factually wide off the mark re. knives, what started it etc.......no surprise there then!!! lol.

nice defence of cowardice....seems like youd be the sort of guy that would do that too ...and soccer supporters have a far worse reputation than rugby players or supporters will ever have .

After reading other reports they all say that the football fans attacked the rugby players.
If this was the case, then yes, the football fans deserved the kicking they got. Don't want to get battered by a 16st rugby player? Don't pick a fight with a 16st rugby player, it's as easy as that.

If the rugby players really were minding their own business then fair enough, i see your point!!

To go back later and stab them with whatever it was is just cowardly, ridiculous, pathetic etc.etc.etc.

Agreed IF that's exactly how it happened.

Seems that you've signed up specifically to defend the hooligans/badmouth rugby players

Who me? ....Never..;)

If the rugby players really were minding their own business then fair enough, i see your point!!

Agreed IF that's exactly how it happened.

Who me? ....Never..;)

you are attempting to justify these scumbags who go out and use weapons to get one up on a bigger guy who batterd the **** out of him fair and square ...only scum could do that

you are attempting to justify these scumbags who go out and use weapons to get one up on a bigger guy who batterd the **** out of him fair and square .

I don't consider it "fair and square" if the bigger guy has a significant height or weight advantage!!

What does "fair and square" even mean?? Is it some retarded throw back to bygone days of men rolling their sleeves up and having a good clean punch up to solve their quarrels...lol.

Man on man is fair...does not matter about size at all its all about the size of the fight in the man

and its all about honour and who is the better man...not who is the cowardly **** who uses a weapon

Anyone who condones using a weapon when your opposition doesn't have one and you have the ability to walk away, is a gutless coward.

Wingnut was saying "IF" things are as they are reported. Well unless you were one of the people involved you can only comment on the facts reported. In that case, the football guys were cowards.

I don't believe football fans on an individual level are gutless or cowards. These ones (on the reported facts alone) were. Defence of that is pretty sick. I wonder how much you'd defend the gutless UK knife culture if it claimed someone you love.

Latest posts