• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

I disagree. I'll get my jab (once I have such an option of course) but there's something inside me that protests against Covid passports.
If my risk after the vaccination is:
from 8% to 27% - light form of Coronavirus
Then I'm ready to take this risk to not make other people taking vaccines and/or preparing additional documents for it (but I believe that most of people are responsible enough to get their vaccines)

I disagree. I'll get my jab (once I have such an option of course) but there's something inside me that protests against Covid passports.
If my risk after the vaccination is:
from 8% to 27% - light form of Coronavirus
Then I'm ready to take this risk to not make other people taking vaccines and/or preparing additional documents for it (but I believe that most of people are responsible enough to get their vaccines)
Well it will depend what the country you wish to travel too requires. Like I have said before there are many countries that require you to have jabs such as HepB and yellow fever before you travel to them. If you want to travel to say France and the French government say you need to have a covid vaccine you have a choice of either getting the jab and getting the paperwork or not going.

I don't see how you can have covid passports when the majority of the workers in these places will be people who haven't had a vaccine. How can you tell people they can come to work, but then can't come in to have a drink as they don't have a passport?

For me, and I've said this so many times before, the main issue is that the government has never had a functioning test and trace system. Yes vaccine passports might stop covid spreading as much, but it's discriminatory. While a decent test and trace might allow it to spread a little further, it would enable the government to actively track the virus, something they've never been able to do. Vaccine passports are the response of a government who are desperate to get the economy going and know they haven't got the basics in place to allow that to happen, so they end up having to discriminate against people.

Then the test and trace has got to be part of the passport for those who have not had or choose not to have the jab.

Is it still being run by Serco and not what should be happening with local authorities/local public health officials running it?

Do we know what % of the population this actually affects?
Very small.
I don't actually know, but I'd expect it to be below 0.5%.

Mostly related to those with immune conditions, or undergoing certain treatments like radiotherapy.
Of course, if it includes something like HIV, then the percentage will jump up way above that.

Either way, it's something that could easily be accounted for on a vaccine passport, as NICE would create a list of exempted circumstances (I suspect they already have); and a passport can say "excempt" rather than a date of vacination.

Because it would be interesting to understand how a big a problem it is. If 20% of the population cannot have the jab then that need to be taken into consideration regards lockdown easing etc. if its 0.001% then its not such an issue.

Why are you being such a tart?
Isn't that % similar to what the UK fishing industry brought to the economy before Brexit?

From memory a lot of people were worried about something which doesn't actually account for a large proportion of society.

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

Isn't that % similar to what the UK fishing industry brought to the economy before Brexit?

From memory a lot of people were worried about something which doesn't actually account for a large proportion of society.

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity
Probably. Not sure what that's got to do with covid

it's the inequality of requiring a vaccine before some people have the option that is wrong.
I'd agree that it's unfair, but is this the least wrong option? As far as I can see the other options are to keep stymying the economy until everyone has been given the option or to toss a few more bodies on the pyre so that those who can't do things with an acceptable degree of safety are afforded the same benefits as those who can. Either seem like a high price to pay.

I'd agree that it's unfair, but is this the least wrong option? As far as I can see the other options are to keep stymying the economy until everyone has been given the option or to toss a few more bodies on the pyre so that those who can't do things with an acceptable degree of safety are afforded the same benefits as those who can. Either seem like a high price to pay.
Had a vaccine yet?

Basically I'm told because of age and health getting COVID is low risk and therefore I don't need a vaccine as soon as other people. But I'm so high a risk other people can mingle but I can't.

But this is typical of the current older generations as soon as they have something they are more than happy to **** over those who are younger.

A huge proportion of younger people have been locked down either with no work or working from, not seeing friends or family for the best part of the year. The social contract was because we were low risk it was to protect others. Now its its the other sides turn to do the same they won't do it.

Let's not forget the fact most of the people working in these places won't have been offered a vaccine yet. So again they have to actually serve people who are allowed the entertainment but aren't actually allowed to go to them themselves.

@ncurd I haven't expressed an opinion, I shared the way that I have broken the decision down in my mind hoping that anything I had overlooked or misunderstood would be pointed out to me.

It wouldn't feel right to me, but nor would seeing people lose their businesses and livelihoods when something could be done to prevent them or keeping calm and carrying on killing more people than we need to.

Are you disagreeing with my assertion that there are only three options? If not, which one are you advocating and why?

@ncurd I haven't expressed an opinion, I shared the way that I have broken the decision down in my mind hoping that anything I had overlooked or misunderstood would be pointed out to me.

It wouldn't feel right to me, but nor would seeing people lose their businesses and livelihoods when something could be done to prevent them or keeping calm and carrying on killing more people than we need to.

Are you disagreeing with my assertion that there are only three options? If not, which one are you advocating and why?
Apologies misunderstaning of intention.

My personal one is "stymying the economy". Although I don't think its doing that to the degree suggested currently we have a plan to open up which is the same level for everyone. The idea being it gives acceptable amount of risk towards the populace as a whole (never completely kill it) whilst opening up as much as that allows. Anything else either creates an unacceptable amount of risk or creates a two tiered society.

At present, it is illegal to travel abroad for holidays, with foreign travel only allowed in specific circumstances. Those who do travel abroad must quarantine either at home or in a hotel on return to England.
I didn't understand it:
So, all the international travels from the UK are now prohibited (for tourist purpose I mean)? Or it's possible to travel to some limited number of countries but you have to stay on quarantine when you go back? And what are those "specific circumstances"?

Latest posts