• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Needs to come to my local Morrisons
What is it with Morrisons?
They're easily the worst supermarket I've been into during all of this (worst shop in general was B&M)

Was in the (considerable) queue last week, headphones in, person behind me came right up to me, as close as if you were going to whisper, so he could speak over my music to complain about how slow the checkouts were.
Felt like chinning him

People are making the right choices which is a good job given the government have completely body swerved the issue
The problem isn't the people who are having smaller Christmas's many already planned to. The issue is the significant part of the population that will do the absolute limit regardless of what tier they are in or flat out break them.

It's all rather frustrating, enforcement is just about impossible but governments messaging has been so wishy washy since the Cummings affair. It was a factor but not sole reason for the breakdown of societal pressure to minimise what you did and the were all in it together mentality there was back in March. Yknow the actual Blitz spirit people keep on invoking to say "well pubs didn't close then".

Covid-19 deaths are now over 308,000 here in the United States and Trumpanzee still doesn't think it's a problem. :rolleyes: January 20th can't get here soon enough!

Last edited:
Covid-19 deaths are now over 308,000 here in the United States and Trumpanzee still doesn't think it's a problem. :rolleyes: January 20th can't get here soon enough!

He's more worried about your country's water pressure.o_O

anyone tried the Omni calculator to see where you are in the queue for a vaccine shot? According to the calculator there are between 27 and 38 million people in front of me based on the criteria I input. :rolleyes:

Looks like it'll be increased restrictions on the 28th here. Cases increasing but hospital admissions would suggest it's almost exclusively young people so while bars, restaurants and house visits will be gone I'd be hopeful the gym stays open and sports are allowed to go on in a restricted manner.

anyone tried the Omni calculator to see where you are in the queue for a vaccine shot? According to the calculator there are between 27 and 38 million people in front of me based on the criteria I input. :rolleyes:

For me, it depends on how they define "frontline health care worker" - which is usually short-hand for "NHS staff in direct contact with patients" as opposed to "Health care workers in direct contact with patients".
Having said that, we were allowed to stay open during both lockdowns, as we're considered important enough for that, but I'm sceptical that we're important enough to be vaccinated (unless we volunteer to vaccinate others - which I'll only do if there's a local shortage - I'm massively phobic of needles)

Given a vaccination rate of 1,000,000 a week and an uptake of 70.6%, you should expect to receive your vaccine between 26/06/2021 and 16/09/2021.

Christ if that uptake is right the vaccine isn't going to make a jot of difference to the vulnerable people who can't have it.

Given a vaccination rate of 1,000,000 a week and an uptake of 70.6%, you should expect to receive your vaccine between 26/06/2021 and 16/09/2021.

Christ if that uptake is right the vaccine isn't going to make a jot of difference to the vulnerable people who can't have it.
Yeh it's a very broad questionnaire. Someone at work referred me to it. Wouldn't take it as gospel and makes a lot of assumptions like take up. Still gives an idea of the scale of trying to get this country vaccinated.

And on the basis of Bojo saying he hopes no third lockdown, makes me now more certain there will be in January. :mad:

Last edited:

Latest posts