• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Computer AI

Originally posted by loslover the 2nd coming@Jan 31 2006, 03:37 PM
<
<
<
<

you spin me right round baby right round like a record spinning right round baby right round like a record spinning.......

<

oh and bugger off woosah...my posts aren't repeated....and they are a hell sight more informative than your two line wonders thanks very much.
Can this post be archived forever? The IRNOY in it (intentional or not) is brilliant.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Jan 31 2006, 04:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Jan 31 2006, 04:56 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-loslover the 2nd coming
@Jan 31 2006, 03:37 PM
<

<

<

<

you spin me right round baby right round like a record spinning right round baby right round like a record spinning.......

<

oh and bugger off woosah...my posts aren't repeated....and they are a hell sight more informative than your two line wonders thanks very much.
Can this post be archived forever? The IRNOY in it (intentional or not) is brilliant. [/b]
I think the irony of you finding it ironic is so ironic that your post in reply to my post should be archived forever.

semantics kaftka - see only in YOUR (and some of the sheep) mind is it ironic.

I talk about the games various aspects and BOTH of them too....

AK just bags EA06, even specifically, despite never having played it, but basically avoids discussing any good points about RC2006 while calling it potentially the bees knees - wonder why?

all I hear is rucks and ai, rucks and ai...

now ak IS a loose cat and my forum buddy (one of few by the looks of it - so I ain't burning no bridges, no way hose!!), but in this situation of commenting on rugby 06 and rc2006 and their various good/bad points, I have not being nearly as narrow-minded or repetitive.

The facts already presented from numerous parties point, beyond debate, to rugby06 being the better game. that is all.

after so much bagging of EA (often justifiably and by myself too) I guess some of you are struggling to accept this...but plse, let's be big about it okay? big boys now and all...okay? cool.
<

also - I am not repeating posts - there is always new nuggets of info on an old theme and I am often REITERATING facts, figures and gaming insights becos I am forced to do so by either inane questioning or unsubstantiated disagreement.

simple enough. and thus only your post is worthy of archiving IMO.

woosah always makes stupid comments about my posts - he can sort out his own backyard first....are you from CHCH woosah? would explain a bit (I am los lover after all - their most hated player - becos they abused his wife etc and were a bunch of red neck scum, he had to burn them on a few occasions...sorry bud.) would it not?

Just cos someone has a go at me, especially CHCHers and NHers etc....., doesn't mean their original cause to do so is actually genuine. Hidden motives are EVERYWHERE...I just perhaps find them a little more transparent.

cheers
<
<

It wasn't what you were talking about that was ironic...

...Maybe I'm the only one to see it, but you used the same smiley 4 times in a row, then you posted "spin me around baby like a record spinning around baby....etc" followed by the same smiley....

...THEN, you said that your posts aren't repetitive... I found it funny...Thought you put it that way on purpose.

...Still time to claim it Los...

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jan 31 2006, 05:22 PM

...Maybe I'm the only one to see it, but you used the same smiley 4 times in a row, then you posted "spin me around baby like a record spinning around baby....etc" followed by the same smiley....

...THEN, you said that your posts aren't repetitive... I found it funny...Thought you put it that way on purpose.

<

Originally posted by loslover the 2nd coming+Jan 31 2006, 04:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (loslover the 2nd coming @ Jan 31 2006, 04:27 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Jan 31 2006, 05:22 PM

<
[/b]
<

Originally posted by JJ-@Jan 29 2006, 11:52 AM
If possible, could someone that's played it on a competitive difficulty say how they conceded their last 3-5 tries?

I'd find that interesting.
<
<

hey I missed this post

but this is a VERY good idea and not too complicated yeah?

LOcksley!!!! ahoy!!!!!!!
<

can you plse tell us your last (of if easier your next five) tries conceded by you...plse play hard for the one game.

and if you are watsed or if you win, can we know the score.

cheers the legend that is locks.
<
<
<

Originally posted by loslover the 2nd coming@Jan 31 2006, 04:19 PM
AK just bags EA06, even specifically, despite never having played it, but basically avoids discussing any good points about RC2006 while calling it potentially the bees knees - wonder why?

now ak IS a loose cat and my forum buddy (one of few by the looks of it - so I ain't burning no bridges, no way hose!!), but in this situation of commenting on rugby 06 and rc2006 and their various good/bad points, I have not being nearly as narrow-minded or repetitive.

The facts already presented from numerous parties point, beyond debate, to rugby06 being the better game. that is all.

after so much bagging of EA (often justifiably and by myself too) I guess some of you are struggling to accept this...but plse, let's be big about it okay? big boys now and all...okay? cool.
<
yeah today is my rant day

every now and again, ak47 wakes up on the wrong side of the bed
every year HB turn-up and wave the polished cover in our faces
every year we pay
every year we give our input
every year they ignore us

my narrow mind repetative approach today, is mirrored by HB programming.

Remember never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn

We'll all be comparing achievements and progress soon..........this is just the trash talk before the ***le fight..........

I cant wait for both...........just today i am venting my frustration at HB antics, which is purely my opinion, and getting worked up for a season of ruggers.

RC2006 v EA2006

We'll its tough to gauge whom is going to win, as i havent played either

But form suggests

Swordfish won the first bout............BLIC K.O's EAcricket in 1st round haymaker

Thus this little punter throws his money on RC2006 @ the TAB

I know, i know i assuming alot, but betting men have assuming instinct.
<

Originally posted by ak47+Jan 31 2006, 05:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 31 2006, 05:52 PM)</div>
@Jan 31 2006, 04:19 PM

<
yeah today is my rant day

every now and again, ak47 wakes up on the wrong side of the bed
every year HB turn-up and wave the polished cover in our faces
every year we pay
every year we give our input
every year they ignore us

my narrow mind repetative approach today, is mirrored by HB programming.

Remember never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn

We'll all be comparing achievements and progress soon..........this is just the trash talk before the ***le fight..........

I cant wait for both...........just today i am venting my frustration at HB antics, which is purely my opinion, and getting worked up for a season of ruggers.

RC2006 v EA2006

We'll its tough to gauge whom is going to win, as i havent played either

But form suggests

Swordfish won the first bout............BLIC K.O's EAcricket in 1st round haymaker

Thus this little punter throws his money on RC2006 @ the TAB

I know, i know i assuming alot, but betting men have assuming instinct.
<
[/b]
you may as well have a punt bro:

here are the odds if you are interested =

RC2006 - $5.75

EA06 - $1.03

get on it bro...

EA's version is unbackable.

<

swordfish's ability to make Blics (using the engine from a game that WAS liked) is completely irrelevant in terms of their ability to make a gd rugby game using the engine of a highly flawwd game and barely improving it at all.

rugby 05 was potentially awesome but had flaws......most (probably from my point of view ALL) have been removed.

So.....

<

It isn't rocket science fellaz!!

I quite liked the little review of RC2006 posted by someone this morning... Basically outlines all of what I'm expecting from it.

Personally, I'm looking forward to both, and for different reasons.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jan 31 2006, 06:02 PM
I quite liked the little review of RC2006 posted by someone this morning... Basically outlines all of what I'm expecting from it.

Personally, I'm looking forward to both, and for different reasons.
different reasons?

are they 'pleasure and massochism'?

<
<

nah just jokes, spend ya money how you want. Just don't cry about it till the storm dies down and you can admit it freely.
<

RC2006! Awesome.....

Just awesome....

for my 6 year old nephew's birthday present.

<

just awwwwwwwwweeeeeesome! lol!

With the way the boxart/logo is for RC, I might accidentally buy it twice!
<

Cheeky sods...

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jan 31 2006, 06:10 PM
<

Cheeky sods...
<

it must, MUST have been intentional..

god bless the cheeky sods!!
<

Originally posted by loslover the 2nd coming@Jan 31 2006, 04:58 PM
RC2006 - $5.75

EA06 - $1.03

get on it bro...

<
<
<
<

Like the Tigers in the NRL
The poms in the Ashes
Like Maruesmo in the Tennis

The Underdog should be given some consideration

Comments

RC2006 "Expect Bold Showing"
EA2006 "Bred to lap these donkeys, watch market guide ONLY"

Originally posted by loslover the 2nd coming+Jan 31 2006, 05:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (loslover the 2nd coming @ Jan 31 2006, 05:17 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Jan 31 2006, 06:10 PM
<

Cheeky sods...
<

it must, MUST have been intentional..

god bless the cheeky sods!!
<
[/b]
Best example:

006C000000210939.jpg

<

Most definitely intentional!

Originally posted by ak47+Jan 31 2006, 06:21 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 31 2006, 06:21 PM)</div>
@Jan 31 2006, 04:58 PM
RC2006 - $5.75

EA06 - $1.03

get on it bro...

<
<
<
<

The poms in the Ashes

Comments

EA2006 "Bred to lap these donkeys, watch market guide ONLY" [/b]
<
<

I hear ya!

note: I backed the tigers from the major preliminary to win, england to win the ashes after they lost the first test and mauresmo to clean that cheating JHH slag out of the final too.....oh and federer to win 3 sets to 1.

So there is some pedigree in thr rugby 2006 call.

<
<

Originally posted by ak47+Jan 31 2006, 05:21 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 31 2006, 05:21 PM)</div>
@Jan 31 2006, 04:58 PM
RC2006 - $5.75

EA06 - $1.03

get on it bro...

<
<
<
<

The poms in the Ashes

Comments

EA2006 "Bred to lap these donkeys, watch market guide ONLY" [/b]

I have to say I will only buy EA. It's a time thing, but also like Los said RC is an awesome for a 6 year old couzzo.

This underdog thing that you mention....now that is interesting. I say what they should program into these games is a feature that I liken to "second player gain" on a racing sim. If you are leading then the AI should become stronger/better and stronger/better the further you lead. This will make the score lines alot better in the long run

Originally posted by Quintes@Jan 31 2006, 08:18 PM
I say what they should program into these games is a feature that I liken to "second player gain" on a racing sim. If you are leading then the AI should become stronger/better and stronger/better the further you lead. This will make the score lines alot better in the long run
Your are kidding aren't you. This kind of AI you literally find in Arcades, Sega Rally etc. It has no place in sports simulations.

Originally posted by mikeeboy+Jan 31 2006, 10:04 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mikeeboy @ Jan 31 2006, 10:04 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Quintes
@Jan 31 2006, 08:18 PM
I say what they should program into these games is a feature that I liken to "second player gain" on a racing sim. If you are leading then the AI should become stronger/better and stronger/better the further you lead. This will make the score lines alot better in the long run
Your are kidding aren't you. This kind of AI you literally find in Arcades, Sega Rally etc. It has no place in sports simulations. [/b]
I agree, the fact of the matter is that in a genuine match of any kind, there is always the possibility that one team could completely blow the other away. You shouldn't be punished for playing well. What is needed is a difficulty level which affects more than how hard it is to win rucks etc - the whole AI needs to take a step up. I know this is not easy to do, but that is the aim here.

Handicapping systems ruin games. Well almost. There is a handicapping system used in Rugby 2005 and also in the Pro Evo football series. It's terribly annoying when you're doing really well and then inexplicably the opposition starts to thrash you in a game.

I have broken 2 PS2 controllers because of that in Pro Evo 4. You go 2 goals up and then your players discover the touch of Emile Heskey all of a sudden.

It's not necessary. I don;t mind if the opposition outplays me in games, but when they start to do things which you yourself could never do with the controls at your disposal, it becomes unfair.

It is generally lazy programming which causes these things. They cannot be arsed to come up with proper AI so they make up some rubbish handicapping system.

Ridiculous.

But PES5, you are forigven.

Originally posted by toup+Jan 31 2006, 10:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toup @ Jan 31 2006, 10:20 PM)</div>
Originally posted by mikeeboy@Jan 31 2006, 10:04 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Quintes
@Jan 31 2006, 08:18 PM

Your are kidding aren't you. This kind of AI you literally find in Arcades, Sega Rally etc. It has no place in sports simulations.
I agree, the fact of the matter is that in a genuine match of any kind, there is always the possibility that one team could completely blow the other away. You shouldn't be punished for playing well. What is needed is a difficulty level which affects more than how hard it is to win rucks etc - the whole AI needs to take a step up. I know this is not easy to do, but that is the aim here. [/b]
mmmmm yes, I see what you mean and completely agree that you shouldn't be punished for playing well. What I am refferring to is not necessarilly handicapping, and I'm also not saying that the AI should start doing things you yourselfr can't pull off with the controls. If you are playing NZ vs Namibia it wouldn't be a suprise if you trash the living sh*t out of them, however if you play Aus v NZ and start leading like 50 - 0 then surely you would need a higher level of difficulty...

Players in the AI team should start using the same control you have, as in how many times did you get opponents stepping and fending in R2005. The gain should be adjusted to better stepping, passing and using handoffs etc. If a team is behind by more than 20 points and it's 5 mins to go (and this has happened to me countless times in R2005) and they've been camped inside your halve for a while then they shouldn't be trying for a dropgoal the first time they get near your 22, the AI should recognize that they need the seven for a bonus point or whatever the benefit could be....

MAybe it's the wrong idea and I can see why you guys say so. Maybe the best thing to ask for is not "gain" (althoug I think it can be applied in 2player games to keep the comppetition close) but simply for better AI.

BTW I've never noticed the handicapping in R2005. Please ellaborate a little if you can Chestnut

Latest posts