• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Commentators

Who would you like to commentate Rugby 2012 ?

• Hugh Bladen (SAF)

Votes: 129 18.9%
  • Grant Nisbett (NZL)

Votes: 149 21.8%
  • Miles Harrison (ENG)

Votes: 94 13.7%
  • Ian Robertson (SCO)

Votes: 65 9.5%
  • Greg Clark (AUS)

Votes: 94 13.7%
  • Jonathan Davies (WLS)

Votes: 200 29.2%
  • Brian Moore (ENG)

Votes: 203 29.7%
  • Murray Mexted (NZL)

Votes: 104 15.2%
  • Phil Kearns (AUS)

Votes: 129 18.9%
  • Another commentator

Votes: 81 11.8%

• Total voters
Why is it that I'm from NZ and I have a kiwi and an irish bloke commentating my games! Why don't HB Studios get some proper commentators! Grant Fox is a horrible commentator! Why don't you have the proper comentators that we see on tv. Here in NZ I rekon we have the best commentators in the world! Get all them on board for the NZ version. And for the South African version have those blokes from Super Sport and for Aussie have the blokes from Fox Sports! Also it's weird when the two commentators have 2 completley differant analysts in the same context. Today I was playing in the RWC 2007 and it was the final. The Irish bloke said all this stuff about how it was the biggest stage in world rugby and me old mate Foxy said yes it should be a good game. Why don't the commentators follow up on what the other one says. When you are recording the commentators Put them together and make them converse between each other before and after the game.
Please comment and reply!

Why is it that I'm from NZ and I have a kiwi and an irish bloke commentating my games! Why don't HB Studios get some proper commentators! Grant Fox is a horrible commentator! Why don't you have the proper comentators that we see on tv. Here in NZ I rekon we have the best commentators in the world! Get all them on board for the NZ version. And for the South African version have those blokes from Super Sport and for Aussie have the blokes from Fox Sports! Also it's weird when the two commentators have 2 completley differant analysts in the same context. Today I was playing in the RWC 2007 and it was the final. The Irish bloke said all this stuff about how it was the biggest stage in world rugby and me old mate Foxy said yes it should be a good game. Why don't the commentators follow up on what the other one says. When you are recording the commentators Put them together and make them converse between each other before and after the game.
Please comment and reply!
I think it's important to remember, there is a budget that is being worked with here.

It would be awesome to have Grant Nisbett and Justin Marshall (cause they are they official commentators of the 2011 World Cup)
It might also be kool to have a 3rd commentator... (standing on the sideline) This could add a pretty fun/realistic dynamic to the commentary

Haha, i just watch the Al Blacks play the Springboks... If Grant Nisbett is in the game he should keep calling Morne Steyn Francious Steyn. I think he did it about 7 or 8 times :D

i think they should get 2 different commentators sick of grant fox, and he is so bias in real life so dont like him, please just anyone else, maybe greg clark or one of the other aussies as they are the most excitable commentators of all

I'd be fine with Bill McLaren and Bill Beaumont's commentary from Jonah Lomu Rugby. Surely the original taping is still lying around somewhere.

My favourite co-commentator on a rugby game so far has been Jamie Salmon on Rugby 2001. As I've mentioned in another thread, it doesn't matter so much who the commentators are if there is more than one set, but more that they all say different things instead of all working from one script.

Or we could just have Gordon Bray and Chris Handy. :D

I'd be fine with Bill McLaren and Bill Beaumont's commentary from Jonah Lomu Rugby. Surely the original taping is still lying around somewhere.

My favourite co-commentator on a rugby game so far has been Jamie Salmon on Rugby 2001. As I've mentioned in another thread, it doesn't matter so much who the commentators are if there is more than one set, but more that they all say different things instead of all working from one script.

Or we could just have Gordon Bray and Chris Handy. :D

God i hated Jamie Salmon..

**** commentators who needs them on the game, a waste of money i reckon
and for those of you who voted for nisbett really deserve a bullet the guy is an absolute drongo, how he commentates cricket when he knows nothing about the lbw law beats me

Jonathan Davies definitely.
Probably Brian Moore too although they are both sub commentators who tend to give analysis rather than commentate in real time.

Last edited:
Hugh "the blade" Bladen and Grant Nisbett from NZ, maybe chuck in Murray Mexted slagging people off and causing a stir, could be fun!

I personally don't care who is the commentator just make it colourful, it is a video game not real life. So I don't mind if Brian Moore clearly shows that he is an england fan. Gives me something to laugh at as I play the game.

Has anyone mentioned Eddie Butler? He's a class commentator, and his voice seems to fit with the game of rugby so well

I brought his name up earlier, but now he's had a while on ESPN, what do people think of Nick Mullins?

ya, if there's multi commentators should depend on where they're playing.

If you just go with one. I guess a Kiwi would be the way to go as WC is gonna be there.

So long as there's an option to turn it off if Jonathan Davies or Grant Fox get within 100 miles of the recording studios, I don't honestly care.

Has anyone mentioned Eddie Butler? He's a class commentator, and his voice seems to fit with the game of rugby so well

Eddie Butler is a great commentator and should be one of the multiple choices above!

Latest posts