• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Just finished catching up on the thread and yes I know the mainstream script is "orange man bad", so no surprises there, but why are the Italian authorities getting off so lightly?

I see the mainstream script there is they're "unlucky" because of their aging population.

Their government brought it on themselves by allowing cheap Chinese migrant labour to stream in for months while there was clearly an issue and therefore put the whole of Europe up **** creek.

Instead of actually doing something real, the mayor of Florence told residents to hug Chinese people, which of course the CCP's propaganda outlets loved.

Any criticism towards Italy of course puts the spotlight on the major draw backs of the EU borders, which aligns too close to what those Brexit bigots say, so the press rather just focus on "orange man bad" and "scruffy blonde man stupid".

Not even a peep on how the WHO parroted propaganda from the CCP about how there is no human-to-human transmission, on 14 January. No because any criticism of the UN aligns too closely with nationalism, so rather not. That doesn't sit well with ideologues they're trying to get clicks from. Orange man bad is an easier sell.

This is why people are tuning out the media. They are not out to convey the truth, they're out to make money and will follow the faux outrage to get those all important clicks.

Yeah...no videos of animals being tortured on here, please.
The CCP would be so proud with the removal any evidence of the disgusting eating habits of the Chinese.

A disclaimer would have been fine. Even Twitter allow it.

The CCP would be so proud with the removal any evidence of the disgusting eating habits of the Chinese.

A disclaimer would have been fine. Even Twitter allow it.

well if twitter allows it . . .

your post had nothing to do with the corona virus or rugby. If it had to do with Chinese eating bats it would be somewhat relevant. Otherwise, all your post was "Chinese like to murder different animals than I do (assuming you aren't a vegan) and therefore they are bad"

Their government brought it on themselves by allowing cheap Chinese migrant labour to stream in for months while there was clearly an issue and therefore put the whole of Europe up **** creek.

Instead of actually doing something real, the mayor of Florence told residents to hug Chinese people, which of course the CCP's propaganda outlets loved.

What is the timeline for your 2nd sentence, and please produce some substantial evidence for the first.

Not even a peep on how the WHO parroted propaganda from the CCP about how there is no human-to-human transmission, on 14 January. No because any criticism of the UN aligns too closely with nationalism, so rather not. That doesn't sit well with ideologues they're trying to get clicks from. Orange man bad is an easier sell.

The WHO held their first committees on COVID-19 after that date, so why would you expect them to draw conclusions before then?

9th Jan:
https://www.who.int/china/news/deta...ing-cluster-of-pneumonia-cases-in-wuhan-china

22nd Jan
https://www.who.int/china/news/detail/22-01-2020-field-visit-wuhan-china-jan-2020

Okay guys, help me here, those of you who are already under lockdown.

We are going into lockdown from midnight tomorrow night.

I have enough food supply for the entire 3 weeks, as well as beer and cooldrinks.

Now while we are on lockdown, we are still allowed to do the following:
  • Go to the pharmacy
  • go to the supermarkets
  • go to the doctor/hospital
Take away shops will still do deliveries to the home.

Parents are allowed to have their kids visit grandma & grandpa (which is great because my parents live about 100m away from me, and my son won't go a day without visiting them.

So basically it's a forced holiday at home...

Okay guys, help me here, those of you who are already under lockdown.

We are going into lockdown from midnight tomorrow night.

I have enough food supply for the entire 3 weeks, as well as beer and cooldrinks.

Now while we are on lockdown, we are still allowed to do the following:
  • Go to the pharmacy
  • go to the supermarkets
  • go to the doctor/hospital
Take away shops will still do deliveries to the home.

Parents are allowed to have their kids visit grandma & grandpa (which is great because my parents live about 100m away from me, and my son won't go a day without visiting them.

So basically it's a forced holiday at home...

sounds like you're sorted H. I think having a regular routine whilst at home with the family is key. Start planning what you're gonna do to keep you and the family occupied. It'll make the time go more quickly.

sounds like you're sorted H. I think having a regular routine whilst at home with the family is key. Start planning what you're gonna do to keep you and the family occupied. It'll make the time go more quickly.

Well, I have a lot of odd jobs to do around the house. My wife is planning on painting a few rooms, which she hasn't had the time to do while working. And since she is a pre-school teacher, she has a lot of things to keep our son busy(not that he needs any motivation though).

Plus I still need to finish RDR2, as well as Watch Dogs 2, so I think I'm sorted.

uk.yahoo/news/coronaviru...225500518.html
Is this just another opinion or some truth.
the reason I say as our whole family had flu like symptoms over xmas period and this was around extended family as well as we were all together.
Thoughts.

the reason I say as our whole family had flu like symptoms over xmas period and this was around extended family as well as we were all together.
Thoughts.
Its possible we came back from Singapore last October I had a mild cough for a couple of days but my wife had a chest infection and took nearly 3 months to get better.

At the same time in seamed quite a few people even those we didn't see were getting a nasty strain of flu.

However I'd suggest its unlikely.

Thoughts.
Would need a working link - but if it's the story that COVID-19 was rife in the UK (the nast common cold pretty much everyone had, with a 0.000% mortality rate) before there was any human-human transmission of COVID-19 anywhere in the world; and on some cases before there was "miscellaneous animal to humen" transmission - then it's a load of bollocks.

If it's the broadly similar story that having suffered a common cold this winter, then you're immune to an entirely different pathogen - then that's also a load of bollocks

If it's the Trump-originating idea that having a flu shot this year grants you immunity to a completely different pathogen - then guess what? it's a load of bollocks

I often wonder whether there are a lot more people out there with it, but it's mild symptoms which are like a cold etc.

For the past two weeks I've been self-isolating because of a very sore throat and flu like symptoms but never got tested.

Am I one of the statistics, like others, who aren't recorded?

I often wonder whether there are a lot more people out there with it, but it's mild symptoms which are like a cold etc.

For the past two weeks I've been self-isolating because of a very sore throat and flu like symptoms but never got tested.

Am I one of the statistics, like others, who aren't recorded?

There will be many like that, but nothing like the percentages claimed here (Oxford):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxmu2rwsnhi9j9c/Draft-COVID-19-Model (13).pdf?dl=0

Their big leap is assuming that only a very small section of the population are vulnerable enough to have symptoms severe enough that would result in testing. While that may be true now across the UK (albeit the percentage is likely different), it certainly wasn't true early in Feb. It also definitely isn't true elsewhere (Italy or South Korea).

Basically the spread/critical/death characteristics elsewhere in the world where there are much more rigorous testing regimes wouldn't match up to their assumptions.

SK tested the **** out of the place, so we can safely assume the amount of folks that carried it unknowingly are very low.

Their death rate was 42/6284 (March 6th) - or 0.67% - which is in line with China outside Wuhan.

https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(20)30150-8/fulltext

That completely undermines the Oxford assumption (which to me, is a big reach when looking at the references they claim supports it).

So the company I work for is intuiting a global wide 10 days of unpaid leave....

Lucky for me its voluntary currently and I don't know details within UK in regard to furlong and stuff.

Were only early days into this crisis I think this going to make 2008 look like a walk in the park.