• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Commonwealth Games

Originally posted by woosaah@Mar 20 2006, 04:10 PM
why do you care who is good for gold?
Do you mean why do i give a rats if John Steffenson is a good chance for gold?

because Athletics isn't really one of Australias strong points ,and it looks like theres a pretty good field for that one.

In second semi of the 100m there was 3 false starts, two guys got DQ'd and then Asafa was too busy looking at the scoreboard and crossed into another runners lane :lol:

It looks like Asafa was lucky and no one noticed it ....... thank god

Cant wait for the 5000m, the four best in the world will be competing, Craig Mottram against the 3 Kenyans.

What time is Sarah Ulmer riding this morning? I love her. Ever since the Olympics. Do I need to remind you guys about that?

Should be interesting to see how she goes off the track.

Ulmer pulls out of time trial
BREAKING NEWS - 11.40am
Sarah Ulmer has withdrawn from the women's individual time trial at the Commonwealth Games due to a reported back problem.

from stuff, they havnt put a link in so i cant update it, there goes a gold :(

A NZer finished 4th again we would of had so many bronze medals but unluckly we finish 4th :angry:

That's kind of funny. In Canada we count the medal standings by ranking the countries based on total medals, with gold, then silver, then bronze as tie breakers.

These are the standings through March 19 from TSN (Canadian sports site.)
Country G S B Tot
Australia 42 38 32 112
England 18 21 15 54
Canada 7 16 14 37
India 12 8 3 23
Scotland 8 5 6 19
South Africa 6 4 7 17
New Zealand 2 4 9 15
Malaysia 3 3 4 10
Nigeria 2 2 2 6
Wales 1 0 5 6
Singapore 1 1 3 5
Jamaica 2 1 1 4
Kenya 1 2 1 4
Cyprus 1 1 1 3
Cameroon 0 1 2 3
Papua, New Guinea 1 1 0 2
Isle of Man 1 0 1 2
Pakistan 1 0 1 2
Ghana 1 0 0 1
Sri Lanka 1 0 0 1
Tanzania 1 0 0 1
Bahamas 0 1 0 1
Bangladesh 0 1 0 1
Northern Ireland 0 1 0 1
Fiji 0 0 1 1
Seychelles 0 0 1 1
Trinidad Tabago 0 0 1 1

Originally posted by woosaah@Mar 21 2006, 11:56 AM
Ulmer pulls out of time trial
BREAKING NEWS - 11.40am
Sarah Ulmer has withdrawn from the women's individual time trial at the Commonwealth Games due to a reported back problem.

from stuff, they havnt put a link in so i cant update it, there goes a gold :(
1,2,3 to Australia :lol:

was she favorite for that race?

I just saw on the news that of the 3 girls that won the time trials medals....

Gold: is the current world #1 for this event,
Silver: was the former world #1 and former Olympic champ at this event ,
Bronze: is the current Olympic champ at this event....

So Ulmer would have been lucky to get a medal, she should have probably stayed on the track.

You still got the Netball :) and that big Maori ***** that does the shotput ...... thats atleast two certain golds.

As long as NZ beat the Saffas i'll be happy

Am I the only one here that can't give a stuff about the Commonwealth Games? My Aussie friends can't see the point, and couldn't care less about the Games!!

Originally posted by Groen_en_Goud@Mar 21 2006, 10:44 PM
Am I the only one here that can't give a stuff about the Commonwealth Games? My Aussie friends can't see the point, and couldn't care less about the Games!!
Thats great!! :cheers: , thanks for sharing

Maybe your sig has something to do with you not liking the games.

Even though we don't have much competition, it's still a great event. Unity of the nation and all the crap.

Originally posted by Wally@Mar 22 2006, 12:09 AM
Even though we don't have much competition, it's still a great event. Unity of the nation and all the crap.
True. And heck, anything that lets us tout our overall sporting superiority over the poms can't be bad aye? :cheers:

Shame about Ulmer. I highly doubt she was the favourite, but she has magical powers....

Valerie Adams isn't Maori either...

if england didnt send al those big beefey criminals over to australlia - then they would be leading the medal table!!!!!

Originally posted by loratadine@Mar 22 2006, 03:08 AM
if england didnt send al those big beefey criminals over to australlia - then they would be leading the medal table!!!!!
It's funny aye? You know we came 4th in the last Olympics after the US, China and Russia? All 3 of which have populations exceeding 200 million... and then it's Australia, with 20 million! I think we should have been crowed grand champion's for our incredible ability despite our numbers :p .

Latest posts