• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Coming Soon To Trf...

Personally, I think they should wait until Q3 of next year and release with the ***le of Rugby 2007. At least it would seem like they spent a little more time on it.

Yeah, it was meant to be 18 monthly anyway. However, they would be too far along the time line too make the extra delay worthwhile now anyway.

I agree. They should have spent more time on creating Rugby 2007 for the next generation consoles and released it around Christmas time '06.

Originally posted by kinkon89+Nov 15 2005, 10:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ Nov 15 2005, 10:39 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Nov 14 2005, 09:06 PM
World In Union was a bloody great song I thought. I tried to find the 2003 Rugby World Cup album the other day but to no avail unfortunately.
thats a good idea, they should use the album for their background music
<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Hey locks, how was the rucking system, was it changed at all, do you have more control in the rucks?

Cheers and Salud[/b]

lox please answer that question!!
<
[/b]
The rucking seemed the same as Rugby 2005 to me

maybe thats why theyre rushing this out. to start the next-gen stuff to come out sometime after the 07 world cup.

Originally posted by myusernameisprettybland@Nov 16 2005, 08:25 PM
maybe thats why theyre rushing this out. to start the next-gen stuff to come out sometime after the 07 world cup.
Ah yes, I can see it now, Rugby 2007: The Road to the World Cup.

lockley is the game more realistic with more penalties given for things like late tackles early tackles etc

Originally posted by myusernameisprettybland@Nov 16 2005, 08:25 PM
I think they will come out with Rugby 2007 before The Rugby World Cup, Around March, Just like the rest of the series.

Rucking system the same as 2005, STINK!! this is what happens with companies who dont take in feedback. Whats even worse is im probably still going to buy this game
<

Originally posted by jacob@Nov 17 2005, 12:30 AM
lockley is the game more realistic with more penalties given for things like late tackles early tackles etc
He did say this game plays liek real Rugby, unlike Rugby 2004, which Locks described as ****!!
<
, and unlike Rugby 2005, which was pretty decent.

Originally posted by woosaah@Nov 16 2005, 09:26 PM
what was wrong with the rucking in 2005?

i had no problem with it
I didn't think there was any rucking. The ball just got randomly turned over every so often.

It was the quickest flanker who got in turned it for their team, which sucked really. no competition for the ball plus...in WCR the rucking system was great, any player joined which happens, And I want to know how the ball can be turned over even though your team has secured it whilst waiting for the Scrum-half to catch up, that got irritating.

I agree, The Rucking part of the game needs to become a key factor in the game, an ASPECT!!

Something where you can fight for it, Like pressing x to have your flanker go in and try rip the ball like McCaw does. On a defensive end you would have to make sure you always had players going with the man, because if he got isolated that would give player two or the PC time to steal the ball.

ENOUGH SIMULATION, Lets have rucking be a major part of the game, instead of the CPU deciding who gets the ball because of a certain situation.

there was kind of rucking i guess, i didn't have any problems with it. go into the tackle try hold onto the ball for support, just dont hold onto it for 2 long. wasn't a problem for me. every now and again you would lose the ball or give away a penalty but that was fine. the only problem i had was the computer would never give a penalty away and would always win the ball if it was in their possesion.

also it was a greater chance of losing the ball if you were close to their line, or was it defending your own line with the ball? i can't remember. its been way to long since i blew the dust off the game

Originally posted by locksley+Nov 12 2005, 12:09 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Nov 12 2005, 12:09 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Nov 11 2005, 08:20 PM
Locksley is awesome and has a huge penis.
I very much doubt my wife would agree with that..... She doesn't think I'm awesome
<
[/b]
heh, i missed that comment before locks. good one!
<

Originally posted by woosaah@Nov 17 2005, 10:57 AM
there was kind of rucking i guess, i didn't have any problems with it. go into the tackle try hold onto the ball for support, just dont hold onto it for 2 long. wasn't a problem for me. every now and again you would lose the ball or give away a penalty but that was fine. the only problem i had was the computer would never give a penalty away and would always win the ball if it was in their possesion.

also it was a greater chance of losing the ball if you were close to their line, or was it defending your own line with the ball? i can't remember. its been way to long since i blew the dust off the game
Thats the problem though, It needs to be more a feature in the game, Where you have to do something to win the ball. Instead of tackling and waiting for the PC to decide.

Originally posted by spearman@Nov 13 2005, 04:56 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
2) It's NOT Rugby 05 with bits added. The game plays radically different. Much more responsive with no truck-like turning circles.

3) Attacking play is superb. Best bit? Running into the defense and timing a sweet offload to perfection.

Please 187 don't make such pathetic and unconstructive posts. It seems R2006 is a big improvement. it doesn't mean you have to buy the game and RC2006 is probably still better, but please don't be so negative about it when you have no personal experience. [/b][/quote]

man i totally missed that post of his! i was just fast forwarding thru the thread and didn't even spot that post of his!!!.. sorry dude

Originally posted by locksley@Nov 11 2005, 11:07 PM
Only just had a chance to post. Not much for you, but at least it's something.

Here's what I know from roughly 10 minutes play on the demo version.

1) There's a demo of Rugby 06 that will shortly be doing the rounds Either december or early January.

2) It's NOT Rugby 05 with bits added. The game plays radically different. Much more responsive with no truck-like turning circles.

3) Attacking play is superb. Best bit? Running into the defense and timing a sweet offload to perfection.

4) Defending is a nightmare, slightly slow and you never seem to "Get it right"

5) The camera angle is more akin to Lomu rugby with bigger players, rather than the very odd Classic 2 cam for Rugby 05. For some reason, the perspective on this cam in rugby 05 never felt right. The pitch seemed uphill, if you know what I mean. That's gone with this version tho, well, at least it has with the demo.

All in all, it's very hard to describe. What i will say is that it's different from 05 - not just the bits added to it - like everyone thought it would be.

Strange tho, I can't make up my mind if EA have ruined the game or made a classic!!!! The reason I say this is because when you have the ball, the game's great. When you're defending, it's not so great! It really is a game of 2 halves. Then again, I didn't really play it long enough to get to grips with so maybe you need to stick at the defense and master it. If that's the case then it looks promising.

More info soon.
Hi Locks,

Thanks for the review, interesting insight into the new game.

any idea when you expect to get more information, and the kind of information we're likely to hear? are you being sent a demo of the game early? Cheers

Hi Locksey,

Do you know if there is going to be any news/screens/videos coming out about rugby 2006 in the near future? There were loads for 2005. Also are you going to get an early build of 2006 like you did for 2005 and make videos for us?

Thnx

Latest posts