• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Clarkson

I should also state I'm a massive fan of Clarkson and have no issue about anything he's done previously.

The guy was hospitalised... You can't hospitalise someone in the workplace and keep your job, I'd have criticised the beeb for keeping him.

Tymon took himself to an A&E department. He was not 'hospitalised', but if you're a Guardianista, then I'll leave it at that.

A 30seconds 'physical assault' does not mean he spent 30 secs punching him. It means he 'layed hands' on him for 30 secs, which with the f*cking ambulance chasers, means holding onto a hand/collar maybe.
Loonie lefties at the BBC couldn't handle JC's non-PC/Left wing views, so have been trying to oust him for a while. No surprise they bought out his TG rights in 2012, was the only way they could ensure he could be removed from the Biased Broadcasting Company, without losing the brand.
Cheek of those leftist loonies having the gall to object to one of their employees punching his superior. Trying to oust him? He literally gave him no choice put to fire him, an extremely profitable earner for the BBC. Yeah one of the most famous Broadcasting companies in the world fired a guy worth millions to them because he didn't allign with their leftist views.
Christ wept.

Cheek of those leftist loonies having the gall to object to one of their employees punching his superior. Trying to oust him? He literally gave him no choice put to fire him, an extremely profitable earner for the BBC. Yeah one of the most famous Broadcasting companies in the world fired a guy worth millions to them because he didn't allign with their leftist views.
Christ wept.
Oh dear. I get the feeling Wikipedia is your news reel of choice.

- - - Updated - - -

I suggest you read the statement before commenting. Especially the point the main facts aren't disputed.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32054004

"A member of staff - who is a completely innocent party - took himself to Accident and Emergency after a physical altercation accompanied by sustained and prolonged verbal abuse of an extreme nature."

Which bit did I miss?

Um that Clarkson agrees he physically abused someone?

He punched a colleague in the face. How is it considered overly PC to be fired because of that? Walk into work tomorrow and punch someone in the face. See what happens.

Um that Clarkson agrees he physically abused someone?

Did you miss the part where I mentioned 'physical abuse' could be construed as grabbing someone's wrist/collar by the yuman rites/ambulance chasers etc?

- - - Updated - - -

He punched a colleague in the face. How is it considered overly PC to be fired because of that? Walk into work tomorrow and punch someone in the face. See what happens.

Where does it say he did that? In any report? Even the BBC's own site doesn't say it!

Is the problem with Clarkson's actions or the supposed fact he called him 'an Irish *****'?
Would it be different if he'd allegedly called him 'a Welsh ****' or I'd bet it'd be a lot different if he'd called him 'an English ****'?

Oh dear. I get the feeling Wikipedia is your news reel of choice.

- - - Updated - - -

"A member of staff - who is a completely innocent party - took himself to Accident and Emergency after a physical altercation accompanied by sustained and prolonged verbal abuse of an extreme nature."

Which bit did I miss?
Wikipedia? Point me to the part of Wikipedia that has anything to do with what I said. What the **** are you on about. He punched him in the face. That's a fact. Are you straight up denying that? That's a fireable offence in any situation.
Yeah "Irish ****" is an example of the verbal abuse that went along with punching him in the ****ing face.

Last edited:
He punched him in the face. That's a fact.
Yeah "Irish ****" is an example of the physical abuse that went along with punching him in the ****ing face.

Where is this 'fact' stated, and since when has calling someone something been 'physical abuse'?

Assault and battery added to harassment in the workplace, I'd also highly doubt Tymon went to A&E to get his shirt ironed. If the BBC didn't dismiss him they'd also be liable for damages themselves. I also would question why you're brining ambulance chasers into this when there is no civil case, or any legal proceedings for that matter, being brought forward.

Where is this 'fact' stated, and since when has calling someone something been 'physical abuse'?
Meant verbal abuse. It's a fact as stated by literally everyone present whose commented on it. I'd love to know why you think this is an acceptable thing for someone to do beyond some strange anti Clarkson BBC conspiracy.

Again, please point me towards the 'facts' that you've stated.

Going to sleep now anyway, will check in tomorrow and maybe see proof.

Just seen on the Beeb that Clarkson is being investigated by the Police for assault.

But, obviously, all he did was call the guy a mick or something....

Again, please point me towards the 'facts' that you've stated.

Going to sleep now anyway, will check in tomorrow and maybe see proof.
Well every eyewitness who was there, unlike you or I. That's good enough for me. I genuinely don't want to dislike the guy, but he's flown so far off the handle (over something so minor too), his position is indefensible.

I like Clarkson. He is a bit childish but nobody's perfect. At least he doesn't hide what he thinks, like 99% of people on TV do. Just this week we heard that Brian Moore was too edgy for ITV! Brian Moore!!

I don't see what saying "Irish" had to do with anything either. The producer was Irish so what's the problem.

A 30seconds 'physical assault' does not mean he spent 30 secs punching him. It means he 'layed hands' on him for 30 secs, which with the f*cking ambulance chasers, means holding onto a hand/collar maybe.
Loonie lefties at the BBC couldn't handle JC's non-PC/Left wing views, so have been trying to oust him for a while. No surprise they bought out his TG rights in 2012, was the only way they could ensure he could be removed from the Biased Broadcasting Company, without losing the brand.
The BBC have had more than enough opportunities to get rid of Clarkson if that's what they wanted to do.

Also, Top Gear is worth £67m to them. They are clearly not going to mess around with a format so lucrative to them. This has nothing to do with political views.

Where does it say he did that? In any report? Even the BBC's own site doesn't say it!

I googled it for you. I even picked out a right-wing source so that you can't blame it all on the lefties:

MacQuarrie, who is the director of BBC Scotland, interviewed a number of witnesses and concluded that producer Oisin Tymon was subjected to an "unprovoked physical and verbal attack by Jeremy Clarkson".

"During the physical attack Oisin Tymon was struck, resulting in swelling and bleeding to his lip. The verbal abuse was sustained over a longer period, both at the time of the physical attack and subsequently."
(http://www.thejournal.ie/clarkson-fired-bbc-punch-producer-2012568-Mar2015/)

The corporation's two-week investigation into the incident found:

Jeremy Clarkson punched Oisin Tymon in the the mouth in 30-second attack before he was dragged way by a bystander. Oisin Tymon did not hit him

Star then spent 20 minutes using 'prolonged verbal abuse of an extreme nature directed at Mr Tymon. The star said he would have him sacked. The abuse was so loud it was heard throughout the hotel, including in its bedrooms.
(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-did-attack-producer-steak-dinner-fracas.html)

Last edited:
Well, there are the (still alleged) facts then. Thanks, I couldn't find that anywhere. (had been working all day, and couldn't get a hot meal, so wasn't at peak performance)

I was referring to the ambulance chasers as it's that 'brand' of lawyers who argue that trivial things are assaults, for compensation. Eg. A teacher breaks up a fight, or someone grabs someone elses arm.

Incidentally, I've now heard the new cast of TG will be all female, with only women allowed to attend (for equality of course).

Don't be surprised if there is at least one female presenter not for any reason of equality but just to shake things up a bit. Plus top gear has been trying to shake the male only viewpoint for years I actually believe a stat put up by the BBC says 40% of the viewership is female. However for many years if you got tickets to watch filming you had to take an equal mix of genders (before BBC ownership so who knows). As long as the people replacing them keep TG close to what it's become but still make it feel refresh I have no issue what race/age/gender the people making it are. They've managed to sell it in other markets with different presenters so it's not like it's complete undoable.

I think by all account Clarkson knew he was done for, OT did not report him to the BBC Clarkson did (probably to pre-empt a member of the public doing so) that suggest he knew he messed up as if he didn't think anything wrong he'd have left it. His other major problem is the unprovoked element (which according to the BBC he agrees on) I think had he been goaded by OT in some way he'd probably have kept his job.

The bit that surprises me the most is while Clarkson has a reputation for being an un-PC oaf (nothing wrong with that) he doesn't really have one for being much a bully and certainly this episode feels completely out of character. what I'd like to know if he wasn't goaded what did send of the edge that day.

I doubt the other two will stay without Clarkson, (James May has already intimated that he will be out) so I'm afraid no matter what happens, for all intents and purposes, Top Gear is probably goneburger. As has been amply demonstrated by the utter and uninspiring failure that is Top Gear USA, its the chemistry between Clarkson, May and Hammond that makes the format work.