• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Corry retires from International rugby

An excellent player who was always given a raw lot by coaches putting him out of position but he always gave his 110%. Whatever his faults, you seriously cannot deny that he put his heart and soul into whatever he did and always fronted up whenever things went wrong.

Good guy, will be missed.

Not always my favourite player, but as a person the guy has my respect. It is great that he has decided that if he cannot give his absolute best for England, then it is time to step aside and let someone else have a go. Kudos to the man.

i think england will be missing a great leader but hats off for admitting his best playing days are behind him. sadly missed in the national side, then again i wouldnt wanna be moved out of position just to fit into someone's plans. hope he can do leicester proud for a few more years.

Oficially the unluckiest man in English rugby. Had to live up to Johnsons name when awarded the captancy, had to endure the worst England side ever due to Andy Robson, never quite emulated his majestic presence for England like he did for Leicester, won't be rememberd as well as he should be.

Still, sticking to the domestic game will prolong his Leicester career, a wise move on his part. It also forces Ashton to bring through Haskell and Rees.

Still, sticking to the domestic game will prolong his Leicester career, a wise move on his part. It also forces Ashton to bring through Haskell and Rees. [/b]

Ooooooh, just you wait! He'll probably force Hill and Back onto the pitch at gunpoint :lol:

had a good international career well done to him- unluky in his captancy.

won my eternal respect for retiring when he did-not many would pass up a offer to play for their country and see the bigger picture. vickery take note.

Great guy.

Not the best back row in the world, and didn't have the amazing leadership qualities of Dallaglio or Johnson. but he probably would have walked into most other international teams at the time we had Hill Back Dallaglio.

But he led by example, was the most dedicated Englishman on the pitch and fantastically honest. If he was my captain I'd do anything for him. Good Guardian column as well...

Latest posts