• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Coming Soon To Trf...

Only just had a chance to post. Not much for you, but at least it's something.

Here's what I know from roughly 10 minutes play on the demo version.

1) There's a demo of Rugby 06 that will shortly be doing the rounds Either december or early January.

2) It's NOT Rugby 05 with bits added. The game plays radically different. Much more responsive with no truck-like turning circles.

3) Attacking play is superb. Best bit? Running into the defense and timing a sweet offload to perfection.

4) Defending is a nightmare, slightly slow and you never seem to "Get it right"

5) The camera angle is more akin to Lomu rugby with bigger players, rather than the very odd Classic 2 cam for Rugby 05. For some reason, the perspective on this cam in rugby 05 never felt right. The pitch seemed uphill, if you know what I mean. That's gone with this version tho, well, at least it has with the demo.

All in all, it's very hard to describe. What i will say is that it's different from 05 - not just the bits added to it - like everyone thought it would be.

Strange tho, I can't make up my mind if EA have ruined the game or made a classic!!!! The reason I say this is because when you have the ball, the game's great. When you're defending, it's not so great! It really is a game of 2 halves. Then again, I didn't really play it long enough to get to grips with so maybe you need to stick at the defense and master it. If that's the case then it looks promising.

More info soon.

Originally posted by Wally@Nov 11 2005, 08:20 PM
Locksley is awesome and has a huge penis.
I very much doubt my wife would agree with that..... She doesn't think I'm awesome
<

Originally posted by stan_stan@Nov 11 2005, 11:12 PM
is there like a manager mode or anything
Wouldn't know that, only played a demo version. Similar to the Rugby 05 demo. Just one half of a match.

Originally posted by umosay@Nov 11 2005, 11:20 PM
Does it 'look' the same as rugby 2005 overall? Graphics/animations?
No, not really. Looks more like the new fifa game

thankyou locks for posting the info

-which teams were in the demo?
-did you try fending, sidestepping? can you pull it off easily?

Hey locks, just out of curiosity when you said:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
"Strange tho, I can't make up my mind if EA have ruined the game or made a classic!!!! More info soon. "[/b]
what do you mean? Is there something in particular that makes you aprehensive about the game?

Originally posted by sanzar@Nov 12 2005, 12:36 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
"Strange tho, I can't make up my mind if EA have ruined the game or made a classic!!!! More info soon. "
what do you mean? Is there something in particular that makes you aprehensive about the game? [/b][/quote]
The defensive side of it i gather
<

Cheers mate. I can't believe the demo could only be little over a month away, exhilerating. And what teams did you play with?

yeah interesting that a demo will be out soon although not unexecpted as there have been demos out for ea rugby games in the past when hb has developed them. sounds like a bit more work has gone into this version I guess until locks plays more of the demo or a more complete version we will never know. thanks for the info locks you are a champion

locksley is the game more realistic i.e more penalities against the computer and is there penalities for late tackles early tackles etc

Originally posted by sanzar@Nov 11 2005, 11:36 PM
"Strange tho, I can't make up my mind if EA have ruined the game or made a classic!!!! More info soon. "
what do you mean? Is there something in particular that makes you aprehensive about the game? [/b][/quote]
Yeah, defence isn't the best. You can no longer run into the player so it makes it hit and miss with the X button.

Bit more for you;

1. Teams - The usual England v Australia. Bizarrely, England are rated 90 and Aus 89!

2. The pace of the game is much slower, giving you time to look for gaps etc etc.

3. It plays like real rugby. Rugby 2004 was shite, Rugby 05 was better but didn't last the distance after extended play. None of them really played like real rugby though. Rugby 2006 does.

The defending was a big wake up call after the easiness of 2005's smash them as they got the ball defence.

locksley is the game more realistic i.e more penalities against the computer and is there penalities for late tackles early tackles etc

Originally posted by locksley+Nov 12 2005, 12:53 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Nov 12 2005, 12:53 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Nov 11 2005, 11:36 PM
what do you mean? Is there something in particular that makes you aprehensive about the game? [/b]
Yeah, defence isn't the best. You can no longer run into the player so it makes it hit and miss with the X button.

Bit more for you;

1. Teams - The usual England v Australia. Bizarrely, England are rated 90 and Aus 89!

[/b][/quote]
Jeez! Are HB behind the times or what! Australia came last in the TN and is on a 6 game losing streak and England came as good as last in the 6N! They should probably both be rated at 86 at the moment...

Latest posts