• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cohen to Leicester

D

danny

I would like to hear anyones views on Ben Cohens proposed move to Leicester.
In my view this is outrageous,how can someone decide to leave their club for a deadly rival because he was over looked for the captaincy.
What ever Cohen says were his reason we all know the truth.It saddens me that a fine player such as Cohen literally went on strike until he was released from his contract.Dont think he fancied national 1 much !
This sort of action troubles me as rugby generally doesnt work like this. Iknow we are now fully professional but is loyalty too much to ask. I wish the Saints took a stronger stance and let him rot in the reserves until his contract expired.

He bought out the remaining years of his contract. Why should we pay the big baby's wages for the rest of the season? He threw his toys out of the pram, he can deal with the consequences.

He bought out the remaining years of his contract. Why should we pay the big baby's wages for the rest of the season? He threw his toys out of the pram, he can deal with the consequences.
[/b]

I quite agree. I was interested to see that his move might be off due to his wages taking Leicester over the salary cap.Now it would be very funny to see him without a club.
I always thought he was a big club man what happened to change things, i know him and Thompson had a thing about the NZ players and the split in the changing room,is this true. Also talking of Thompson it seems a bit strange that he is back playing after retiring through injury. Whats going on?

Wow! So now Ben C can go and fail at getting the Captaincy armband at another club other than Northampton.

I predict a DRAMA ALERT!

He thought he was a big man as well. That was the main problem. He was a homegrown hero, but that doesn't mean the fans wanted to make him captain above someone who would actually be good at the job.

As for Thompson - he clearly wanted out. Injured or not, he would have left, although I'll admit it is somewhat suprising that he is going to play again.

A lot of people, myself included, are now leaning towards the view that this apparent dressing room split was actually caused by the egos of the English RWC winners in the side, not any of our foreign signings.

He's apparently negotiating with two French clubs: Aviron Bayonnais and the Cercle Athlétique de Brives.

Webbys virginity says he'll be playing for Brive. [/b]

You lose already then biatch.

But yeah, he'll most likely end up setting up a pie shop with Steve Thompson - 'Chez Kingsthorpe'.

Don't read too much into the fact that I refused to sleep with him. Although I must admit the 100% unprocessed woollen underwear was quite hard to resist.

No, it's just you.

I'll just continue snickering at the rumours of Mark Robinson really being the father of his twins...

Now ben cohen is in the brive 's team... it's a good player and i'm sure he will continu to mark a lot of tries..

Brive is in a very bad mood at this time. The trainer have been fired after... only 3 games, and was replaced by Olivier Magne (i think you know him) who has 0 experience as a trainer. And Brive keeps losing.

This team is going to second division imo... not a very good choice for Cohen, but maybe he deserve it ? :rolleyes:

He does in my view. If you have a chance to represent your home club captain or no captain you should be loyal. Saints made him what he is/was the least he could of done was help them get out of div 1 like Greenwood did with Quins. If i get to play for Bristol i would never leave Bristol no matter what division they are in. It just shows he is money grabbing and doesn't have any respect/loyalty for Saints players/coaches but most importantly the FANS.

Latest posts