• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

COD 4 Xbox 360

T

TheDell

Single player campaign too short. Normal difficulty seemed too easy (will try veteran next).

Loved the graphics are the variation in gameplay. Haven't gone online with it yet.

What did you all think?

Haven't got this yet, mainly due to the fact that i recently purchased Halo 3, The Orange Box & Skate. I got Mass Effect & Assassins Creed on pre order, so I haven't got alot of money left.

Hopefully, someone in my family will get this for me for Xmas.
---------------
Has the game improved over the past three? or is the game in the slightly disappointing COD3 category?

Quite simply the most fun and varied first person shooter I've played since Riddick.

Lets not mention COD 3 ever again. It never happened, OK?

BEST ONLINE GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED

SMASHES HALO â€" I HAVENT RETURNED HALO, RAINBOW, GEARS, IN THE WAKE OF THIS GAME

Single player I like, it is short, but really that means nothing once you get online.

I have started on Veteran now, its a lot harder.

But online â€" OMFG

I cant put it down………I have racked up 22 hrs online already.

The AC GUNSHIP level is hair raising stuff

The sniper levels are the greatest sniping levels in the history of sniping in video games

The multiplayer maps are massive, and there’s like 20

The multiplayer modes are awesome â€" 18 player GROUND WAR is WAR

I don’t play anything else now, this game is a life hijack, the only reason I don’t play it, is because of work, or I need a break from 5.1 deafening war audio!!!

I got Guitar Hero3 and traded in Rv6, Halo, Gears, and got Assasins for paid for too…..i needed Guitar Hero……nothing beats a break from 5.1 WAR, to 5.1 RAWK!!!

But after maybe a bit of RAWK, I need to kill again…….COD4 is the greatest shooter of all time, even single player is short, but its soo good, you’ll be doing it over n over again…….

Anyone let the credits play thru and you unlock to Epilogue, the mystery final mission in the jet………I wanna know if you skip the credits, if you still get the level?

Also I have heard a rumour that PRESTIGE MODE, when u unlock it, by going in there, it resets everything you ever did online except your ranking….so your hours n hours of play to get to rank 55, is reset to 0, and u gotto go get all the guns again, but your ***le symbol is different, like another class, indicating you have conquered all to get PRESTIGE MODE, only to have it delete your progress and do it all again.

1st or 3rd person, it doent matter

BEST SHOOTER EVER

OI

GET ON THIS GAME!!!!

TRF CLAN!!!

I need support, resisting US bogeys on the South West post of Azarbarjan, requesting BACK_UP!!!

Rendezvous with KULCH - ASAP!!

ROGER!

I have a quick question which hopefully one of you can answer if you're not busy taking down enemies of the free world.

I am really tempted by this game, but do not have xbox live. Is it possible to have computer controlled players in multiplayer modes? Failing that is there any split screen action of any kind to be had?

As mentioned in most reviews, the single player campaign seems to be pretty short, so I don't want to pay full price for just a short campaign...

Gotta choose between this and Assassin's Creed. Just bought FIFA08 and Guitar Hero 3 so that's pretty much the most I've ever spent on games at once. At the moment I'm leaning towards AC over COD4

This is probably the best 1st person shooter I've ever played. Truly brilliant. Will have to have a whirl online when I see you knocking about ak. Not really got into online mode yet as the story campaign is absolutely stunning. I have already started playing it through on the hardest level again.

Take a bow, Infinity Ward.

YES I HAVE NOW ALREADY 50% THRU VETERAN DIFFCULTY

ONLY 2 SHOOTERS IN HISTORY HAVE MADE ME PLAY THRU MORE THAN ONCE

GOLDENEYE
GOW

Now COD4

TOUP
CoD4 â€" without online COULD be something you may wish to rent

The game is class and top notch, but is short, unless you do single player on the harder difficulties

It has an arcade mode once u finish it to go back to and compete for scores n cheats â€" but not to the same level as Goldeneye 007 cheats

It does seem as though they have tacked on a single player campaign on a multiplayer game

Defo worth the rent man, its easily the best shooter EVER, but short in single player, but the storyline is overwhelming, and really captures everything you ask for.

CULLEN
AC or CoD4? â€" well I would go CoD4 man….only cause I have played with you in Halo so I know you like your shooters, and I have heard mixed reports about AC

I am getting AC also purely because I like that type of game, and I have paid for it already, but I if had to pick between the 2….CoD4 man, I have traded in ALL my shooters in the wake of CoD4…Halo, RV6, GOW â€" all traded in……CoD4 online, is as good as it gets folks.

Thanks for the response. I may have to just wait until someone trades this in and then snap it up second hand... or just wait for my Christmas bonus and snap it up along with a few other games which need my attention.

And then I need to look into getting Live in the new year...

Is it better than GOW online? GOW is probably the best online game I've played (better than halo). I'll be getting this anyway, but it must be pretty special if it's the best you've ever played with the likes of GOW being absolutely awesome.

Latest posts