• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Commentators

Who would you like to commentate Rugby 2012 ?

• Hugh Bladen (SAF)

Votes: 129 18.9%
  • Grant Nisbett (NZL)

Votes: 149 21.8%
  • Miles Harrison (ENG)

Votes: 94 13.7%
  • Ian Robertson (SCO)

Votes: 65 9.5%
  • Greg Clark (AUS)

Votes: 94 13.7%
  • Jonathan Davies (WLS)

Votes: 200 29.2%
  • Brian Moore (ENG)

Votes: 203 29.7%
  • Murray Mexted (NZL)

Votes: 104 15.2%
  • Phil Kearns (AUS)

Votes: 129 18.9%
  • Another commentator

Votes: 81 11.8%

• Total voters

The Cam

Academy Player
Who would you like to see as commentators? I'd like Hugh Bladen and maybe Jonathan Davies just to shake things up!

I'd like to see several options in commentation such as the WWE series had, so the commentators are relevant to which teams/competition. I'd submit Grant Nisbett.

Brian Moore and Brian Moore would be pretty good, maybe with pitch side analysis by Brian Moore?

He could ref it as well

I'd like to see several options in commentation such as the WWE series had, so the commentators are relevant to which teams/competition. I'd submit Grant Nisbett.

That's just not feasible though. Fifa only has 1 set of commentators - so the chance rugby would have more than 1 is slim to none :)

How about two sets?
One Northern Hemsiphere set (BRIAN MOORE!) and one Southern Hemsiphere set.

Brian Moore and Brian Moore would be pretty good, maybe with pitch side analysis by Brian Moore?

He could ref it as well

With an instant GAME OVER if you kick twice in a row. :p

I really hope they don't have grant fox again!! cant stand his commentary. What about that south african commentator? usually does the super 14 games over there.

I think HB need to, and will, strike a balance between having quality commentators (and there aren't all that many, believe you and me) who are pretty well known throughout the world as that is ultimately the target audience, the global rugby union (and indeed league) community.

Incidentally, whilst it's not practical at all, how fun would it be to have a Fanzone commentary, where fans of the game got to commentate on a match. That'd be awesome, but then again I highly doubt it would be practical!

I love the S14 commentators who always scream when theres a big hit and those where the ones to commented when Al Baxter scored on the weekend!

After a short while, commentary on any game gets boring because it's the same people using the same lines. I'd like it if the new game used the voices of perhaps 3 different commentators and co-commentators. Hugh Bladen, Miles Harrison and Grant Nisbett as commentators along with Jonathan Numbers Davies, Stuart Barnes and Murray Mexted should cover it.

Just a note, if comical jests about George hook and Brian Moore are popping up left right and centre, I guess that tells HB we're not too worried about forwarding genuine suggestions on this subject. :) The last few iterations have featured comments from a Northern Hemisphere commentator and assistance/comments from a Southern Hemisphere comments man.

Perhaps we need to suggest/nominate a commentator and a comments man? Fair enough them both being suggested from your own familiar local favourites, but chances are they'll pick one from each hemisphere.

In that case, I suggest:

Commentator: Grant Nisbett (Won't get picked because he's not an international rugby name)
Comments: Murray Mexted (Absolutely hilarious with a better script than '05)

Surely Miles Harrison and Stuart Barnes!? After the amazing job that was done on Fifa 10 with Martin Tyler and Andy Gray I think it should be commentators that work together that should be used. Their commentary is so good because they just chat and banter about things and provide very detailed analysis of what is actually happening so it actually seems real.

When you have commentators that don't work together it just sounds a bit wooden I think. I wouldn't mind people like Andrew Cotter (who provides constant 'radio like' coverage of what is happening - ideal for a video game) and Jonathan Davies.

No Brian Moore.

Brian Moore and Stuart Barne is my worst nightmare.

I'd like to have Jiffy in it.

Just a note, if comical jests about George hook and Brian Moore are popping up left right and centre, I guess that tells HB we're not too worried about forwarding genuine suggestions on this subject. :) The last few iterations have featured comments from a Northern Hemisphere commentator and assistance/comments from a Southern Hemisphere comments man.

Perhaps we need to suggest/nominate a commentator and a comments man? Fair enough them both being suggested from your own familiar local favourites, but chances are they'll pick one from each hemisphere.

In that case, I suggest:

Commentator: Grant Nisbett (Won't get picked because he's not an international rugby name)
Comments: Murray Mexted (Absolutely hilarious with a better script than '05)
My George Hook suggestion is as genuine as the sun is bright. I love ole Hooky! In fact, I'd say they could rebrand it George Hook's Rugby 2012 (like the Madden US Football Series). While that may never become reality, I do think Hook is great colour commentary and could ad some fun to the game.

Latest posts