• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Coming Out

someone told me once that Gareth Thomas is gay, no idea if it's true though
didn't change my perception of him whatsoever - I still think he's been really crap ever since he joined the Blues...

My father told me Alfie is gay. I hate him, but not for that reason; he's just generally a prat.

I doubt anyone who is a professional athlete will come out while they are still pursuing a career in sports. There are too many narrow minded people around who will go complaining about sharing showers, or being in close contact with someone who happens to go for people of the same sex.
Which shows a big ego in my opinion, what are the odds a random gay person is into you? If they weren't before coming out, then why would they be afterwards? People who dislike gay people because they simply dislike physical contact with them really think they're too hot/attractive/smexy/...

Just on a side note, I hate it when people start discussing 'rugmunchers' or 'guys who like cock'. Just because a person happens to be gay or bisexual, it doesn't mean all they have on their mind is sex. The only time you say about a straight girl 'she likes teh cock' is when you're saying she's a slut, but are all gay men then by definition sluts? Indubitably, some are, but not all of them XD

Quality post there Laetca. I would think twice of taking a shower after a game of rugby & finding out a gay guy was in there too. I got nothing against gay people though, especially if he is a big (built, not his toger) guy.

My father told me Alfie is gay. I hate him, but not for that reason; he's just generally a prat.
[/b]

I also heard this. There's no smoke without fire.

Who gives a **** who you sleep with? its not like they are going to start rooting you on the field or in the shower. But i can understand that some people who have issues with their sexuality that is no reason to be discriminatory and they should deal with those issues.

yes i think gareth thomas is gay but there is also a rumur lee byrne is gay and is patners with nigel owens the ref

with all due respect who really gives a rats ass... and besides Thomas looks like he'd beat thew snot out of you if you called him on it anyways

So Thomas would give a rat's ass? :p

I think we're going from a society where being other than heterosexual is tabu, via one where it's accepted by a majority and one where homosexuals feel the need to flaunt it (It could have something to do with the emo-culture that is emerging at the same time, but I have never before seen soo many 'gay'-looking men), to a society where it really doesn't matter anymore.
But we're far from that still I suppose.

Wasn't there a tournament for gay rugby teams recently in Ireland? I heard that the Sydney Convicts won it. I think I read that on rugbyheaven.

Latest posts