• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Commentators

Who would you like to commentate Rugby 2012 ?

• Hugh Bladen (SAF)

Votes: 129 18.9%
  • Grant Nisbett (NZL)

Votes: 149 21.8%
  • Miles Harrison (ENG)

Votes: 94 13.7%
  • Ian Robertson (SCO)

Votes: 65 9.5%
  • Greg Clark (AUS)

Votes: 94 13.7%
  • Jonathan Davies (WLS)

Votes: 200 29.2%
  • Brian Moore (ENG)

Votes: 203 29.7%
  • Murray Mexted (NZL)

Votes: 104 15.2%
  • Phil Kearns (AUS)

Votes: 129 18.9%
  • Another commentator

Votes: 81 11.8%

• Total voters
Yeah, might be. I just know that all of the guys from over there are loud mouth jokers spouting hyperbole. If Clarke isn't then I have no problem with him at all.

Fixed. Every one of us is. :D

Has anyone mentioned Keith Quinn?. He gets my vote as I remember growing up listening to his commentary. He's still got it.

Has anyone mentioned Keith Quinn?. He gets my vote as I remember growing up listening to his commentary. He's still got it.

Yeah, I don't know what happened to Quinn. I know he comentates the 7's circut, but I don't know why he is out of the S14/Test Match scene. Still prefer Nisbett to him.

I would like to see Commentators from the big rugby natiouns do games played in their country. eg Phil Kearns does games played on aussie soil
eg Murray Mexted does games played in NZL Ect with with other countries

grant nisbet or hugh bladen, just as long as they pronounce the islanders names right :D

Aussie commentators all the way! Although, I'll be happy with anyone aside from Ian Robertson or Hugh Bladen. If Ian Robertson or Hugh Bladen are in the next game I will play on mute every time

Anyone from New Zealand. They are by far and away the most un-biased commentators. The Australian commentators are disgusting. They should use that Welsh commentator that goes mad when Wales kick the ball away as well. Would be good for a laugh. DONT KICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you punt the ball away when time is running out. HAHAHA

Murray Mexted ? hell no !

eg. Mexted: " What is Rodney So'oialo doing playing for the All Blacks ? oh no that's Ma'a Nonu " ( Nisbett sighs in the background ) .

Tony Johnson is a pretty good commentator .

Last edited:
Anyone from New Zealand. They are by far and away the most un-biased commentators. The Australian commentators are disgusting. They should use that Welsh commentator that goes mad when Wales kick the ball away as well. Would be good for a laugh. DONT KICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you punt the ball away when time is running out. HAHAHA

haha agreed with those aussies i have to put it on mute everytime i watch the Wallabies .

Just thought;

Why has nobody even mentioned Jed Thain once yet?

It was mentioned earlier, I think he would be pretty damn funny, and I bet you wouldn't have to pay him much. Maybe as a cool unlockable?

As stupid as it sounds I wouldn't mind having a commentary team of two "unknowns" doing a good job. Theres lots of talk of budget etc and with that in mind a suggestion would be to get two "voice actors" (not sure if thats the correct term but you get what i mean). With less money spent on big names, it would mean HB could spend more time/money on getting the commentary to link well with the on the field game and also of course spend money developing an engine. Obviously everyone would want a charismatic duo that add a little excitement and an important decision needs to be done. I may be wrong but i'm sure the first couple of PES games had "unknown" commentators, and they were pretty good (could just be my lack of knowledge of commentators tho).
Don't get me wrong I'd love to have a real life "professional" that we all are used to. Personally I'd love to have The Great Bill McClaren do the commentary. I go back and play JLR and Rugby (ps2) just to hear his voice and signature phrases in a game. Unfortunately it would be near impossible to do that (could sample his voice from archive footage; using ex players names as a basis for current names) but that is of course unrealistic of me to suggest but its a suggestion thread so i guess its allowed to say tho.
As long as its done to a solid standard, then i'd be happy :D :D :D

Also totally love the idea of a TRF Commentary team - get one guy from each region to contribute, that would be ace :D If you need a loud, singing welshman, then i'm your guy :D :D woop woop

Last edited:
As stupid as it sounds I wouldn't mind having a commentary team of two "unknowns" doing a good job.
i wouldn't be against that. I didn't know who did the commentary for The Bigs 2, but it didn't stop me from thinking it was brilliant.

Latest posts