• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

I dunno I'm more against it in principal because of (1) people who can't have vaccines, (2) introducing such a thing before everyone has been offered one creating a tiered society.

I dunno I'm more against it in principal because of (1) people who can't have vaccines, (2) introducing such a thing before everyone has been offered one creating a tiered society.
I agree although I can see a situation where it comes mandatory for travel to alot of countries.
Also poor take up in under 40s may make Government decide to introduce for a year or two to gather data on an endemic virus.
The challenge 25 of producing a document to prove age was excepted readily enough so maybe a covid certificate passport QR code will be accepted ok.
Over 40s have had vaccines since childhood eg.
Polio , smallpox , hopping cough, measles, mumps , Rubella and Flu if medical conditions then take up will probably be high.
A document may make under 40s more likely to take up.

Is there a problem with under 40's? I mean I'm 36 and had all those as have all my peers I certainly don't remember any kids being opt outs when schools had vaccinations.

The 'Covid passport' in principle I agree with but feel it goes against younger people.

Are you going to be allowed to go only after getting your second vaccine dose?

Talk that some bars / restaurants / pubs could also implement a requirement for it before entry to establishments.

So all the older and vulnerable people who we have been under restrictions to protect are able to go on holidays etc well before anyone else.

My parents who are due to get their vaccine next Thursday, and probably second dose by end of April, will be able to go on holiday and enter pubs safely (but they won't as they don't do that anyway), but I won't be getting my first vaccine until potentially June and second dose by say August (and I would actually go out and put money into businesses).

Is there a problem with under 40's? I mean I'm 36 and had all those as have all my peers I certainly don't remember any kids being opt outs when schools had vaccinations.
Guess the docs etc are getting wrong then thinking this group is less likely to uptake in 90% + envisaged for other groups.
Certainly the discredited MMR fiasco has had an effect for many in this group regarding getting their children vaccinated so maybe this where their hypothesis comes from and the 20s who seem to less on the jab ( WHO reporting world wide)

Confirmed cases of the South African variant round here so they're recommending everyone get tested asap

Yay

Guess the docs etc are getting wrong then thinking this group is less likely to uptake in 90% + envisaged for other groups.
Certainly the discredited MMR fiasco has had an effect for many in this group regarding getting their children vaccinated so maybe this where their hypothesis comes from and the 20s who seem to less on the jab ( WHO reporting world wide)
Have you got a citation for this? In the UK actual uptake polling figures.

I'm just surprised as I noted I had all those vaccines, every kid in my school did, I litreally know of no one not getting the vaccine. If anything I've seen more skepticism about lockdowns and general consproacy from the 40-60 bracket than younger people.

I'd like to see some evidence.

Should add as a quick one I have no time for anti vaccine idiots. But before we put restrictions on people they better be a signifcant population that will cause huge problems and people who can't have vaccines for medical (and I hate it but fine religious) better not be put in the same bracket as the numbskulls who think Andrew Wakefield (may he rot in a ditch) is fine man.

Just as I need a beer and Wales v England tomorrow. :(.
Now you tell me - I had a gallon of cider and a bottle of wine last night to celebrate getting my vaccine! If this is serious medical advice, I might have been a good idea to get people administering the vaccine to mention it. :mad:

Should add as a quick one I have no time for anti vaccine idiots. But before we put restrictions on people they better be a signifcant population that will cause huge problems and people who can't have vaccines for medical (and I hate it but fine religious) better not be put in the same bracket as the numbskulls who think Andrew Wakefield (may he rot in a ditch) is fine man.
TBF, Vaccine passports are always (so far as I've seen) talked about alongside exemptions for the medically unable to take them - just not the self-certified medically unable (as with masks)

Quick one: my local area now has a very high positive test rate. Is that because they are using the village hall as a rapid test centre?

Now you tell me - I had a gallon of cider and a bottle of wine last night to celebrate getting my vaccine! If this is serious medical advice, I might have been a good idea to get people administering the vaccine to mention it. :mad:

Sorry RedRuth, but if you're drinking 4.5 litres of cider and a bottle of wine (750ml) in a single night then you've gotta seriously consider cutting down in any case. Jab or no jab. You'd be busting your weekly allowance by more than double. But hey you're an adult at the end of the day. It's your liver and immune system.

I only read up on the advice the night before my jab as was keen on having a beer. I tend only to drink at weekends myself so hadn't had a drink for a week before. They didn't bring it up when I had my jab and slipped my mind to ask. The leaflet they gave me afterwards for Astra doesn't mention it either.

There's no serious studies on this at the moment apart from they know alcohol can suppress your immune system and heavy drinking is not recommended to ensure optimum immune system whilst the antibodies are being produced. So for me one more week is not a great sacrifice.

What's the general opinion of the vaccine in the states?
From what I heard on the news today, a third of the population doesn't want to take it. I look forward to the vaccine, but I'm not in a high risk category and have a long wait.

Last edited:

6 cases of the Brazilian variant have been found here in the UK.

6 cases of the Brazilian variant have been found here in the UK.

So in theory 1 case in 10 million yes a concern but each individual will choose their concern over this.

Latest posts