• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Chris Jacks coming to my school tomorrow

B

bobilycious

Yay. Chris Jack is coming to my school tomorow for a skill session. i cant wait.

Yes, Chris Jack is a second rower. He is also a professional and among the best second rowers in the world. He possesses high levels of skills in every department except maybe kicking which you don't teach kids at a skills day anyway.

Yay. It We asked him questions at first and then we did some skill thngs like draw and pass and some other thngs i didnt understand and then we had a big group photo.

Sounds good! So did you get the hang of draw and pass? It's probably the most important ball skill to possess whilst running and passing.

Yeah. Except I dont usually do that in a rugby game. Because Im in a low divison and my coach told me to just run it. Im quite good at breaking the line by fending peoples are so they dont get a hold of me.

Unless you are a flanker or in the back line there is never any reason for drawing and passing, unless of course the situation arises where the person outside or sometimes inside you is in a better position, so you draw and pass.

Ok. We never really passed the ball out very wide because our outside backs were awful. I play center or 2nd five because im not very big but Ive worked alot on my passing and have got better. I might pass the ball a bit more this season.

Unless you are a flanker or in the back line there is never any reason for drawing and passing[/b]

Yes there is.

If a prop had the ball and I was flying up on the overlap, I would expect him to be able to give the pass as well as anyone else.

Front five forwards don't simply have to be fat lumps rumbling around the pitch. Take a look at someone like Tom Smith - the guy has handling skills which would put many a number 8 to shame.

<div class='quotemain'>
Unless you are a flanker or in the back line there is never any reason for drawing and passing[/b]

Yes there is.

If a prop had the ball and I was flying up on the overlap, I would expect him to be able to give the pass as well as anyone else.

Front five forwards don't simply have to be fat lumps rumbling around the pitch. Take a look at someone like Tom Smith - the guy has handling skills which would put many a number 8 to shame. [/b][/quote]

If you had bothered to read the other 50% of the post you would have noticed i said "unless of course the situation arises where the person outside or sometimes inside you is in a better position, so you draw and pass"

Actually RaR, Chris Jack is a fantastic kicker. Anybody remember his mamoth touch finding punt in the bledisloe a while ago. He's a legend. A god damn ugly and barefoot legend.

Yes, Chris Jack is a second rower. He is also a professional and among the best second rowers in the world. He possesses high levels of skills in every department except maybe kicking which you don't teach kids at a skills day anyway.
[/b]

I somehow recalled a lock doing a cross kick for Howlett to score in one of the try nations games... is that Ali Williams or Jack? I reckon it's Ali..

My bad ..::ERIC::.. and allblacksfreak, please forgive me! I totally forgot he was such a wonderful kicker. It escapes me how I have managed to miss all of his wonderfully weighted and strategically placed kicks over the years! :bleh!:

Latest posts