• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Clarkson

I heard something on the news yesterday, not sure if its true and I haven't been able to track down any other reliable source

Apparently, Captain Slow has implied that he and Hamster will be unlikely to continue with the show without Clarkson. The report also said something to the effect that the BBC does not own the format of Top Gear, Clarkson, Hammond and may do, so they could switch to another broadcaster such as ITV.

Anyone else heard this?

BBC own the rights. And intend to make season n3 next year.

Not sure about Hammond/May they still have contracts for last 3 episodes and the BBC intend to make them so who knows.

Yes, there's a clip on the BBC website where May strongly implies they wouldn't continue (and describes the situation as a tragedy...), and various media reports have mentioned Clarkson owning the format.

I suppose the problem with other broadcasters would be the potential to annoy advertisers.

Clarkson doesn't own the format anymore he sold them to the BBC a couple years back.

ITV, Sky, and maybe even Netflix, will be climbing over themselves to sign Clarkson.

I, too, have heard that May and Hammond won't continue without Clarkson. If you can get those three together then it's almost a guaranteed success regardless of which channel it's on.

One thing for sure.... Nothing will be the same!

Top Gear format owned by the Beeb but they now no longer have the main character.

Clarkson should be able to count on the loyalty of his two mates but they individually have other roles with the Beeb and may put them first as

Clarkson will have to reinvent himself outside of the Top Gear format, which he sold with the producer for millions, and that may or may not involve his mates?

Wouldn't you be annoyed if you had top gear live tickets..

oh wait..

I agree Oly, and he will probably get more room to do whatever the hell he wants on other channels that aren't as PC as the BBC

Clarkson will have to reinvent himself outside of the Top Gear format, which he sold with the producer for millions, and that may or may not involve his mates?

Would be interesting to see how much of the format is "owned" by the BBC.
Can they stop three middle aged men farting around in sports cars trying to get from A to B?
Even if they removed the car review section of the show and just kept it as specials/challenges/tasks, the audience would be huge. The big specials are certainly the only Top Gear I watch these days.

Top Gear will now be replaced with Equal Gear, where an hour is spent talking about how Citroen 2CV's, although inferior in design, performance, reliability and manufacturing costs, should have the same price as a Ferrari, and how it's all the Tories fault that they don't.

Clarkson apparently called the fella he decked a "lazy Irish ****". No sympathy for the millionaire gowell. I like the show, and the dynamic he has with the other presenters, and he is funny, but he's a daft prick. I'd still watch whatever they do together later. People who signed that petition to keep him are wildly unrealistic. You can't keep your job after punching your boss in the face unprovoked.

Clarkson apparently called the fella he decked a "lazy Irish ****". No sympathy for the millionaire gowell. I like the show, and the dynamic he has with the other presenters, and he is funny, but he's a daft prick. I'd still watch whatever they do together later. People who signed that petition to keep him are wildly unrealistic. You can't keep your job after punching your boss in the face unprovoked.

Completely agree with all this.
When you read the report into what happened, that have been released, you can see how much of a **** he is.
Apparently the abuse of the producer wasn't just this one incident, Clarkson didn't just hit him once but physically attacked him for 30s (doesn't sound a lot but if you count 30s and imagine someone punching you for that long...). Clarkson also said he was gonna get this guy fired - apparently that's why he didn't report it (a lot of people were praising Clarkson for coming forward about it).

Yeah people may argue about the BBC about being the PC brigade. However this has nothing to do with it the statement praises the show and imagine other stations that rely on advertising would of not backed the show the way the BBC has over it's many controversies.

This however was out of line for anyone and had to be treated as such. If someone beats an employee they have to be fired end of arguement.

Completely agree with all this.
When you read the report into what happened, that have been released, you can see how much of a **** he is.
Apparently the abuse of the producer wasn't just this one incident, Clarkson didn't just hit him once but physically attacked him for 30s (doesn't sound a lot but if you count 30s and imagine someone punching you for that long...). Clarkson also said he was gonna get this guy fired - apparently that's why he didn't report it (a lot of people were praising Clarkson for coming forward about it).

A 30seconds 'physical assault' does not mean he spent 30 secs punching him. It means he 'layed hands' on him for 30 secs, which with the f*cking ambulance chasers, means holding onto a hand/collar maybe.
Loonie lefties at the BBC couldn't handle JC's non-PC/Left wing views, so have been trying to oust him for a while. No surprise they bought out his TG rights in 2012, was the only way they could ensure he could be removed from the Biased Broadcasting Company, without losing the brand.

Okay Rich Taff your boss walks into work tommorow and physically assaults you for 30 seconds unprovoked. Does he keep his job?

A 30seconds 'physical assault' does not mean he spent 30 secs punching him. It means he 'layed hands' on him for 30 secs, which with the f*cking ambulance chasers, means holding onto a hand/collar maybe.
Loonie lefties at the BBC couldn't handle JC's non-PC/Left wing views, so have been trying to oust him for a while. No surprise they bought out his TG rights in 2012, was the only way they could ensure he could be removed from the Biased Broadcasting Company, without losing the brand.
The guy was hospitalised... You can't hospitalise someone in the workplace and keep your job, I'd have criticised the beeb for keeping him.

Okay Rich Taff your boss walks into work tommorow and physically assaults you for 30 seconds. Does he keep his job?

Dependant on who is defining the 'physical assault'. Is it an ambulance chaser, someone looking for a reason to remove him, or someone with a modicum of common sense.

Maybe he just shook my hand for 30 seconds? Oh dear! Wrist sprain! Whiplash! Arrrrgh! I have to go on the sick for three years with stress, and injuries!