• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cockrell on the field

R

RC

Im sitting here watching the scotland vs france 1990 classic on ESPN and as i saw scotland making a break down the field i saw that bloody french cockrell running about nearly getting stepped on.
It just occured to me that i havent seen that thing in years.
Have the french been banned from bringing them to their games now? If so when was this put into place.

Bullitt posted videos of a dyed cockrell on the pitch at the NZ match during the anthems, with some warden chasing it around the place, in the 6Nations BBC promo thread

I think it has never really been allowed to introduce cockerels in stadia but security screening is much tougher nowadays than ten years ago. When possible the French fans will always try to get their national emblem running on the fields.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 6 2010, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
wouldn't be surprised if bird flu put a stop to it all.[/b]

I remember British police warning French people to not try to bring their cockerel with them when going to UK to attend a Rugby match. This does not prevent them to buy one over there though.

LOL.
I always thought it was officially brought in as a mascot.
It didnt occur to me that it was fans that brought it in.

I'd love the announcer to say over the sound system
"Would the France fans PLEASE stop getting their cocks out, their distracting the players"

Latest posts