• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Commentators

Who would you like to commentate Rugby 2012 ?

• Hugh Bladen (SAF)

Votes: 129 18.9%
  • Grant Nisbett (NZL)

Votes: 149 21.8%
  • Miles Harrison (ENG)

Votes: 94 13.7%
  • Ian Robertson (SCO)

Votes: 65 9.5%
  • Greg Clark (AUS)

Votes: 94 13.7%
  • Jonathan Davies (WLS)

Votes: 200 29.2%
  • Brian Moore (ENG)

Votes: 203 29.7%
  • Murray Mexted (NZL)

Votes: 104 15.2%
  • Phil Kearns (AUS)

Votes: 129 18.9%
  • Another commentator

Votes: 81 11.8%

• Total voters
Phil Kerns and Grant Nisbet...But i would Really like the guy how commentants on Toyota GrassRoots Rugby with Ian Jones.

they should have a pick of 4 or so whereby you choose who commentates each match...i think hugh bladen is number 1 choice

defiantly jonathen davies with his humour and debating during the match.

makes me lol

HUGH BLAAAAADEEEEENNNNNN...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is a real must

What About Eddie Butler, he has an awsome Voice. A combination of Moore + Mexted would be enough for me to buy the game. Even if it was for comic Value. Anyway, if somone shouts TRYTIMEEEEE over enthusiasticly like the aussie guys do i would be happy.

definitely bladen with brian moore for analysis - you've got the monotonous, slightly drunk hughie and his doppies la hhhraansie and pothhhieter pronunciations; then you have moore getting cross, with lots of 'rubbish' and 'very divvicult'. Brilliant.

Otherwise, the best analyser is jonathan davies, you could put him there with bladen.

Or Butler & Moore cos they've got great chemistry.

You have got to have Eddie Butler and Brian Moore - great commentating team. Also have Jonathan Davies for pitchside commentary

Jonathan Davies and Brian Moore would be awesome. Oh and Eddie Butler, but thats mainly because I just like his voice. But I suppose I'm kinda biased given that they're the people I actually hear. If I was to be realistic and not alienate my SH counterparts for a moment, I would probably say Jiffy and Nisbett.

Last edited:
I would guess that they will choose 2 commentators from the NH. As Rugby Challenge have acquired many SH licences it would only make sense that HB target audience will be the NH.

Just an observation.

For some of the British games I would like to have Eddie Butler, Jonathan Davies, Brian Moore etc. Maybe they could be different depending on the teams that are playing. Probably an extreme suggestion considering the budget that HB have to work with but that's what I would like to have.

Brian Moore just going: They've kicked it again, for god sake! and Eddie Butler laughing