• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Chiefs vs Toulon

Bugger. Would've been a great match if both teams were close to full strength.

While I wouldn't say I'm glad this match isn't taking place, it wouldn't have been a keenly fought contest. For the Chiefs, preparing for the Super Rugby season takes priority. For Toulon, the Top 14 is far more important than the proposed clash.

Instead of a one off game, I'd like to see another option explored. Could a tournament with, say, the four Heineken Cup semi finalists and the four Super Rugby semi finalists take the place of June/November tests one year? Straight knock out with the winner being declared World Champs. I'm sure TV companies and sponsors would get behind it with a large purse for the winner

yeh....really too bad. Was looking forward to this..
I know, especially since I'm French (!!!!), players already play too much as it is, but it would be really cool if we could have some of the best European clubs go up against some of the best SR teams in 3-match series every once in a while, test match style.
Saracens, Clermont, Leinster, Toulouse....against NZ/AUS/SA clubs...

It would have been so great at least an European Champion vs Super 15 champion match.

When, where, how...I don't know.

I like the idea too. But the Chiefs are a franchise and Toulon is a club. So actually it should be Waikato vs. Toulon...

that makes no sense at all.

Shame Chiefs vs. Toulon is not going ahead. I was looking forward to that

Latest posts