• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Christmas Lights - the big switch on!

S

St Helens RLFC

Go on then.... which luminaries (haha, geddit?) have got your town/city's festive season in swing? St Helens had the brilliant Andy Abraham (X-Factor runner up and one of the few singers I have time for), Willie Talau and Ade Gardner.

There.

Beat that!

Lisa Jones, South Wales Echo

"Thousands of little tots stayed up well past their bedtime to welcome their favourite television characters into town.

Stars from the BBC's CBeebies took centre stage to switch on Cardiff's Christmas lights last night.

The Tweenies, Postman Pat, Bob the Builder and Pc Plum, from Balamory, started the countdown to the city's festive season in a show at the civic centre.

They flipped the switch to transform the capital with a dazzling array of shimmering lights, after which the skies erupted in a volley of fireworks."

So Cardiff had no celebrities, just general folk dressed as cartoon characters...and a city full of brats!

Terrible. :wall:

But you know me, i was out there singing the Bob The Builder theme tune with all of my friends. :blink:

I think turning on Christmas lights before December 1 should be a criminal offence.

ditto, and having them up after new years 2 :)
[/b]
Traditionally lights coincide with the Tree which is technically left up till after epiphany (25 December to 06 Jan).
I'll be putting mine up the day after Thanksgiving.

Santa turned the lights on in Pontypridd. Much better than any celeb! :glare:

Ours in Yeovil got switched on by Russell Slade and a couple of Yeovil Town footballers, cos our town is cheap... and full of chavs

I just read that our Mayor will be flipping the switch this year, which seems retarded seeing as our Baseball team won the "world" series. I'm not a big baseball fan, but you'd just think getting one of those guys to do it would be a shoe-in.

...our Baseball team won the "world" series.
[/b]

THANK YOU!
Now that is something that's bugged me.
Are the Americans so adamant that they must be the best at everything in the world that even when it's just a bunch of teams from America playing a sport, the overall winner for that year ends up "world champions"???
Bizarre.

Who is your baseball team?

Firstly, I'm not a huge baseball person, but I do support the Boston Red Sox. However, I live in St. Louis, MO, Home of the "World" Champion St. Louis Cardinals.

The Red Sox won the world series not too long ago didn't they?
What, a year, maybe 2 years ago?

I only know this coz i watch 'Lost'.
I just hope Lost wasn't lying to me... :unsure:

Latest posts